The Homeless Problem

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: The Homeless Problem

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:42 pm

gil wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:33 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:52 am
If you're a libertarian type there isn't a problem in the first place is there? What's up with trying to restrict where someone can live. If we are allowing rich ranchers to graze their cattle on public land in Montana, seems like we should be allowing poor people to camp on public land in Seattle. Just quit trying to pass laws about it and the problem is solved isn't it
This is an interesting analogy I hadn't thought of.

Following along on what you are describing as libertarian logic, we can then stop spending taxpayer money on the homeless problem.

And if you (a non-homeless person) feel threatened, hire private security. And if you don't like people camping on public land, buy your own private park.

Simple. :idea:
You two are both crazy and don't understand libertarian logic.
Libertarian logic states that as long as my rights are not being affected, and your rights are not being affected, there isn't a problem.

Allowing the homeless to sleep wherever they want can cause an issue......if they sleep on government land, let's say a park, what happens to your children when they walk through that park on their way to school?

Please remember that your rights go only as far as my rights.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:09 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:42 pm
gil wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
If you're a libertarian type there isn't a problem in the first place is there? What's up with trying to restrict where someone can live. If we are allowing rich ranchers to graze their cattle on public land in Montana, seems like we should be allowing poor people to camp on public land in Seattle. Just quit trying to pass laws about it and the problem is solved isn't it

Following along on what you are describing as libertarian logic, we can then stop spending taxpayer money on the homeless problem.

And if you (a non-homeless person) feel threatened, hire private security. And if you don't like people camping on public land, buy your own private park.

Libertarian logic states that as long as my rights are not being affected, and your rights are not being affected, there isn't a problem.

Allowing the homeless to sleep wherever they want can cause an issue......if they sleep on government land, let's say a park, what happens to your children when they walk through that park on their way to school?

aka "your right to throw a punch ends where my nose begins..."

If everyone just understood that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:24 pm

gil wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:

If you are going to promote freedom then you need to suck it up and take the bad with the good. Sure, it's easy to promote ones own freedoms but when it comes to those homeless dudes we need laws and police to handle things for us, who needs government until those homeless move in

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:35 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:09 pm
gil wrote:

aka "your right to throw a punch ends where my nose begins..."

If everyone just understood that.
Its not a punch, it's someone making you feel uncomfortable, it's imagining a threat of a punch. If you are going to eliminate government for the sake of personal freedom then you're going to have to accept you can't control the environment as you might like. Either allow people to do what they want or create a government to control them for you.

Who needs the EPA, it's just a bunch of bureaucracy, but when it comes to protecting my personal environment we need laws, we need police. My personal freedom is at risk from homeless pissing in the street

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:51 pm

As I read the article in question we are talking about people living in their RVs. Personally I have always a thought it be kinda cool to do that, talk about personal freedom. But if you don't like it then just characterize them as drug addict criminals and pass laws

Government deciding what's an acceptable way to live, personal freedom is great until i decide yours is unacceptable to me, the government needs to step in!
Seattle Mayor Bruce Harrell called the RV encampment situation "unacceptable."

"It’s not a proper way for anyone to live, it’s unacceptable to them, it’s unacceptable to the neighbors. We need action from the KCRHA and we will do everything possible to prod that action to make sure it occurs," Harrell said.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:17 pm

Living in an RV with no sewer, water, or electricity. Now there's the life!

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:21 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:38 pm

The really interesting thing is that it seems like a ton of people are waking up and calling bullshit now - and so the 'distraction' incidents are becoming utterly laughable "OH MY GOD LOOK OVER THERE - A UFO!!!" With the proliferation of independent media that is calling BS on the corporate media narratives - and people are listening and ignoring the nonsense.

Is anyone seriously buying this stuff anymore? These manufactured incidents are so absurd - it's become insulting to any reasonable person's intelligence. They are running out of distractions - we have entered the 'jump the shark' phase of utter ridiculousness.

There was a time when a UFO incident would be monster news, a huge deal, now it's just Tuesday's intended distraction from the ruination of the country.
You know what's being interestingly said now? These may have been private balloons. This is an interesting claim because it may prevent a Freedom of Information Act request for release of info.

I was never a big believer of UFOs until I was on a business trip with a former vice chairman of Joint Chiefs and asked him if aliens exist and he started discussing UFOs and how unique they are from our understanding of physics.

I do find it more interesting on how this administration has become hyper focused on engaging these aerial objects. Especially if they might be owned by a private party

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:20 pm

Donn is right regarding libertarianism. But, the catch is that the homeless problem is a direct result of government and central banks. Basically 99% of the problems in society are caused by governments and central banks.

When they steal half of our money through taxation and inflation, then we have no resources of our own and we look to them to fix our problems. It's the same thing with charity. People are less inclined to analyze and seek out the best ways to donate, because they just gave half of their wealth to the government, so they expect the government to fix the problems - but government doesn't fix problems, it creates them. It's a ridiculous concept that they will spend our money better than we can spend it ourselves in the free market.

If we simply had our tax money back and they didn't devalue the currency through inflation, then we wouldn't be sitting here complaining about the homeless.

In libertarian ideals, you can still claim private property and choose who to accept on your land. You're not forced to provide food and shelter to the homeless. In many ways, you can still be a tyrant in a free society. But, the key is for people to be able to recognize tyranny. With statism, we have a gigantic extortion racket going on, and people think it's perfectly legitimate. This makes government the most powerful criminals. They are able to rob, kill, and enslave without anyone even questioning it.

https://government-scam.com

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:49 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:20 pm
Donn is right regarding libertarianism. But, the catch is that the homeless problem is a direct result of government and central banks. Basically 99% of the problems in society are caused by governments and central banks.

When they steal half of our money through taxation and inflation, then we have no resources of our own and we look to them to fix our problems. It's the same thing with charity. People are less inclined to analyze and seek out the best ways to donate, because they just gave half of their wealth to the government, so they expect the government to fix the problems - but government doesn't fix problems, it creates them. It's a ridiculous concept that they will spend our money better than we can spend it ourselves in the free market.

If we simply had our tax money back and they didn't devalue the currency through inflation, then we wouldn't be sitting here complaining about the homeless.

In libertarian ideals, you can still claim private property and choose who to accept on your land. You're not forced to provide food and shelter to the homeless. In many ways, you can still be a tyrant in a free society. But, the key is for people to be able to recognize tyranny. With statism, we have a gigantic extortion racket going on, and people think it's perfectly legitimate. This makes government the most powerful criminals. They are able to rob, kill, and enslave without anyone even questioning it.

Congratulations!!!

This might actually be your shortest post.

Still didn't read it because it's just filled with the same crap you always post.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:32 am

Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:49 pm
DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:20 pm

Congratulations!!!

This might actually be your shortest post.

Still didn't read it because it's just filled with the same crap you always post.
By crap, do you mean the truth about how "government" has no moral right to rule? All taxation is theft? Does that work with your attention span?

https://government-scam.com/