Get woke go broke 2.0

Pharmabro

Re: Get woke go broke 2.0

Post by Pharmabro » Sun May 28, 2023 2:06 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:13 pm
Just filled out an employee survey. Here is my final comment in the space for open ended questions.
Overall working at Biogen has been a fantastic experience. That being said, it should not be presumed that in a company with nearly 10,000 employees all employees are far left liberals. There are surely significant numbers of independents, libertarians and even conservatives. This should be considered when announcing politically divisive positions on controversial subjects so as to not alienate those employees of differing opinions and political leanings.
Well stated, but that is the type of thing that could alert the matrix to your status.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:27 pm

354001078_280856647637585_6001115347111849511_n.jpg
354001078_280856647637585_6001115347111849511_n.jpg (50.86 KiB) Viewed 286 times

gil

Post by gil » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:19 pm

I read that there were a lot of people criticizing the Barbie movie before it came out. I didn't see it, but I read that the criticism was because of there being a trans character and Barbie being a feminist. In other words, the criticism was that the movie was a vehicle for "woke".

Not sure if it mattered at the box office on opening weekend. Thoughts?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:09 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:19 pm
I read that there were a lot of people criticizing the Barbie movie before it came out. I didn't see it, but I read that the criticism was because of there being a trans character and Barbie being a feminist. In other words, the criticism was that the movie was a vehicle for "woke".

Just the amount of the color pink used with barbie, then saying she is a feminist, is laughable. Barbie in general takes every stereotypical ideal from females then say, hey, I am strong feminist....it's just so confusing.

And, I have never met a woman that is so into all the stereotypes that Barbie upholds and is actually a feminist.

gil

Post by gil » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:16 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:09 pm
gil wrote:

Just the amount of the color pink used with barbie, then saying she is a feminist, is laughable. Barbie in general takes every stereotypical ideal from females then say, hey, I am strong feminist....it's just so confusing.

And, I have never met a woman that is so into all the stereotypes that Barbie upholds and is actually a feminist.
Pretty much what I would have thought. I'd say that among the "older" feminists I know, the idea of a Barbie movie just illicits a collective eyeroll.

But ... I ran into AOC's take:
Love how Republican Congressmen are just now hating on Barbie because she’s “too woke” …like hello this was a doll made for little girls who was a DOCTOR and an ASTRONAUT before women in the US were even allowed to have credit cards without their husband’s permission. Of course they’re mad! They want the old days back
https://www.threads.net/@aoc/post/Cu8fH ... FlZA%3D%3D

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:39 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:16 pm
gil wrote:

Pretty much what I would have thought. I'd say that among the "older" feminists I know, the idea of a Barbie movie just illicits a collective eyeroll.

Love how Republican Congressmen are just now hating on Barbie because she’s “too woke” …like hello this was a doll made for little girls who was a DOCTOR and an ASTRONAUT before women in the US were even allowed to have credit cards without their husband’s permission. Of course they’re mad! They want the old days back
Well, AOC is a stark-raving KUNT with all of her ideas/opinions.
[and I know that's misspelled]

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:20 pm

Now Mattel is creating a retarded Barbie, so retarded little girls can play with someone that looks like them.
Or non-retarded girls (please notice I didn't say normal girls) can play with something different.
HOW FUCKING STUPID

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/barbi ... d/1128304/

I say they get the Bud Light treatment.....or nobody purchases this horrible idea.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:10 pm

As I read the link it's about Barbie not being a sequel. What is it you're pissed off about?

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:57 pm

Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:39 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:16 pm

Well, AOC is a stark-raving KUNT with all of her ideas/opinions.
[and I know that's misspelled]
Why misspell it? :lol:

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:10 pm
As I read the link it's about Barbie not being a sequel. What is it you're pissed off about?
It seems like the right is attacking Barbie from all sorts of angles, so it (the movie) is just another political football. Meanwhile the left is defending an adult doll with an impossible body ideal that probably led to thousands of cases of anorexia. What a fucking world.
Attachments
Untitled copy.jpg