Controversial Harsh idea

douche

Re: Controversial Harsh idea

Post by douche » Mon May 01, 2023 6:33 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:38 pm
Granted, our government has run rampant, and drastically needs to be reduced, but we still need some form of government.
Agreed. Unfortunately it will never be reduced, it will simply become more and more invasive. To the point of communism. Not in our lifetime, perhaps, but eventually. It's all about control. Along with the requisite glad-handing, corruption, greed and hypocrisy, of course.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue May 02, 2023 9:07 pm

Saying that we need government is saying that we need illegitimate rule by force.

We can have rules and order without "government". We'll have a more peaceful and prosperous society if people learn to view "government" as organized crime. But, I'm not holding my breath. Statism is the number one religion in the world.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue May 02, 2023 10:07 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:07 pm
Saying that we need government is saying that we need illegitimate rule by force.

We can have rules and order without "government". We'll have a more peaceful and prosperous society if people learn to view "government" as organized crime. But, I'm not holding my breath. Statism is the number one religion in the world.
That is laughable!!!!
Who will enforce any rule that "we all" choose to live by?

Shit man, you are encouraging the "Wild West" lifestyle again. Believe me, I am alright with that. With the weapons I have and the amount of ammo to go with said weapons, me and my family will want for nothing and fear nobody.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed May 03, 2023 12:19 am

DanielVogelbach wrote:

*Also, let's discuss just who is government?
*In a lot of cities utilities like water, sewer and garbage are ran by the government.
*The police & state patrol are certainly government.
*The nice people at the local building departments are government, these would be those that make sure your neighbors don't have a negative impact on you by building on your property (claiming it's theirs).
*Government is also those people that are elected that make these "rules" you are talking about.
*Government also keeps up the roads.
*Government also is responsible for our military.
*Government would be just about every institution of higher learning (including coaches).
*Government is who builds places like SafeCo field, which the votes didn't approve.
*Government is the body that makes sure the waters are clean to drink.
*Government is also the body that ensures safe passage from place to place.
*Government is also the TSA, how fucked up would the sky's be with terrorists if not for this group of idiots?

But you want to be done with all of it! :lol: :lol:

I'm not saying that there isn't a huge amount of waste and over-reach, because there certainly is. I wish we had a way to be rid of it!! But sorry young chap, we need government.

Ours may not be the best it can be, but it's better than Iran.

douche

Post by douche » Wed May 03, 2023 2:08 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:

I've viewed government as organized crime for as long as I can remember. How many other people do? A fair number, I would imagine. And yes, statism is a disease. A disease that has been essentially forced upon us.

I don't disagree entirely with what you're saying, but can you outline a specific plan to eliminate government and rid ourselves of said statism? Without descending into total chaos? How do we approach this? Where do we start?

In theory, your idea is not awful. But in reality?

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Thu May 04, 2023 1:18 am

douche wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:08 pm
I've viewed government as organized crime for as long as I can remember. How many other people do? A fair number, I would imagine. And yes, statism is a disease. A disease that has been essentially forced upon us.

I don't disagree entirely with what you're saying, but can you outline a specific plan to eliminate government and rid ourselves of said statism? Without descending into total chaos? How do we approach this? Where do we start?

In theory, your idea is not awful. But in reality?
There are mafias and cartels that murder people and shake down businesses. But, their power is held in check to some degree, because the general public views their activities to be immoral and criminal. Governments are able to commit crimes on a much larger scale, because the public views them to be legitimate. Shifting this perception of legitimacy could make a world of difference, since the few have no ability to control the many without obedient order followers.

The problem is that statism is heavily drilled into children during their K-12 government indoctrination camps, and it's also pushed through entertainment and news media propaganda. So, it's easier to get someone to leave their religion than to convince them that voting is meaningless and all taxation is theft.

Most initiatives in the pro-freedom movement center around self-reliance and non-compliance. There's a lot of encouragement to pull kids out of government schools and grow your own food - things like that. As I started learning about voluntaryism, I also discovered concepts such as homesteading, permaculture, food forests, intentional communities, freedom cells, earth ships, precious metals, etc. There is also the concept of relocating to a place where the government is less tyrannical. So, there are some things you can do that might help yourself and others to live more freely, but I don't think you're gonna get everyone to stop worshipping their flags, singing their anthems, voting for their politicians, etc.