Whoa! Could WA finally have a Republican Governor again??

D-train

Whoa! Could WA finally have a Republican Governor again??

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:57 pm

dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Whoa! Could WA finally have a Republican Governor again??

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:52 pm

If it's that close come election day they'll just steal it (again).

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:45 pm

The 26% of undecided are undecided on whether they should vote Democrat or Mickey Mouse. Come election day they'll vote blue. Everyone West of Cle Elum always does.

Sorry, that's not fair. The overwhelming majority on that side do, and yet again, that will be all that matters. There are three counties that vote Blue by a wide majority, and it almost removes the need for the rest of the State to even vote.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:35 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:45 pm
The 26% of undecided are undecided on whether they should vote Democrat or Mickey Mouse. Come election day they'll vote blue. Everyone West of Cle Elum always does.

Sorry, that's not fair. The overwhelming majority on that side do, and yet again, that will be all that matters. There are three counties that vote Blue by a wide majority, and it almost removes the need for the rest of the State to even vote.
You are probably right but I have NEVER seen a Republican leading in the polls any time after the internet was invented...
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:31 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:52 pm
If it's that close come election day they'll just steal it (again).
They did it with Gregoire over Rossi and that is now the model for Dims nation wide. Still, if it's already 4% up for Rossi, without cheating it's gonna be very difficult for them to pull it out for Ferguson without cheating.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:08 pm

The only chance Reichert has is for the voter turnout among hardline Democrats to be low and for a significant portion of those currently undecided to vote red. If it is close enough to merit a recount, it will go to Ferguson.

gil

Post by gil » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:20 pm

I think Reichert has a good chance ... if he gets the Republican nomination. He may not be far right enough for some of the Republicans in this state. (Remembering that the last nominee for Governor was Loren Culp -- who still hasn't conceded that he lost in 2020.) I've said before that Washington Republicans keep self-destructing by having candidates like Culp. Reichert is much more reasonable and I think he would get the vote of many true independents plus voters who simply think it's time to give someone other than a Democrat a go at it -- especially if Reichert espouses middle of road positions and stays away from "election denialism" and some of the other excesses or the far right.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:08 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:20 pm
I think Reichert has a good chance ... if he gets the Republican nomination. He may not be far right enough for some of the Republicans in this state. (Remembering that the last nominee for Governor was Loren Culp -- who still hasn't conceded that he lost in 2020.) I've said before that Washington Republicans keep self-destructing by having candidates like Culp. Reichert is much more reasonable and I think he would get the vote of many true independents plus voters who simply think it's time to give someone other than a Democrat a go at it -- especially if Reichert espouses middle of road positions and stays away from "election denialism" and some of the other excesses or the far right.
Guessing he is smart enough not to deny the election if he wins. lol
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:08 pm
gil wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:20 pm
Guessing he is smart enough not to deny the election if he wins. lol
Am I correct in remembering this: Trump was asked in one of the 2016 debates if he'd accept the results of that election. His reply was in effect "Only if I win." I think that is the playbook, start to finish.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:19 am

Election denialism an excess of the far right? You seem to have forgotten about Hillary supporters in 2016 and Gore supporters in 2000.