Trump's short list revealed

D-train

Re: Trump's short list revealed

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:16 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:04 pm
A provider could be held liable for accidentally destroying them
Goes back to what I said about common sense....
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:50 pm

Who's common sense? You want the labs to deal with it with common sense? If common sense tells you that's where life begins then laboratories are going to be shy about dealing with it as a human being.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:51 pm

They are trying to create a human, if they fail they OBVIOUSLY shouldn't be held liable for it. Just Morons trying to exploit an irrelevant technicality for political reasons. You want to ban abortion then you can't have IVF for either. Complete BS argument.

Like the people that didn't want to legalize pot because of the slippery slope argument that it would lead to heroin and crack being available for sale at student stores.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:31 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:51 pm
They are trying to create a human, if they fail they OBVIOUSLY shouldn't be held liable for it. Just Morons trying to exploit an irrelevant technicality for political reasons. You want to ban abortion then you can't have IVF for either. Complete BS argument.

Like the people that didn't want to legalize pot because of the slippery slope argument that it would lead to heroin and crack being available for sale at student stores.
Good analogy.

I'm reading stories of IVF clinics in Alabama planning to reduce services, although that might be over-dramatic political posturing ... I don't know. Meanwhile, Trump says he support IVF, and the Alabama Attorney General said he doesn't plan to prosecute IVF providers or patients. But still, an Alabama legislator wants to pass a bill to codify this.

gil

Post by gil » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:35 pm

DeSantis said he didn't want to be VP. He also said that he things Trump is basing his choice on identify politics. "I have heard that they’re looking more in identity politics. I think that’s a mistake. I think you should just focus on who the best person for the job would be, and then do that accordingly.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna139859

DeSantis is the only white male on the list from Trump.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:51 pm

You think we're talking hypothetical? It's not someone arguing what might happen, It's Alabama law. Agreed it has to do with morons. They will probably fix it
The ruling came in a wrongful death lawsuit brought by couples whose frozen embryos were destroyed in an accident at a fertility clinic in Mobile, Ala. The court agreed with the couples that the embryos were protected under the state's Wrongful Death of a Minor Act. Legal and reproductive medicine experts say the ruling raises the risks and costs of IVF for both patients and medical practitioners.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:45 pm

gil wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:35 pm
DeSantis said he didn't want to be VP. He also said that he things Trump is basing his choice on identify politics. "I have heard that they’re looking more in identity politics. I think that’s a mistake. I think you should just focus on who the best person for the job would be, and then do that accordingly.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna139859

DeSantis is the only white male on the list from Trump.
As Trump said, the most important criteria is if they can handle being president. imo The second most important is to Broaden your base. DeSantis could be a good Potus but he doesn't broaden the base. I think Noem could do both. Yeah it is because she is a woman but she is also qualified being a Governor.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:50 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:17 pm

I had a hilarious thought driving around today. Say Trump picks Noem and wins. Would be hysterical if they made a huge deal about her being the very first ever White Female VP. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

gil

Post by gil » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:17 pm
I had a hilarious thought driving around today. Say Trump picks Noem and wins. Would be hysterical if they made a huge deal about her being the very first ever White Female VP. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
White women are 0-1 as presidential candidates for a major party and 0-2 as VP candidates for a major party (I think I got that right). If there is a victory for a white woman, they should milk to for all possible PR. ;)