The Racism Thread

gil

Re: The Racism Thread

Post by gil » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:21 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:08 am
I honestly meant this thread to be more about poking fun than anything else. The first post links to a short video that points out powerful black or multiracial women married to white guys. This is completely predictable given what we know about female mate selection, but still kind of funny when they constantly claim oppression.
Don't you think that someone could believe that there is systemic racism but still love someone who is white? Believing that there is systemic racism does not mean believing that every white person is evil, as far as I know. These are two different levels of analysis ... although I realize there are some people who are going to claim that I am wrong about this.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:28 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:21 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
I honestly meant this thread to be more about poking fun than anything else. The first post links to a short video that points out powerful black or multiracial women married to white guys. This is completely predictable given what we know about female mate selection, but still kind of funny when they constantly claim oppression.
Don't you think that someone could believe that there is systemic racism but still love someone who is white? Believing that there is systemic racism does not mean believing that every white person is evil, as far as I know. These are two different levels of analysis ... although I realize there are some people who are going to claim that I am wrong about this.
The irony gil is they ignore skin color (as they should) when falling in love but expect everyone else constantly obsess about it right down to fabricating the nonsense that there is still systemic racism despite every single racist law being struck down decades ago other than affirmative action, of course, which unfairly benefits POCs.
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:39 pm

gil wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:
I'm sure that's their reasoning. I think the reality of it is that when you are a black woman that gets a law degree or whatever, that at some point you start circulating in groups where there simply aren't that many black males of a similar or higher status. This is an issue, actually, that higher achieving women tend to have in general, regardless of race, which is that as they climb higher and higher without having gotten married, there are fewer and fewer men that they match up well with in terms of status. And women are much less willing to marry downwards than are men. This becomes a much more difficult problem when you are a black woman.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:28 pm
gil wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:
The irony gil is they ignore skin color (as they should) when falling in love but expect everyone else constantly obsess about it right down to fabricating the nonsense that there is still systemic racism despite every single racist law being struck down decades ago other than affirmative action, of course, which unfairly benefits POCs.
"... expect everyone else constantly obsess about it ..."

Aren't you putting words (and thoughts) in people's mouths (and heads) there, Darren? I mean, I know some quite liberal people, including one who teaches a "white privilege" workshop, but I've never heard that sentiment from any of them. Awareness? Sure. Obsession? I think that is pushing it too far and painting a stereotype.

Now, as to laws: Changing the laws didn't stop racism any more than laws stop drunk driving. #1 we have a society where some high up people (e.g., Sen Tuberville, R-AL) can say things that denigrate the majority of blacks, but half the country doesn't give a f. #2 History matters. The fact that my father could take advantage of the GI bill, but his black war buddies could not is history, but I have no doubt it affects our families. Blacks not being able to attend colleges affected families. Do you think that the effects is these things ended with 1960s laws?

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:12 am

The largest demographic of unemployed American Citizens is Black males, 18-30 years old. Cound that statistic have anything to do with your stats of those who commit most of the murders? In my mind, yes. But then if you look at SeaTac's minimum wage, now at $18 per hour, and all the businesses with "Help Wanted" signs in their windows, you haver to wonder. Would you, if you were only a High School graduate, take a 40 hour work week job that would pay you $37,440 for a year?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:16 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:53 pm
D-train wrote:
gil wrote:

Aren't you putting words (and thoughts) in people's mouths (and heads) there, Darren? I mean, I know some quite liberal people, including one who teaches a "white privilege" workshop, but I've never heard that sentiment from any of them. Awareness? Sure. Obsession? I think that is pushing it too far and painting a stereotype.

Now, as to laws: Changing the laws didn't stop racism any more than laws stop drunk driving. #1 we have a society where some high up people (e.g., Sen Tuberville, R-AL) can say things that denigrate the majority of blacks, but half the country doesn't give a f. #2 History matters. The fact that my father could take advantage of the GI bill, but his black war buddies could not is history, but I have no doubt it affects our families. Blacks not being able to attend colleges affected families. Do you think that the effects is these things ended with 1960s laws?
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:32 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:16 pm
gil wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:53 pm
D-train wrote:

:!:

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:29 am

Wonderful testimony

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:21 pm

The irony is that the idiot white liberals who espouse themselves as enlightened progressive do gooders are actually significantly denigrating POCs by insisting that they can't succeed on their own without being provided significant artificial advantages to get them to a level provided by this imagined White privilege.

While they have successfully convinced themselves and others through virtue signaling that they are some philanthropic pseudo Mother Theresa/Ghandi reincarnates, their motives are actually very selfish as they seek to appease their self imposed white guilt and inflate their egos based on perceived self importance and superiority over the throng of racists rubes that they have been doomed to share the Caucasian race with.
dt