DeSantis takes lead over Trump

D-train

DeSantis takes lead over Trump

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:09 pm

dt

gil

Re: DeSantis takes lead over Trump

Post by gil » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:43 pm

Interesting. The article goes on to say "... the former president leads the Florida governor 53% to 39% among those who identify as “strong” Republicans (17% of adults), signaling that Trump’s MAGA base remains loyal to him. ... however, DeSantis leads Trump 44% to 32% among those who identify as “not very strong Republicans” or independents who lean Republican (19% of adults) — a sign that the composition of the primary electorate may be crucial if the two candidates do wind up duking it out in 2024."

In my opinion, Republicans lost a few winnable senate, house, and governor positions in the elections last month because the candidates that won primaries were preferred by the "strong" Republicans, but didn't appeal to the "not very strong" or Independents who lean" Republican. Result: Democrats winning the senate seats in PA and GA and the governorship in AZ.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:20 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:43 pm
Interesting. The article goes on to say "... the former president leads the Florida governor 53% to 39% among those who identify as “strong” Republicans (17% of adults), signaling that Trump’s MAGA base remains loyal to him. ... however, DeSantis leads Trump 44% to 32% among those who identify as “not very strong Republicans” or independents who lean Republican (19% of adults) — a sign that the composition of the primary electorate may be crucial if the two candidates do wind up duking it out in 2024."

In my opinion, Republicans lost a few winnable senate, house, and governor positions in the elections last month because the candidates that won primaries were preferred by the "strong" Republicans, but didn't appeal to the "not very strong" or Independents who lean" Republican. Result: Democrats winning the senate seats in PA and GA and the governorship in AZ.
Yeah agree it was a F up. I heard some were anti abortion with zero exceptions. Even health of the mother. Idiotic.

btw why do they always separate rape and incest. Isn't a father or uncle having sex with a minor daughter or niece also rape? Just zero reason to differentiate in the this case but they always do. Is anyone going be for an exception for rape but not incest or vice versa???
dt

gil

Post by gil » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:20 pm
gil wrote:

Yeah agree it was a F up. I heard some were anti abortion with zero exceptions. Even health of the mother. Idiotic.

btw why do they always separate rape and incest. Isn't a father or uncle having sex with a minor daughter or niece also rape? Just zero reason to differentiate in the this case but they always do. Is anyone going be for an exception for rape but not incest or vice versa???
Incest can be consensual between adults, e.g., and adult brother and sister, but if they are adults and consent to having sex, it isn't rape. Rape is non-consensual, whether the parties are related or not. Your example is both incest (because of the blood relations) and statutory rape, because a minor is not considered to be able to consent.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:31 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:12 pm
D-train wrote:
gil wrote:

Incest can be consensual between adults, e.g., and adult brother and sister, but if they are adults and consent to having sex, it isn't rape. Rape is non-consensual, whether the parties are related or not. Your example is both incest (because of the blood relations) and statutory rape, because a minor is not considered to be able to consent.
Yes, I realize that but why should an exception be made for consensual sex. To prevent a mutant Deliverance baby? :lol:

https://www.google.com/search?q=deliver ... =937&dpr=1
dt

gil

Post by gil » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:31 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

Yes, I realize that but why should an exception be made for consensual sex. To prevent a mutant Deliverance baby? :lol:

As far as I know, incest has been a taboo in many societies and is currently illegal in most US states (consent or not). And yes, that is the reason for the traditional taboo.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:38 am

Huge!!!!
dt

gil

Post by gil » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:38 am
Huge!!!!
I think this is really good news for Republicans. At least the Republicans I used know.

I think it will be interesting to see if DeSantis and Trump actually square up one-on-one in many primaries. In 2016, Trump won several primaries with a plurality, but not a majority of votes, when running against several others who split 50%+ of the vote.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:09 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:08 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:31 pm
gil wrote:

As far as I know, incest has been a taboo in many societies and is currently illegal in most US states (consent or not). And yes, that is the reason for the traditional taboo.
Yeah call me crazy and maybe because I don't have any sisters but seems more natural for a man to have sex with his sister than another dude. And I am pro gay marriage.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:11 pm

gil wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:12 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:38 am
Huge!!!!
I think this is really good news for Republicans. At least the Republicans I used know.

I think it will be interesting to see if DeSantis and Trump actually square up one-on-one in many primaries. In 2016, Trump won several primaries with a plurality, but not a majority of votes, when running against several others who split 50%+ of the vote.
When remaining trump loyalist realize that DeSantis has a commanding lead then will begin to jump on the bandwagon. And there will not be a single Trump supporter voting for the Dem candidate in the general obviously.
dt