NI Making Decisions on AI Making Decisions?

Cascade Kid

NI Making Decisions on AI Making Decisions?

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:25 pm

Roughly very 20 years there is a major transformation in mainstream technology. 'Mainstream technology', meaning, taking a technology concept or practice and making it everyday practical on a massive scale.

We are moving into a new massive evolutionary jump called AI. Yes, it's been around, but not quite in the massive scales that will impact nearly everything we do everyday. It is going to challenge our own logic and may become precedent in engineering, scientific, and social outcomes.

June 29, 2007, the last major tech jump, the iPhone revolutionized the smartphone. (not consumer regulated)

In 1995 major web browser players started to come online and started to give the average PC user access to the internet (thanks Al Gore- lol) (not consumer regulated above any prior privacy or contract laws)

In the late 70's home PCs came out giving us pathways into the first gaming consoles and word processors in the home. (not consumer regulated)

In the late 50's, the invention of the microchip and semiconductor transistor that still drives all of our technology today. (not consumer regulated)

In the late 30's, the invention of electronic digital computing using base 2 binary numbers. (not consumer regulated)

So now our NI (natural intellegence) wants to regulate our AI (artificial intellegence). One of the most concerning ideas being proposed is limiting the input into AI. I believe this is placing a limitation on Free Speech by not allowing the work and progress of individuals to publish ideas and opinions. I do think there should be regulations on AI evolving into V.I.K.I (I, Robot reference) on its own, but not on the human knowledge available to us in books, in our meeting halls, or on the internet.

I believe it is important for AI to breath our thoughts more efficiently and lead us to faster idea outcomes, or enable us further to build upon our own ideas.

How do you all feel about adding restrictions to the biggest advancement in mainstream technology in 20 years?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: NI Making Decisions on AI Making Decisions?

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:27 pm

Let is all run-a-mook! If it kills us, we deserve it.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:17 pm

Transhumanism: the belief or theory that the human race can evolve beyond its current physical and mental limitations, especially by means of science and technology.

The Godless make themselves gods. Many will suffer, die and be lost....because man left to his own devices (without submission to God and the higher law) will destroy everything in his path.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon May 01, 2023 10:45 pm

https://banned.video/watch?id=645004a07a505802dbc0c601

Speaking of technology....50 Americans have allowed them to implant computer chips into their brains.
Granted it might advantageous for some with physical disabilities, blindness, ect.
BUT....depression???
What else will they do? / Control? / Download into the brains of human beings?
This is just too weird for me.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue May 02, 2023 1:49 am

The scientist considered the "godfather" of AI, Geoffrey Hinton resigned his position at Google over AI concerns
“The idea that this stuff could actually get smarter than people — a few people believed that,” he said in the interview. “But most people thought it was way off. And I thought it was way off. I thought it was 30 to 50 years or even longer away. Obviously, I no longer think that.”

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue May 02, 2023 5:20 pm

Web Doctor.jpg
Web Doctor.jpg (83.8 KiB) Viewed 251 times

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:22 pm

AI.jpeg
AI.jpeg (98.9 KiB) Viewed 198 times