Elon officially in charge of Twitter

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Elon officially in charge of Twitter

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:56 am

Didn't they find nearly that many for Christine Gregoire after the 4th recount?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:18 pm

Whoa!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:08 pm

dt

gil

Post by gil » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:08 pm
I've never had anyone "force their pronouns" on me. Am I missing something?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:16 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:08 pm
D-train wrote:
Expecting other people to use inaccurate grammar to refer to you is what he is referring to.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:16 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:08 pm
D-train wrote:
Expecting other people to use inaccurate grammar to refer to you is what he is referring to.
When I refer to someone, I use the person's name. Unless I am insulting that person. :D (e.g., "That narcissistic, attention-whore a-hole!") [I'm thinking of a certain richest man in the world here]

I do find the focus on pronouns perplexing, but people being upset about it perplexes me as well. It's like someone wearing stripes with plaid. No skin off my back. I guess my libertarian side is showing.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:05 am

Gil you are literal demonstrating the vacuum you live in. There has been a lot of back lash and stories about people misgendering people.

This is a pro trans non bianary website celebrating a ruling that misgending people is a human rights violation that has severe penalties. Would you call that forced gil???

https://www.them.us/story/canadian-cour ... -violation
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:08 am

Curios. Did you really think Elon just made it up??? Would you consider "ordered" and "forced" and "legal requirement" to be synonyms.

This is why the left thinks conservatives are crazy. Because none of this is covered by the mainstream media so they think everything is a made up conspiracy theories intended to fuel anti gay and racist sentiment.
The tribunal ordered Buono Osteria to implement a formal pronoun policy, as well as mandatory diversity and inclusion training for all managers and staff. The restaurant and specific offenders responsible for the behavior will pay Nelson $30,000 in damages, according to the CBC.
“They’re the minimum of courtesy and respect,” Smith said to Canadian news outlet CityNews. “It’s not an option to respect the pronouns that trans people choose for themselves. It’s a legal requirement to use the pronouns that a trans person uses for themselves and asks to have used in the workplace.”
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:18 am

Not just Canada

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rest ... in-schools

And these are the people that sane people need to cater to:
dt

gil

Post by gil » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:23 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:05 am
Gil you are literal demonstrating the vacuum you live in. There has been a lot of back lash and stories about people misgendering people.

This is a pro trans non bianary website celebrating a ruling that misgending people is a human rights violation that has severe penalties. Would you call that forced gil???

https://www.them.us/story/canadian-cour ... -violation
I prefer to call it a "bubble." Calling it a vacuum is violating my rights to call it whatever I want to. :lol:

Geez, dt, where do you dig this stuff up? Seriously. I'm a fairly regular reader of NY Times, and while I assume they are supportive of people who have different gender identifies, I've never seen anything like this.

BTW ... that BC case ... Calling someone "sweetie" or "honey" when that person doesn't want to be called those things? I'd consider that harassment, and it doesn't matter what their preferred pronouns are.