Official call to remove Biden from office

ddraig

Re: Official call to remove Biden from office

Post by ddraig » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:15 am

douche wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:00 pm
Treason or not, nothing ever comes of this stuff because nothing is considered criminal under the guise of politics. :roll:

The game is rigged beyond belief.
You do make a good point, however impeachment has nothing to do with "crimes", per se. Yes, they do mention "High Crimes and misdemeanors" but nothing specific is mentioned. Still, nothing will come of this. I would be more than surprised if Mayorkas were found guilty and removed from office.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:48 pm

ddraig wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:11 am
That is why they are beginning to think Michelle could just walk in and save the day! Her only mistake would be to name her husband as VP. As the article said, she can run things like Biden is, without the gaffs and "missteps'." Barak can run things and a do nothing Veep wouldn't mind. A perfect candidate for VP would be AOC!
Michelle has stated she has no interest in politics. She might have an it factor but not a political one
“I’ve never expressed any interest in politics. Ever,” admits Michelle. “I mean, I agreed to support my husband. He wanted to do it, and he was great at it. But at no point have I ever said, ‘I think I want to run.’ Ever. So, I’m just wondering: Does what I want have anything to do with anything? Does who I choose to be have anything to do with it?”

She continues: “Politics is hard. And the people who get into it — it’s just like marriage, it’s just like kids — you’ve got to want it. It’s got to be in your soul, because it is so important. It is not in my soul. Service is in my soul. Helping people is in my soul. Working with kids? I will spend my lifetime trying to make kids feel seen and find their light. That I will do. I don’t have to hold office to do that. In fact, I think I’m actually more effective outside of politics, because sadly, politics has become so divided. The minute you declare a party, you’ve alienated the other half of the country. Now, maybe some people who don’t agree with me politically can still gain some tools that can help them. Maybe I can help a kid who’s a Republican, because maybe they’ll listen to me.”
“I think I have as much of a chance of dancing in the Bolshoi Ballet in 2020 as the likelihood of her running for office,” says David Axelrod, President Barack Obama’s former chief strategist.

Oh, and in case that's not clear enough: "I’ll say it here directly: I have no intention of running for office, ever," she writes in her new memoir, "Becoming," released this Tuesday.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:19 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:00 pm
gil wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:15 pm
There are people on the right who think that someone in the Biden admin should be getting a bullet in the head, without due process. There are people on the left who assume Trump is guilty, without due process. I'm neither. If you think I am, you are incorrect.
Sounds like a big strawman. Nobody said without due process.

But the evidence is pretty obvious. Do you think this is incorrect:

Screenshot_20240215_062356_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240215_075859_DuckDuckGo.jpg
You're going to to charge Biden with treason for defending the authority of the federal government. Immigration is a federal responsibility, they're suing on constitutional grounds. It will be decided in the court, probably the supreme court. Nothing about filing a lawsuit is treasonous. Let's see what happens, I'll bet it gets tossed
Last edited by Donn Beach on Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:27 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:19 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:00 pm
gil wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:15 pm
There are people on the right who think that someone in the Biden admin should be getting a bullet in the head, without due process. There are people on the left who assume Trump is guilty, without due process. I'm neither. If you think I am, you are incorrect.
Sounds like a big strawman. Nobody said without due process.

But the evidence is pretty obvious. Do you think this is incorrect:

Screenshot_20240215_062356_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240215_075859_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Immigration is a federal authority, they're suing on constitutional grounds. Nothing about that is treasonous. Seems silly to me to claim it's treason against the nation when it's the state of Texas in question.
Biden's threatening to release more of the illegals they have detained unless they pass the Ukraine/Israel aid package.

Seems silly to me to defend him.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:35 pm

Don't believe I am defending him. I'm questioning calling filing a lawsuit treason, is that hyperbole?

Are you referring to the immigration Ukraine bill? Tying stuff together is done all the time by both sides of the isle.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:47 pm

Seems like an odd coupling, a pair of difficult deals. Haven't followed it. See the republicans have tied the two together
But the negotiations hinge on Republicans’ efforts to substantially overhaul the US immigration system. Republicans, who control the House of Representatives, say they will not approve more funding for Ukraine without significant concessions on border security.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:19 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:47 pm
Seems like an odd coupling, a pair of difficult deals. Haven't followed it. See the republicans have tied the two together
But the negotiations hinge on Republicans’ efforts to substantially overhaul the US immigration system. Republicans, who control the House of Representatives, say they will not approve more funding for Ukraine without significant concessions on border security.
Its called negotiation and politics...
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:34 pm

Yeah was going to call it horse trading. It's used to at times to oppose presidents, make it difficult to veto a bill, lose something they want

gil

Post by gil » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:55 pm

I haven't followed this "horse trading" or politics/negotiation in detail, so can anyone explain? It seemed that Democrats were fine with aid to Ukraine and Israel and Taiwan, but Republicans wanted border security added. So what I read was that the Biden administration agreed that it would sign the whole package (foreign aid plus border security). That was step 1. Apparently it was the result of a lot of negotiations between senate Rs and Ds.

Step 2: former Pres Trump said he didn't want a border security deal. So step 1 resulted in nothing.

Step 3: The senate passed the foreign aid package, stripped of border security.

Step 4: Speaker of the House Johnson said he won't be bringing the senate bill to a vote. (It would win in the HOuse if just a few Republicans side with all Democrats.) Speaker Johnson said he wants border security included.

It seems like a majority want the whole package. A minority don't want aid to Ukraine. A minority don't want aid to Israel (I think it is a very small minority of elected officials who take this position publicly). Everyone wants border security. Trump allegedly doesn't want a border deal that Biden can take credit for.

What's next?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:59 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:34 pm
Yeah was going to call it horse trading. It's used to at times to oppose presidents, make it difficult to veto a bill, lose something they want
Here is the best Horse trading scene of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpRxj0QwgjY
dt