Gun Control is About Control, Not About Saving Lives

Cascade Kid

Re: Gun Control is About Control, Not About Saving Lives

Post by Cascade Kid » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:49 am

HB1240 is predicted to get signed on 4/20. Two things are being seen as to the reason for Thursday to be the day. First, there are known itineraries of others in the national political spectrum arriving to Washington State. Second, 4/20 is the anniversary of the Columbine shooting.

Another prediction is also being made, in favor of 2A supporters. Judge Benitez of the 9th district court is sitting on a decision about California's assualt weapons ban. It is assumed that he is waiting for Inslee to sign HB1240, and then Benitez will submit his decision shortly afterward. The reason for this stall by Judge Benitez is so the Dems don't modify the language of their bill after he releases his decision, which I'm sure includes some specific language intended to target HB1240.

So as soon as Commrade Chairpronoun-neutral Inslee signs it, Judge Benitez will submit his decision about an hour later. This will add more fodder to the 2A court filings that will be filed directly after Inslee signs the Bill. One of the filings will be on the State level in Stevens County, and two on the Federal level will be filed (Western and Eastern districts of WA). And I believe one more on the superior court level somewhere in W. WA. An emergency injunction will be requested by the planiffs, and if this is granted it will halt the function of the signed Bill about 3 days after the request.

What a mess this is going to be. And our own dollars will be used against our lawful guaranteed rights in the process. Retribution should come in the way of jail time for these politicians by charging them under US Code Title 18 Section 242.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:52 am

ddraig wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:30 pm
Or get a gun shop to assemble it for you.
Completed uppers and lowers can be assembled in about 5 minutes. Anyone can do it. If you don't have an AR15 I highly recommend buying the completed lower and upper and attaching it. Then mount a red dot or a LPVO optic. You will love plinking with it.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:50 pm

Had to call my Cardigan corgi out of a pond yesterday. You'd think he was a retriever! He was chasing ducks and having a great time! I thought they "banned" lowers and uppers, or at least wanted then serialized.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:09 pm

ddraig wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:50 pm
Had to call my Cardigan corgi out of a pond yesterday. You'd think he was a retriever! He was chasing ducks and having a great time! I thought they "banned" lowers and uppers, or at least wanted then serialized.
Completed uppers and lowers are both serialized. But it is the lower receiver which will prompt a quick background check prior to purchase.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:49 am

Another day, another great video from Colion Noir

-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZptANMoGnhg

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:31 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:09 pm
ddraig wrote:
Completed uppers and lowers are both serialized. But it is the lower receiver which will prompt a quick background check prior to purchase.
I've never seen an upper that had a serial number. I know it isn't required by law because I've built a few of them. I know you know this, but only the lower is required to have a serial number and registered.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:43 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:31 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
ddraig wrote:
I've never seen an upper that had a serial number. I know it isn't required by law because I've built a few of them. I know you know this, but only the lower is required to have a serial number and registered.
Under the new ghost gun law in WA state all parts and pieces require a serial number. This makes it impossible to legally purchase and build your own AR as of about 6 weeks ago. So the only solution, to get an AR without the need for a 10 day wait, is to buy a completed upper and lower that is serialized. Aero Precision serializes, or did, its uppers. However, the lower is what requires a quick background check.

Things change quickly these days :lol:

BTW- The Bill is back in the House to get a quick sign off today and should hit the Gov's desk this afternoon for a signing ceremony on Hitler's birthday tomorrow. So ironic :lol:

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:55 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:43 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:

Under the new ghost gun law in WA state all parts and pieces require a serial number. This makes it impossible to legally purchase and build your own AR as of about 6 weeks ago. So the only solution, to get an AR without the need for a 10 day wait, is to buy a completed upper and lower that is serialized. Aero Precision serializes, or did, its uppers. However, the lower is what requires a quick background check.

BTW- The Bill is back in the House to get a quick sign off today and should hit the Gov's desk this afternoon for a signing ceremony on Hitler's birthday tomorrow. So ironic :lol:
I'd say....go to Idaho to get the upper.
Or Arizona
Or Texas
Or Nevada

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:11 pm

Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:55 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:

Or Arizona
Or Texas
Or Nevada
Be careful there. The importation of items outlined in HB1240 is unlawful. However, you might already have owned items deemed outlawed in HB1240 at your friend's cabin in Idaho and it may be legal for you to bring them back into WA. This is a last minute amendment that State senate added but the House has to pass today before the Gov can sign it tomorrow.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:50 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:11 pm
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:55 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:

Or Arizona
Or Texas
Or Nevada
Be careful there. The importation of items outlined in HB1240 is unlawful. However, you might already have owned items deemed outlawed in HB1240 at your friend's cabin in Idaho and it may be legal for you to bring them back into WA. This is a last minute amendment that State senate added but the House has to pass today before the Gov can sign it tomorrow.
I love the way our Washington Government passes laws they have no way of enforcing.
I.E.: What can they prove?
Cash transactions
Out of state purchases
No receipts

Fucking stupid!!