Tucker gone from Fox and Lemon fired from CNN on same day

D-train

Re: Tucker gone from Fox and Lemon fired from CNN on same day

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:47 am

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:33 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:59 pm
I guess they didn't want to wait around to see if they would have to pay for another $787M settlement.
If that's the narrative the MSM is pushing....I'll believe the opposite.

For Rupert Murdoch to fire his number one cable show guy he had to be under tremendous pressure.
They lost $1B in revenue today.

Two words = "woke shareholders" or "left's plan" or "white supremist" take your pick.
I would be surprised if woke shareholders choose to invest in Fox News. The news was about as bad as the Bud Light controversy for the stock.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fox-stock- ... ings-draw/
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:49 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:54 am
Should be the final nail in the coffin for people on the fence about whether or not mainstream media is there to inform us or just to control what we think.

Firing the #1 newscaster in the country at his peak is madness.

As much as people mock "getting your news from Twitter", it has easily proven to be the most accurate way to filter information for yourself.
Yeah I always laugh at the people worried about "Misinformation" Do they think they are to stupid to discern is something is true or not so they want someone else to do if for them like their parents did when they were 9 years old.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:39 pm

This is really a bizarre situation - and the timing is even moreso. Lemon's firing was a long time coming - he has multiple scandals and getting rid of him was inevitable. Carlson's situation is truly bizarre. I don't watch him but know he is wildly popular and anchors the most watched news program in the country by a wide wide margin. Adding in the whole "settlement" is literally tax deductible - thus not netting Fox an actual loss - makes Carlson's firing even more baffling. If I was to guess, based on the current state of the government in this country, I would imagine they put pressure on FOX to fire him leading up to the next election so there would be virtually no face of resistance anymore to the Dems. Call that crazy, but it makes sense. This gov will do anything to keep a hold on power - this feels like that kind of move. I don't watch Carlson, so I have no big opinion on him, but something stinks here. You don't bench your star player out of the blue. Blaming the "settlement" or "January 6th" coverage simply does not add up. His coverage and ratings are what sponsors want. That is literally your business model. And the timing of both firings on the same day just feels... too convenient. Isn't Bongino also out at Fox? This is disturbing. There needs to be a counter balance to the unhinged CNN/MSNBC's of the world. This is a clear effort to eliminate that and the way this gov is so completely corrupt - this is like a hail mary to keep biden in power so the assault on this country can continue while he and his family are paid off to look the other way.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:05 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:39 pm
This is really a bizarre situation - and the timing is even moreso. Lemon's firing was a long time coming - he has multiple scandals and getting rid of him was inevitable. Carlson's situation is truly bizarre. I don't watch him but know he is wildly popular and anchors the most watched news program in the country by a wide wide margin. Adding in the whole "settlement" is literally tax deductible - thus not netting Fox an actual loss - makes Carlson's firing even more baffling. If I was to guess, based on the current state of the government in this country, I would imagine they put pressure on FOX to fire him leading up to the next election so there would be virtually no face of resistance anymore to the Dems. Call that crazy, but it makes sense. This gov will do anything to keep a hold on power - this feels like that kind of move. I don't watch Carlson, so I have no big opinion on him, but something stinks here. You don't bench your star player out of the blue. Blaming the "settlement" or "January 6th" coverage simply does not add up. His coverage and ratings are what sponsors want. That is literally your business model. And the timing of both firings on the same day just feels... too convenient. Isn't Bongino also out at Fox? This is disturbing. There needs to be a counter balance to the unhinged CNN/MSNBC's of the world. This is a clear effort to eliminate that and the way this gov is so completely corrupt - this is like a hail mary to keep biden in power so the assault on this country can continue while he and his family are paid off to look the other way.
You sir have good insticts. Bill O'Reilly who experienced being fired from FOX :D said that Carlson's crew was preparing for the day's show when they were axed out of the blue. This was a surprise move not planned. Also, there are "several" lawsuits being handed down to the people of FOX. Sacrificing Tucker may have made some of that go away. Hmmm. How convenient. Megan Kelly who also worked under FOX during the Roger Ailes era said that if anyone was guilty of bashing FOX mgmt or fellow staff or even Dominion for that matter it would fall on Jenine Shapiro, Maria Bartelomo, Hannity and others first. Tucker made up with Trump, interviewed him, then interviewed Elon Musk, bashed the Dominion cheat software and got canned. The left has tried to get Tucker for months if not years and the Murdochs haven't budged. Why now?!?! Smells like a big pile of shit to me.

T & T 2024 = Trump & Tucker! Blow it all to Hell tour! :lol:
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

douche

Post by douche » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:14 pm

"The more you tell the truth, the stronger you become. And of course, the opposite is true. The more you lie, the weaker and more terrified you become. You lie about something and all of a sudden, you are a prisoner of that lie. You are diminished by it."

And so goes the country...

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:21 pm

So, the question is....:

Who's going to holding Carlson back now?

The way he reported with is 2.8 million viewers, I cannot believe that he reported as a "no holds barred" type of person. I can almost guarantee you that Fox held him back...maybe 10%, 15%, 20%.

Are we ready for some scorched earth?
-should/could be fun-

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALsDBHVhOG4

If this is true....disgusting.
Also, the man makes some bank! $20M/year.
They'll have to pay him out now.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:49 am
bpj wrote:
Should be the final nail in the coffin for people on the fence about whether or not mainstream media is there to inform us or just to control what we think.

As much as people mock "getting your news from Twitter", it has easily proven to be the most accurate way to filter information for yourself.
Yeah I always laugh at the people worried about "Misinformation" Do they think they are to stupid to discern is something is true or not so they want someone else to do if for them like their parents did when they were 9 years old.
The problem is that a lot of America is that stupid. How many people believed the Russian collusion?
And any other bullshit story that was anti-Trump on MSN and CNN.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:14 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:22 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:49 am
bpj wrote:

The problem is that a lot of America is that stupid. How many people believed the Russian collusion?
And any other bullshit story that was anti-Trump on MSN and CNN.
I find it pretty interesting that many left wingers tend to think that the other side is only watching FoxNews and therefore "that is all they know about" (that is almost a direct quote from one of my friends). Meanwhile, many right wingers tend to think that the other side is only watching CNN and MSNBC, and therefore they are brainwashed.

I tend to think that many people have already "chosen their side," and their viewing/reading habits follow -- to confirm and support what they already believe (i.e., looking for confirming evidence, consistent with "motivated reasoning").

Connecting this to the Tucker firing ... one of the big pieces of evidence Dominion was planning to use against Fox (to prove "actual malice") was Tucker Carlson writing in emails that, despite the knowing that 2020 election claims about Dominion were not true, Fox had to keep broadcasting these fans claims about Dominion in order to keep its viewership and market share. That is, he was implying that Fox viewers already knew what "news" they wanted to see, and if Fox wouldn't provide it, then a lot of these viewers would bail and head over to places like Newsmax and OANN.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:22 pm

Carlson gets carried away sometimes, but is it safe to say that he was fired for simply stating the truth? For the most part, I see and hear a guy who speaks common sense and questions what is going on. I think he became a threat to the establishment. Someone didn't like the size of his soapbox.