Times cancelling Dilbert creator Scott Adams

D-train

Re: Times cancelling Dilbert creator Scott Adams

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:43 pm

The phrase "Black Lives Matter" was brilliant. It basically created a position that resulted in any disagreement allowing those in favor to label the objectors as racist.

In reality it was the ultimate insult presuming that people need to be told that Black Lives matter which insinuates that they weren't aware of this prior. F-ing ridiculous race baiting innuendo.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:33 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:43 pm
The phrase "Black Lives Matter" was brilliant. It basically created a position that resulted in any disagreement allowing those in favor to label the objectors as racist.

In reality it was the ultimate insult presuming that people need to be told that Black Lives matter which insinuates that they weren't aware of this prior. F-ing ridiculous race baiting innuendo.
The same could be said about "it's ok to be white," don't you think?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:08 am

Adams fell into a trap, if you really wanted to assess Americans’ views on race, you would avoid terms with strong political associations like “it’s OK to be white,” or “Black Lives Matter.” Rasmussen wanted to stir the pot and Adams fell in it

gil

Post by gil » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:19 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:08 am
Adams fell into a trap, if you really wanted to assess Americans’ views on race, you would avoid terms with strong political associations like “it’s OK to be white,” or “Black Lives Matter.” Rasmussen wanted to stir the pot and Adams fell in it
I think you are right. The Rasmussen question is, at best, designed to see how people react to a loaded phrase, rather than getting at opinions on anything more significant (i.e., is it LITERALLY "ok too be white"?)

That said, I think that Scott Adams was primed to fall; he's been getting nuttier over the years. E.g., from 2020, during the Biden vs Trump campaign, he said this about Biden and Satan:
“So​, if you were Satan, wouldn’t you expect that Satan would speak in terms which are true but misleading?” asked Mr. Adams. “Meaning he will bring you the light, but there’s a catch: ​It’s fire, and it’s burning your stuff. That’s exactly what Satan would say if Satan existed. Now, I’m not saying that Joe Biden is possessed by Satan. I’m just saying it would look exactly like this.”

Mr. Adams subsequently claimed other examples are hidden “in plain sight,” including within one of Mr. Biden’s campaign slogans, “Build Back Better,” and even the candidate’s name.

“If you were going to imagine ‘666’ and you wanted to show it to people and disguise it at the same time, can you think of any letter that the numeral six would fit inside completely? Only capital B,” said Mr. Adams. “Capital B is the only letter that you can put a 6 inside of it and it would be concealed”

“Did you know if you took the capital letter J—just imagine the capital letter J in your mind—now think of the next letter in ‘Joe.’ It’s an O. Now just move in your mind the O to the left until it’s on top of the J. It’s a backward six,” Mr. Adams said later. “Now suppose the next letter is the lowercase E. What does a lowercase E look like if you turn it upside down? Well, it looks like a six.”
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... biden-sat/

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:31 am