It Is Balloon!

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: It Is Balloon!

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:06 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:54 pm
Wow, I totally rememebr seafreak and specifically that "Wilson is Jordan" convo and how it split the forum - there were posters like me (and I think Michael K was another) who were telling you to pump the breaks and acquire a little more data before annointing any Kings. We thought his ability in the pocket had not been proven - especially since his biggest weapon was the RPO - but you would not listen, wouldn't have any of it. Hands over ears and eyes to any other opinion - It was amusing.

You have a very specific POV on things - you took the exact same positioning on Disney and how they make movies - dismissing what I was telling - despite the fact I literally worked at Disney and know how they put films together and thier business model - and when I asked you questions - you would not answer them - refusal to answer is obviously a tactic used when you cannot defend your position with logic and reason - just like Wilson. You have a very specific behavioral pattern - those are both exquisite examples.

You should take advantage of this lesson to consider other POV's - be open to alternatives - crowning Wilson as the next Jordan looks pretty silly in the rear view now, doesn't it? How many other extreme positions have you taken over the years - only to come around later? I'm not judging you - simply pointing out your behavioral pattern - which you even admitted to. Consider moderation and being open to other ideas in the present rather than extremeism - makes for much more nuanced and enjoyable exchanges.
Messiah complex?

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:38 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wow, I totally rememebr seafreak and specifically that "Wilson is Jordan" convo and how it split the forum - there were posters like me (and I think Michael K was another) who were telling you to pump the breaks and acquire a little more data before annointing any Kings. We thought his ability in the pocket had not been proven - especially since his biggest weapon was the RPO - but you would not listen, wouldn't have any of it. Hands over ears and eyes to any other opinion - It was amusing.

You have a very specific POV on things - you took the exact same positioning on Disney and how they make movies - dismissing what I was telling - despite the fact I literally worked at Disney and know how they put films together and thier business model - and when I asked you questions - you would not answer them - refusal to answer is obviously a tactic used when you cannot defend your position with logic and reason - just like Wilson. You have a very specific behavioral pattern - those are both exquisite examples.

You should take advantage of this lesson to consider other POV's - be open to alternatives - crowning Wilson as the next Jordan looks pretty silly in the rear view now, doesn't it? How many other extreme positions have you taken over the years - only to come around later? I'm not judging you - simply pointing out your behavioral pattern - which you even admitted to. Consider moderation and being open to other ideas in the present rather than extremeism - makes for much more nuanced and enjoyable exchanges.
I don't get sucked into pro sports anymore. There's no lesson from hyperbolic, pot-stirring exclamations about Wilson that I should be more objective in my pro football analysis. The lesson is to stop wasting my time with pro sports, which I have. The only football game I watched all year was the Seahawks playoff loss to the 49ers. I watched maybe six Mariner games last year - I used to watch every game! So, I'm definitely open to new ideas. I quit watching sports. My worldview evolved from liberalism to voluntaryism. And, I realized that the agenda comes before profits!

BTW - I made the last post in the thread Get Woke Go Broke and you never responded. I would be happy to keep the discussion going. This is the type of stuff that really interests me these days. I don't care about who the Seahawks are going to draft or who has the best WAR on the Mariners. :lol:

YT Movie Reviewers Can't See - It's all made bad on purpose!
Final Rant At The YouTube Movie Review Dopes
Last edited by DanielVogelbach on Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:43 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:00 pm
So how do you go from being a Seattle freak to identifying as an overweight professional baseball player? :? :P
Daniel Vogelbach is the Michael Jordan of baseball. :lol:

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:24 am

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:38 pm
auroraave wrote:

I don't get sucked into pro sports anymore. There's no lesson from hyperbolic, pot-stirring exclamations about Wilson that I should be more objective in my pro football analysis. The lesson is to stop wasting my time with pro sports, which I have. The only football game I watched all year was the Seahawks playoff loss to the 49ers. I watched maybe six Mariner games last year - I used to watch every game! So, I'm definitely open to new ideas. I quit watching sports. My worldview evolved from liberalism to voluntaryism. And, I realized that the agenda comes before profits!

BTW - I made the last post in the thread Get Woke Go Broke and you never responded. I would be happy to keep the discussion going. This is the type of stuff that really interests me these days. I don't care about who the Seahawks are going to draft or who has the best WAR on the Mariners. :lol:

YT Movie Reviewers Can't See - It's all made bad on purpose!
Final Rant At The YouTube Movie Review Dopes
To some extent I understand your stance on pro sports.
I love to watch competition and sport but can do with all the brain-washing liberal cult bullshit.
i.e. The Superbowl half-time event will be a Satan worshiping, demonic, ritualistic claim of Evil's dominion over Earth.
Don't give any of your conscious attention to this pile of shit, the networks that carry it, or the demons who own broadcast networks.
Rhianna sold her soul a long time ago.....
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:28 am

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:24 am
To some extent I understand your stance on pro sports.
I love to watch competition and sport but can do with all the brain-washing liberal cult bullshit.
i.e. The Superbowl half-time event will be a Satan worshiping, demonic, ritualistic claim of Evil's dominion over Earth.
Don't give any of your conscious attention to this pile of shit, the networks that carry it, or the demons who own broadcast networks.
Rhianna sold her soul a long time ago.....
Yep. Super Bowl Halftime. Olympics Opening Ceremonies. That's where they break out the black magic. I definitely don't give it any of my energy. I don't even waste time breaking it down. I made a related comment in the Get Woke Go Broke thread. Aurora wanted me to provide him names of who was behind all the satanic bullshit. I don't play the police lineup whodunnit game, nor do I care to learn every nuance of every occult ritual. I think going down those rabbit holes is a waste of time. I just recognize it for what it is, and I move on. But, you know there will be people spending the next two weeks breaking down the occult significance of whatever the heck Rihanna does on Sunday.

Professional sports is the ultimate bread and circuses distraction for the slaves. I'm not entirely anti-sports. I think the games are fun and I will continue to watch. But, there are a lot of negative aspects. The main one is probably just the opportunity cost. We spend so much time watching games and learning all kinds of trivial information about players and teams. The only exception is if you're gambling on the games and there is legitimate ROI. But, for most fans, it's purely an emotional investment / time suck. The endless analysis of sports is like some sort of hypnosis. The games are presented like they are so important, when if fact they are completely meaningless.

Learning all the players, history, and statistics can be seen as just mind clutter and a waste of time. I've woken up to the fact that I have almost zero practical skills. I can't do plumbing, electrical, woodworking, gardening, fishing. This is partially due to how our government school system works. But, the sports are also responsible. Aside from the practical stuff, there are quite a few hobbies I'm interested in that won't progress very far if I'm watching 9 innings daily. Also, what about going for a walk around the block and doing some push ups. Sports fandom has a tendency to create fat, lazy alcoholics. Instead of getting all wrapped up in an NFL game that's probably rigged, I could be learning a foreign language or getting some exercise.

Funny one I learned is "NFL = No Fucking Life"

When your team wins, you don't win shit. They don't send you a check, a ring, or an all expenses paid trip to Jamaica. Even at the height of my fandom, I never used the term "we" when referring to the teams I root for. (Mariners, Seahawks, Supersonics). But, don't get me wrong, I was still super emotionally attached. I was physically ill when the Nuggets beat the Supersonics as well as when RW threw the Super Bowl interception. I think the highest highs I rode were when the Seahawks beat the 49ers on Sherman's tip and when they beat Green Bay with the big comeback. There was also the Griffey's 95 slide, but I was a little younger then and more focused on basketball. At first I was a little sad when feeling my attachment to sports starting to slip away, because sports had become so much of my identity. But, ultimately it's liberating to not give a fuck about sports outcomes and move on with life.

Both sides of the political circus are on full display during sports. NFL has woke themes on the helmets and endzones, but then they also put forth a massive pro nationalism, pro military push. There will be some military aircraft flying over the Super Bowl after the national sing-along is performed. Sports in general are sort of a military pre training. There is an American flag on the corner of the NBA backboard. There is so much flag worship involved. I would prefer the pro sports product a lot more if they got rid of all that stuff and just let you watch the game.

The commercials on TV during the games are so awful. Cars, insurance, beer, pharmaceuticals with side-effect listings, military recruitment, pizza, and Taco Bell. You want to talk about Satanic. Liberty Liberty Liberty. :lol:

I also think the professional sports products have degraded. Baseball was better when the managers argued calls and players smashed into the catcher. All sports were better before instant replay came along. Now, they have automated balls and strikes going into all AAA stadiums for 2023. Seems like the best days for sports are in the past. Cheap tickets, cheap hot dogs, less advertising, less bullshit.

I think a lot of the games are rigged also. Sometimes you have to beat both the other team and the officials.

So, yeah, I limit my time investment.

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:54 am

Do you think this new "balloon"
is maybe just a joke to worry us?
I wouldn't put it past China or
Russia to pull something like that.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:32 am

China figured that Brandon didn't shoot down the first one, so why not send a second?

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:41 am

Since we're talking about the Superbowl this Sunday I thought this was funny concerning the ridiculous commericials....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISBJyhughBo
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass