Get woke go broke 2.0

D-train

Re: Get woke go broke 2.0

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:42 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:45 pm
The trans stuff blows my mind. As a matter of fact, everything in today's world boggles my mind.

Push the trans agenda hard and keep it at the forefront while the trans population hovers around 0.6%. All of this woke nonsense being shoved down everyones' throats.

Today's world with its misplaced agendas and complete lack of common sense is a perfect example of just how pathetic the human race really is.
I am 55 years old and have NEVER met a trans person in my life. And I lived in places like the U district for several years....
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:42 pm
douche wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:45 pm
The trans stuff blows my mind. As a matter of fact, everything in today's world boggles my mind.

Push the trans agenda hard and keep it at the forefront while the trans population hovers around 0.6%. All of this woke nonsense being shoved down everyones' throats.

Today's world with its misplaced agendas and complete lack of common sense is a perfect example of just how pathetic the human race really is.
I am 55 years old and have NEVER met a trans person in my life. And I lived in places like the U district for several years....
I'm 54 and don't believe I have either.
I've met gays, men.
I've met gays, women.
I've met cross-dressers that were hedro.
I've met cross-dressers that were gay (either way).
All were good people, but this new "trans-shit" just blows my mind.

All I can think of are bull-dykes that believe they are men.

Then there's this weird fad of how someone relates....I feel like a woman today. I feel like a man today. I feel like a lazy dog-kin today....and since these are MY FEELINGS, you must respect them or I will be offended. What about me getting offended by you, you off-kilter self-absorbed piece of shit?

douche

Post by douche » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:19 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:58 pm
What about me getting offended by you, you off-kilter self-absorbed piece of shit?
Therein lies the problem... only one side of the equation is allowed to be offended. Traditional straight white common sense people who work for a living aren't allowed to be offended. Rather, they are often labeled as racists or misogynists. Or xenophobes.

Perhaps the most complicated formula ever known... LGBTQIA+

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:07 pm

I remember same sex marriage blowing minds

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:13 pm

Just filled out an employee survey. Here is my final comment in the space for open ended questions.
Overall working at Biogen has been a fantastic experience. That being said, it should not be presumed that in a company with nearly 10,000 employees all employees are far left liberals. There are surely significant numbers of independents, libertarians and even conservatives. This should be considered when announcing politically divisive positions on controversial subjects so as to not alienate those employees of differing opinions and political leanings.
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:45 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:13 pm
Just filled out an employee survey. Here is my final comment in the space for open ended questions.
Overall working at Biogen has been a fantastic experience. That being said, it should not be presumed that in a company with nearly 10,000 employees all employees are far left liberals. There are surely significant numbers of independents, libertarians and even conservatives. This should be considered when announcing politically divisive positions on controversial subjects so as to not alienate those employees of differing opinions and political leanings.
Fred Hutch is known for internally supporting similar efforts. Efforts of race awareness and having some teams pass along anti-religious official internal messages. Somehow they think they can change how people think and have the right to suppress their beliefs without repercussion. Unfortunately this isn't possible, but it is creating a cancel culture.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:58 pm

Sorry folks, I'm 71 and coached a women's softball team in 1980. We had at least two women on the team that were dating. And you know something, they weren't in everyone's face about it. Frankly, I couldn't have cared less! How's that for being an irascible curmudgeonly conservative? And it certainly doesn't mean I'm against the Budweiser Boycott!

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:03 pm

ddraig wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:58 pm
Sorry folks, I'm 71 and coached a women's softball team in 1980. We had at least two women on the team that were dating. And you know something, they weren't in everyone's face about it. Frankly, I couldn't have cared less! How's that for being an irascible curmudgeonly conservative? And it certainly doesn't mean I'm against the Budweiser Boycott!
I feel the same way 100%. But these days, you MUST celebrate them or you are against them.

What a fucked up world we live in!

douche

Post by douche » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:13 pm
I hope you filled it out anonymously :D

douche

Post by douche » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:21 pm

ddraig wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:58 pm
I agree with your comment in its entirety, but you should never feel obligated to begin a post with, 'Sorry'. Too much apologizing going on these days. As you say, live and let live... but why does it have to be shoved down peoples' throats?

Does anyone here remember the story out of Seattle years ago where an Asian firefighter decided to raise cultural awareness? The Seattle fire department celebrated and encouraged it. But when a Caucasian firefighter attempted the same thing, he was suspended.

No luck finding a link.

Then there's this:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/27-sea ... U3FNAHKVQ/