Calls To Investigate Justice Thomas

gil

Re: Calls To Investigate Justice Thomas

Post by gil » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:45 pm

I think there is zero chance that Thomas is removed. Anyone who think that is a possibility is delusional in my opinion. But ... the financial disclosures that he will just simply "amend"? It's very convenient that the powerful get a do-over when they make mistakes. I wonder if Justice Thomas is so understanding when criminal defendants come before the Supreme Court.

I had to laugh at the "hospitality" exception for reporting gifts. Sure, if I'm a judge and a friend has me over for dinner, or invites me to his cabin for the weekend, no worries: nothing to disclose. But a vacation that involves a private jet to a private report in Indonesia? Come on, you might argue this is legal but is it ethical? What if a "liberal" SCOTUS justice took advantage of that sort of "friendship" with, say, George Soros? Can we say "Drain the swamp"?

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:18 pm

Yes, there is zero chance that the Republican House would do even consider an investigation of Thomas. The political odor of Democrat interest is just too overwhelming. And Congress has already upgraded Judicial ethics standards.

So what is the point of all this ?

What is the point of political smear ?

To silence, immobilize and push to the margins any opposition to the Marxist agenda of 100% command and control of the United States. "Pro Publica" means 'for the public'. But they are anything but.
They are assassins with a poison pen instead of a gun.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:56 pm

Trump said in his speech last night that Justice Thomas is currently "under siege".
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat May 06, 2023 3:29 am

Leave it up to the liberal muckrakers (stench) to "make a mountain out of a mole hill " and then demand that Government blow it up.

Nowhere in all of the wasted ink on this story is there any assertion of :

1) illegal behavior on the part of Justice Thomas
2) any quid pro quo

Its just destruction for destruction sake. What a time in America.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat May 06, 2023 4:17 am

Mel Bradford wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 3:29 am
Leave it up to the liberal muckrakers (stench) to "make a mountain out of a mole hill " and then demand that Government blow it up.

2) any quid pro quo

There hasn't been an assertion of quid pro quo, but this pretty clearly appears to be a SC justice in the pocket of a wealthy Republican donor. Are you really so partisan that you can't see that?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat May 06, 2023 3:32 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:17 am
Mel Bradford wrote:

2) any quid pro quo

There hasn't been an assertion of quid pro quo, but this pretty clearly appears to be a SC justice in the pocket of a wealthy Republican donor. Are you really so partisan that you can't see that?
They all do it!!!
Thomas hasn't done it as much as the others, RBG was horrible at it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

That is taken from this article.
https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2019/0 ... -up-trips/

gil

Post by gil » Sat May 06, 2023 6:02 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 3:32 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
Mel Bradford wrote:

2) any quid pro quo

They all do it!!!

"They all do it" is not much of a defense. I'd like to have a non-partisan, non-biased examination of things like gifting of vacations (which is different from travel to give speeches), paying for the home of a relative, paying for the schooling of a relative, and persons involved in these activities having cases before SCOTUS. Am I referring to Thomas? Yes, but also to anyone else who have any or all of these involvements.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sun May 07, 2023 2:58 pm

Big picture. The Democrat Party (which includes the swamp and its own big money machine) assault on the SC began with the Dobbs leak. (leaked most likely by a liberal justice law clerk) Protest ensued. The 5 conservative Justices have experienced continued harassment for the last year at their homes, vacation destinations, restaurants, any public sighting and include death threats.
Although said protests against Justices are forbidden by law, no arrests have been made by Garland at the DOJ. Organized Physical confrontation against Justices, if only verbal is not protected under the 1st Amendment. It is considered coercion. Not the same as protesting a Congressman or the President.

{ Why does gifting draw scrutiny and attack ? Because its real easy to arouse envy, jealousy and hatred of the "rich", good old marxist class envy, and suggest that because gifts are received said Justice is in the back pocket of said donor....and something "must" be wrong.}

Well, the proof would have to be in the decisions rendered in SC Cases. And that door has not even been opened let alone been proven. The general population does not read the decisions of the Supreme Court. So Justice Thomas would have to write or be party to a Court Opinion that somehow favored a financial or specific political advantage to the donor. If it was there CNN or MSNBC would be all over it.

But this was never about "legal" compromise or Judicial activism. It always (for the past year) been political.
Congress punted moral political arguments to the Court since the 1950's. Dobbs kicked the hornets nest of liberal control and liberal infanticide.....and they have reacted in predictable fashion. Smear, intimidate, use innuendo, lie, apply constant pressure though the press, cause Congress to distance themselves, proposed new regulations, etc....until something gives and the 5 Justices feel the weight of National disgust, no matter how contrived.

What we are watching is the machinations and depravity of tyranny.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun May 07, 2023 3:01 pm

gil wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:02 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 3:32 pm
GL_Storm wrote:

They all do it!!!

"They all do it" is not much of a defense. I'd like to have a non-partisan, non-biased examination of things like gifting of vacations (which is different from travel to give speeches), paying for the home of a relative, paying for the schooling of a relative, and persons involved in these activities having cases before SCOTUS. Am I referring to Thomas? Yes, but also to anyone else who have any or all of these involvements.
I don't care for the "they all do it" either. I just find it interesting that they are picking on Justice Thomas when RBG WAS the worst of them all.

Why wasn't it an issue for the last 30 years? I can tell you why, because they want a 'conservative' judge to retire [or get impeached] so they can change the court. That is all that it's down to.

And if they are going to do that, let's look at all the justices....but then the dem's would be able to select 9 new replacements, and that would make them SO HAPPY!!!