Inflation

GL_Storm

Inflation

Post by GL_Storm » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:44 pm

Inflation I think is a term that most people at least know, though Americans' understanding of why it happens and how it works is understandably poor since in our history we've mostly managed to avoid it.

And now today I see this on twitter. Hard to believe even an avowed leftist would say something this stupid and patronizing on a major cable news outlet. It really boggles the mind.

D-train

Re: Inflation

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:48 pm

Just saw that. Beyond belief. Just next level stupidity. What should be call it instead? Pricey uppy?
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:17 pm

Good God. I'm glad I don't watch cable.

"Price stability challenged"? :roll:

Recent inflation #s per https://tradingeconomics.com/country-li ... tion-rate-

Australia 7.3
Austria 11.0
Canada 6.9
Denmark 10.0
France 6.2
Germany 10.4
Italy 11.9
Japan 3.0
Netherlands 14.5
New Zealand 7.2
Norway 6.9
Portugal 10.2
Spain 7.3
Sweden 10.8
Switzerland 3.0
United Kingdom 10.1
United States 8.2
(Euro Area 10.7)

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:56 pm

What gets me is just the absolute balls to say something like that, that most people didn't know what inflation was. It's the absolute definition of gaslighting.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:06 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:56 pm
What gets me is just the absolute balls to say something like that, that most people didn't know what inflation was. It's the absolute definition of gaslighting.
The lunacy of it is she is insinuating that nobody would even notice they are paying more for literally everything if Republicans didn't teach them that new fancy word you have to go to college and get Econ degrees to learn. Bat shit crazy dumb bitch.
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:06 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:56 pm
The lunacy of it is she is insinuating that nobody would even notice they are paying more for literally everything if Republicans didn't teach them that new fancy word you have to go to college and get Econ degrees to learn. Bat shit crazy dumb bitch.
I wouldn't call her crazy or dumb. Not at all.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:29 am

Like most announcers on TV, she has an overblown opinion of herself and everyone else in the world is beneath her.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:40 am

Anyone with a basic understanding of economics realizes that inflation is the devaluation of currency caused by money printing. There are two ways the government rips you off. Taxation and Inflation.

If we were freed from the tyranny of inflation and all the various taxes, the people would be much more free. Not only would you have all of your property tax, income tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, estate tax, etc. back in your pocket. But, you could invest it as well. Suddenly every neighborhood could afford private security to patrol and actually prevent crime from happening. Suddenly people could afford to provide for charitable causes. How often do the corporate billionaires actually make real change with their so-called philantropy? Typically things like the Gates foundation are nothing more than tax evasion strategies. Same thing when they donate to universities, which are completely tax free institutions. It's also impossible to tax the rich, because they control the system, they work the loopholes, and they and pass the taxes onto the consumers. Taxes always screw the middle and lower classes

There's also no such thing as property tax or sales tax. Businesses don't pay taxes and neither to pieces of land. Every tax is passed on to the consumer and the land owner. All taxes are essentially personal income taxes. Inflation is just another criminal act of theft. Property tax prevents a person from simply living off the land.

Time to wake up and start amassing gold and silver. If more people start doing this, it will have a major impact. Gold and silver are the only real money. The rest is just worthless paper. But, you have to take physical delivery of gold and silver bars and coins. Otherwise, you're just playing into the derivitives game. There's something like 1,000 claims on every ounce of silver. This is how the price is manipulated. But, the banks are accumulating silver and gold. JP Morgan owns more silver than any other institution. They generate the fiat currency out of thin air, and them move the profits into real monetary assets like gold and silver. Crypto is another options. There's more risk with crypto, but there's also a lot to like - I am partial to the privacy coins. If you buy Monero, then nobody can track your balances or where you spent it - it's completely anonymous.

Fuck the banks. Fuck inflation. Time to fight back.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:35 pm

If the Fed can just print money, why am I paying taxes?

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:08 pm

THAT.....is a brilliant observation.

1) whatever did we do before the 16th amendment ?

2) inflation should finance the central government.