The Homeless Problem

Mel Bradford

Re: The Homeless Problem

Post by Mel Bradford » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:08 pm

douche

Post by douche » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm

The human race is so sad.

One comment in particular really struck me...

"There is great money to be made in helping “underserved populations.” Blank check amounts to be made, and it’s been happening for years. Same with cancer research and awareness. Why would there ever be a cure for any of these when awareness and research and meetings make SO MUCH money?"

It's a game that's been going on for years. People need to stop buying in to it.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:12 pm

The non profit madness. Gov collects the dough. Hands it to the organizations that do nothing. Junkies experience 'assisted suicide'.

The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else. Frederick Bastiat

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:23 am

douche wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm
The human race is so sad.

One comment in particular really struck me...

"There is great money to be made in helping “underserved populations.” Blank check amounts to be made, and it’s been happening for years. Same with cancer research and awareness. Why would there ever be a cure for any of these when awareness and research and meetings make SO MUCH money?"

It's a game that's been going on for years. People need to stop buying in to it.
The most interesting thing with most cancers is that the cure starts with you and your body. Your body is always fending off cell mutations and is very, very good at correcting these error. Your bodies defense will likely be better than anything we can create for most cancers since it already does it an an epic rate. The best thing anyone can do to prevent cancer is to live a clean healthy like.

But with that said, my wife is a cancer research scientist. She knows all too well that there are plenty of people and organization out there looking to pitch their hypothesis for the sake of money. But scientist like my wife are 100% in it for the science. They will be honest with you on how complicated cancer is in finding a cure. But right now the only true cure for all cancers is to kill the patient. But this isn't necessary for every cancer or diseases. There are ways they can test good cells and bad cells against certain protein antibodies that could lead to treatment that aims to allow your body's own immune system to fight against disease. It's called immunotheorapy. It leverages the great power your body has to defend itself together to fight disease.

Recently I had the honor to be an editor on a paper about Osteogenesis-Imperfecta (OI). A friend of mine in Vienna, Austria was first author on the paper while working at Johannes Kepler University in Linz, Austria.

If you've ever seen on of these Shriner's Hospital commercials and see the little kids with the deformed bones that have to use crutches to get around? That is OI. It is a very, very rare bone disease. So rare many science researchers wouldn't consider putting their time into it since every if there did discover a treatment, well..., the treatment isn't going to be a big revenue generator for them.

But for one of my best friends Dr. Ahmed El Gazzar it is all about the science and will never be about the money. He discovered a cell mutation in the RNa SEC16B and was about to change the mutuation with a specific antibody. My wife oversaw the histology work on this project since we had him send it to Fred Hutch for the staining and analysis. This work will never save a million lives but hopefully someday it will mitigate the damage to a child's skeletal system so the can live better lives. Ahmed's work also includes advances in breast cancer treatment. We are luck to have scientist like him.

Here is the paper on OI I did the editing on. Unfortunately the other author, and my buddy's boss, Wolfgang Holger wouldn't allow me to be an author on the paper because I don't have a medical science background. However, typically an editor would be included as a low level author or at least get a citation. I have also edited other follow up papers soon to be published on OI, but I don't anticipate getting cited on any of those either. But here is the paper. It was published not all that long ago.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7826666/