OT: Toby Keith dies at 62.

ddraig

OT: Toby Keith dies at 62.

Post by ddraig » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:37 pm

Toby Keith had an aggressive form of stomach cancer and when he stopped performing he knew it was only a matter of time. If you remember, he had a rather public feud with who were then known as The Dixie Chicks. The Chicks were riding high in popularity but cane out publicly against W's "War Against Terrorism." Keith faced off with them and the ladies were forced to change their name primarily because their audience of Country Western fans didn't like what was perceived as Anti-American after what happened on 9/11. Keith came out ahead and since then was considered by many as a patriot. Honestly, I liked his music and my 11-year-old daughter idolized the Chicks. Haven't heard much of the ladies since 2001, but Keith's songs were played continually. I kinda miss his brash, country boy persona now.

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: OT: Toby Keith dies at 62.

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:55 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:37 pm
Toby Keith had an aggressive form of stomach cancer and when he stopped performing he knew it was only a matter of time. If you remember, he had a rather public feud with who were then known as The Dixie Chicks. The Chicks were riding high in popularity but cane out publicly against W's "War Against Terrorism." Keith faced off with them and the ladies were forced to change their name primarily because their audience of Country Western fans didn't like what was perceived as Anti-American after what happened on 9/11. Keith came out ahead and since then was considered by many as a patriot. Honestly, I liked his music and my 11-year-old daughter idolized the Chicks. Haven't heard much of the ladies since 2001, but Keith's songs were played continually. I kinda miss his brash, country boy persona now.
He was a genuine nice guy. My wife met him at Clint Eastwood’s party about 5 months ago and he looked terrible then but he sang and Julie said it was awesome

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:18 am

I'd like to offer this in tribute to and in remembrance of the great Tobias Keith...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hbTJOmn0B4M

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:40 pm

dt