Re: Tucker gone from Fox and Lemon fired from CNN on same day

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:48 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:14 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:22 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:49 am

Yeah I always laugh at the people worried about "Misinformation" Do they think they are to stupid to discern is something is true or not so they want someone else to do if for them like their parents did when they were 9 years old.
The problem is that a lot of America is that stupid. How many people believed the Russian collusion?
And any other bullshit story that was anti-Trump on MSN and CNN.
I find it pretty interesting that many left wingers tend to think that the other side is only watching FoxNews and therefore "that is all they know about" (that is almost a direct quote from one of my friends). Meanwhile, many right wingers tend to think that the other side is only watching CNN and MSNBC, and therefore they are brainwashed.

I tend to think that many people have already "chosen their side," and their viewing/reading habits follow -- to confirm and support what they already believe (i.e., looking for confirming evidence, consistent with "motivated reasoning").

Connecting this to the Tucker firing ... one of the big pieces of evidence Dominion was planning to use against Fox (to prove "actual malice") was Tucker Carlson writing in emails that, despite the knowing that 2020 election claims about Dominion were not true, Fox had to keep broadcasting these fans claims about Dominion in order to keep its viewership and market share. That is, he was implying that Fox viewers already knew what "news" they wanted to see, and if Fox wouldn't provide it, then a lot of these viewers would bail and head over to places like Newsmax and OANN.
Believe me, I hate Fox. I'm a free thinker and judge stories on their own merit.
Example; Fox had a story about the New York judge that is in charge of the Trump trial (currently). The headline points out that this judge has given [a lot] of money to Biden campaign. In the story, they admit that it was under $100.
*I do understand that it's all about the clicks*

As for MSN and CNN and the other MSM, they would lead with false stories about Trump every day (for 5.5 years).
[everyone should join in]
Trump quotes:
Mexico only send us their rapists and crooks
You have to grab them by their pussies
We should inject bleach into us to cure Covid

Other stories:
Trump likes to be pissed on my hookers
He colluded with Russia (this one is still raw because it was Hillary and the MSM NEVER had a single story about it)
He was trying to railroad the Biden campaign through Ukraine (the phone call)
Trump never won the election, there was obviously voter fraud
Trump paid off Stormy Daniels...who cares, that's not illegal but the MSM makes people believe it is
Trump is a racist, which once again, isn't illegal, but in this case, he isn't
Trump took and hid top secret information and refused to let the archives take it

The list goes on and on and on, but the bottom line is that the MSM (including Fox) truly believe that we are all a bunch of idiots.

The difference between the Trump press and the Biden press is that when Biden shows himself, he truly seems like a feeble, senile old man that doesn't have the slightest idea what he is doing. All you have to do is look at the difference in reporting between the two. How opposite the stories were in regards to the top secret documents they both had. The thing that I am interested in knowing is what Hunter did with the documents that Biden shouldn't have ever had to begin with.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:27 pm

Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:48 pm
The list goes on and on and on, but the bottom line is that the MSM (including Fox) truly believe that we are all a bunch of idiots.
This stuff only bothers people with brains. The majority of the population are too lazy to care or are drinking the kool-aid. Or both. Coupled with the usual distractions (phones, video games, social media, etc.).

douche

Post by douche » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:29 pm

He's obviously a threat to the establishment on some level.

Tucker had this to say in the wake of leaving FOX:

“One of the first things you realize when you step outside the noise for a few days is how many genuinely nice people there are in this country,” Carlson started. “Kind and decent people, people who really care about what’s true. And a bunch of hilarious people, also. A lot of those. It’s gotta be the majority of the population, even now. So that’s heartening.”

He continued, “The other thing you notice when you take a little time off is how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are. They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years, we won’t even remember that we had them. Trust me, as someone who has participated. And then at the same time, and this is the amazing thing, the undeniably big topics, the ones that will define our future, get virtually no discussion at all. War. Civil liberties. Emerging science. Demographic change. Corporate power. Natural resources. When was the last time you heard a legitimate debate about any of those issues? It’s been a long time. Debates like that are not permitted in American media.

Both political parties, and their donors, have reached consensus on what benefits them, and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it. Suddenly, the United States looks very much like a one-party state. That’s a depressing realization, but it’s not permanent. Our current orthodoxies won’t last. They’re brain dead. Nobody actually believes them. Hardly anyone’s life is improved by them. This moment is too inherently ridiculous to continue. And so it won’t,” Carlson said. “The people in charge know this; that’s why they’re hysterical and aggressive. They’re afraid. They’ve given up persuasion, they’re resorting to force. But it won’t work. When honest people say what’s true, calmly and without embarrassment, they become powerful. At the same time, the liars, who have been trying to silence them, shrink and they become weaker. That’s the iron law of the universe. True things prevail. Where can you still find Americans saying true things? There aren’t many places left, but there are some. And that’s enough. As long as you can hear the words, there is hope. See you soon.”

True words.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:35 pm

Thanks for posting Carlson comments/ insights, Douche

I think he was referring to Marinertalk :

"True things prevail. Where can you still find Americans saying true things? There aren’t many places left, but there are some"

douche

Post by douche » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:11 am

:lol:

343119800_1541837696222437_9104816030327770585_n.jpg
343119800_1541837696222437_9104816030327770585_n.jpg (37.3 KiB) Viewed 342 times

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:10 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:14 pm
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:22 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:49 am

Yeah I always laugh at the people worried about "Misinformation" Do they think they are to stupid to discern is something is true or not so they want someone else to do if for them like their parents did when they were 9 years old.
The problem is that a lot of America is that stupid. How many people believed the Russian collusion?
And any other bullshit story that was anti-Trump on MSN and CNN.
I find it pretty interesting that many left wingers tend to think that the other side is only watching FoxNews and therefore "that is all they know about" (that is almost a direct quote from one of my friends). Meanwhile, many right wingers tend to think that the other side is only watching CNN and MSNBC, and therefore they are brainwashed.

I tend to think that many people have already "chosen their side," and their viewing/reading habits follow -- to confirm and support what they already believe (i.e., looking for confirming evidence, consistent with "motivated reasoning").

Connecting this to the Tucker firing ... one of the big pieces of evidence Dominion was planning to use against Fox (to prove "actual malice") was Tucker Carlson writing in emails that, despite the knowing that 2020 election claims about Dominion were not true, Fox had to keep broadcasting these fans claims about Dominion in order to keep its viewership and market share. That is, he was implying that Fox viewers already knew what "news" they wanted to see, and if Fox wouldn't provide it, then a lot of these viewers would bail and head over to places like Newsmax and OANN.
You, and most everyone else, are missing where people get their "politics" from....it is from your schools. Schools do not focus on truth, they focus on feelings and identities.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:13 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:10 pm
You, and most everyone else, are missing where people get their "politics" from....it is from your schools. Schools do not focus on truth, they focus on feelings and identities.
Schools introduce a lot of liberal ideals based on emotion. But, it's calculated. They want to groom the conservative camp also. The main goal of the schools is to indoctrinate everyone into the religion of statism.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed May 10, 2023 12:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck6Q2xJqsQ4

Looks like Tucker is taking his rodeo to Twitter with free reign under Elon Musk?!?!

Let's see how free and truthful it really becomes.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass