Official Mid Terms thread

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: Official Mid Terms thread

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:56 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:10 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:51 pm
In no particular order, it seems the main things that may have resulted in democrat votes exceeding predictions and polling numbers):

SC ruling on Roe v. Wade
Trump candidates (in many cases with ads funded by democrats)
voting irregularities
I think candidate quality is a big problem for Republicans. I'm not surprised Boebert lost, for instance. Hershel Walker may still win in the runoff in Georgia, but he's a really terrible candidate. I think any sort of middle of the road white guy conservative would have won that race handily.
Same with Oz anyone with a pulse should have beat Senator Fetterman….what a fucked up state…the only thing worth a shit from there is pretzels

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:49 am

Boebert may actually win after all. It's neck and neck, 62 votes.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:34 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:49 am
Hey, that would actually make a pretty good nickname for Uncle Fester-man.

"Neck and Neck"
Attachments
Screenshot_20221109-213309_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20221109-213309_DuckDuckGo.jpg (280.01 KiB) Viewed 391 times

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:33 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:34 am
GL_Storm wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:49 am
Hey, that would actually make a pretty good nickname for Uncle Fester-man.

"Neck and Neck"
:lol: Dude could make millions in horror movies or as the villain in Bond movies. Missed his calling. What a complete GOON.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:20 pm

It appears that candidates with diminished mental faculties are becoming increasingly attractive to Democrat voters. Shouldn't come as a surprise given the general suspension of reason that accompanies their values.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:40 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:20 pm
It appears that candidates with diminished mental faculties are becoming increasingly attractive to Democrat voters. Shouldn't come as a surprise given the general suspension of reason that accompanies their values.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Have to laugh to keep from crying. Freaking Gallows humor man. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:08 pm

Time and time again I am proven correct. I could take a shit on a piece of paper, run it as a Democratic candidate, and it would win I believe if I am counting correctly, Smiley won 29 Counties. Murray won 10. Yet Murray wins by over 265,000 votes.

I realize there are counties that have a larger population, so that's why. But maybe it's time to adopt the electoral college at the State level as well? People like Murray, Schrier and that dope Inslee only have to worry about making those few Counties happy. And really? Only King and Pierce matter. Schrier won King county only....and won by over 11,000 votes. I remember looking into it when Inslee won, and based on the number of votes cast, if everyone outside of King and Pierce voted for Inslee he still would have won. I might be a tad bit off, but I remember the total number of votes outside those two counties being less than the number of votes he got inside those two counties.

There is literally NO REASON, especially for a Democrat, to worry about any County east of King.
Attachments
Smiley Election.PNG
Smiley Election.PNG (115.83 KiB) Viewed 369 times

gil

Post by gil » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:08 pm
Time and time again I am proven correct. I could take a shit on a piece of paper, run it as a Democratic candidate, and it would win I believe if I am counting correctly, Smiley won 29 Counties. Murray won 10. Yet Murray wins by over 265,000 votes.

I realize there are counties that have a larger population, so that's why. But maybe it's time to adopt the electoral college at the State level as well? People like Murray, Schrier and that dope Inslee only have to worry about making those few Counties happy. And really? Only King and Pierce matter. Schrier won King county only....and won by over 11,000 votes. I remember looking into it when Inslee won, and based on the number of votes cast, if everyone outside of King and Pierce voted for Inslee he still would have won. I might be a tad bit off, but I remember the total number of votes outside those two counties being less than the number of votes he got inside those two counties.

There is literally NO REASON, especially for a Democrat, to worry about any County east of King.
Interesting idea, except I don't believe that counties have a special historical standing at the state level, the way that states have a special standing constitutionally. The US Congress has representatives from states. The Washington legislature has representatives from legislative districts (that are created to have roughly equal populations).

That aside, I don't know why someone's vote in, say, Benton county, should count more than someone's vote in King county. Do you?

The old adage that in WA all the voters you need can be seen from the top of the Space Needle? Literally true, but not EVERYONE in these counties is going to vote for a Dem. You've got to get as many votes as you can everywhere, even if it's not friendly territory. I think Smiley made a strategic mistake at the end doing a tour in the east and focusing on low population counties. She would have been better off trying to rally her potential supporters in the high population counties.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:54 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:32 pm
You've got to get as many votes as you can everywhere, even if it's not friendly territory. I think Smiley made a strategic mistake at the end doing a tour in the east and focusing on low population counties. She would have been better off trying to rally her potential supporters in the high population counties.
They don't have to, not if they are a Democrat. A Democrat literaly just has to ensure that the few Counties around King are happy....look at that map!

If you assigned an electoral number to it, it wouldnt be as simple as winning four counties. They would have to actually go out West and answer to the shit they are doing. NOTHING is done with an eye for anyone over here. Because? They don't have to. Look at how long it's been since this State voted Red? The last time a Republican won the Presidential vote here was Regan. In his FIRST term. The Governor has not been a Republican since the early 90s or late 80s, I can't remember for sure.

Assign a big number to the Counties with the most population, that is exactly what they do with the States. But a candidate shouldn't be able to win an election based on the results of two counties. Kind and Pierce would vote for dog shit on paper if it was running Blue.

488,499 votes cast in King County
268,308 votes cast in Pierce County
198,744 votes cast in Snohomish County

955,551 votes in three counties. There are 39 counties total.
1,950,739 votes total were cast. So, barely over half of the votes came from 36 counties.

Murray won King with a whopping 75%!

The total votes received in the three largest counties for Murray are 622,367

975,370 votes, at last count, would win the State. That is one vote higher than the total I posted above. So Murray needs 35% of the votes from the other 36 counties to win. So, if 36 out of 39 Counties hate her so much she can't get 34% of the vote? She will lose, otherwise? Tell me again how she gives a squirt of piss about the other 36 Counties.

gil

Post by gil » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:54 pm
gil wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:32 pm
You've got to get as many votes as you can everywhere, even if it's not friendly territory. I think Smiley made a strategic mistake at the end doing a tour in the east and focusing on low population counties. She would have been better off trying to rally her potential supporters in the high population counties.
They don't have to, not if they are a Democrat. A Democrat literaly just has to ensure that the few Counties around King are happy....look at that map!

If you assigned an electoral number to it, it wouldnt be as simple as winning four counties. They would have to actually go out West and answer to the shit they are doing. NOTHING is done with an eye for anyone over here. Because? They don't have to. Look at how long it's been since this State voted Red? The last time a Republican won the Presidential vote here was Regan. In his FIRST term. The Governor has not been a Republican since the early 90s or late 80s, I can't remember for sure.

Assign a big number to the Counties with the most population, that is exactly what they do with the States. But a candidate shouldn't be able to win an election based on the results of two counties. Kind and Pierce would vote for dog shit on paper if it was running Blue.

488,499 votes cast in King County
268,308 votes cast in Pierce County
198,744 votes cast in Snohomish County

955,551 votes in three counties. There are 39 counties total.
1,950,739 votes total were cast. So, barely over half of the votes came from 36 counties.

Murray won King with a whopping 75%!

The total votes received in the three largest counties for Murray are 622,367

975,370 votes, at last count, would win the State. That is one vote higher than the total I posted above. So Murray needs 35% of the votes from the other 36 counties to win. So, if 36 out of 39 Counties hate her so much she can't get 34% of the vote? She will lose, otherwise? Tell me again how she gives a squirt of piss about the other 36 Counties.
If I understand what you are saying, winning any county would give you a certain number of "electoral votes", just like in the US as a whlle, and each county would have a number of electoral votes proportionate to its population. Then you total the electoral votes to see who won. Is that it?

I guess I have to disagree. Counties don't hate people. People hate people. Counties aren't happy. People are happy.

I think there are 18 of 39 counties that each have a population less than 50,000 - i.e, each of these 18 counties has fewer people than Bothell. No candidate has to win Bothell. No candidate has to win Capitol Hill or any other neighborhood in Seattle. It's "one man one vote" (so to speak).