The Yale Band and student debt forgiveness

D-train

The Yale Band and student debt forgiveness

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:46 pm

So it seems the Yale Band is likely the only one of the 68 schools that made the tourney that wasn't able to support their team courtside during their opening game of this season's March Madness tourney. It was originally a feel good story because the Idaho band pretending to be the Yale band but it got me thinking. Why in the Hell could Yale with its $40B endowment not afford to send it band to that game??? I posted about it on X and got over 200 likes. But the bigger question is, how about these mega wealthy Ivy league and other Elitist institutions pay off the debt instead of the ordinary tax payer?????? :?: :?: :?: :idea: :idea: :idea: :shock: :shock: :shock:
dt

D-train

Re: The Yale Band and student debt forgiveness

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:48 pm

btw Yale only has about 6500 students so that endowment is the equivalent of $6.1M per student....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:16 pm

Student debt is $1.6T and the total endowments of all universities is about $900B a little over half of that. Seems that a tax on those endowments would go along way to bring it down. NFW Yale needs $41B in the bank to pay a bunch of over paid blowhard lib elitist Profs...
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:57 pm

i cant anything that gives a reason why they didnt attend, did you see something that sais ir was budget?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:32 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:57 pm
i cant anything that gives a reason why they didnt attend, did you see something that sais ir was budget?
Do you think if you asked the School band if they wanted to travel across country to support their team in a March Madness once in lifetime experience they would have declined? I couldn't find the reason either but that has to be it. Guessing the athletic department has a small budget due to lack of revenues but you would think they would have made and exception given Yale isn't exactly a tourney mainstay. 4 times this century that have made it.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:39 am

Similar thing happened in 2022. They didn't attend the NCAA tournament in Milwaukee. A highschool band took their place that time. The reason being it was spring break. Believe it was the same dates as the tournament in Spokane. So it would be spring break again.

The marching band is in the music department and is supported by an endowment which I'm going to guess is pretty fat. The band is considered a scatter band, that is it doesn't aim for precision, it's known for its pranks.
FOX6 News was told Yale is on spring break right now. Many of the members of the marching band had already made plans to be elsewhere – and they couldn't make it to Milwaukee.
https://www.fox6now.com/news/marching-b ... dents-yale
Attachments
440px-Yale_Precision_Marching_Band_wearing_chef_hats.jpg
440px-Yale_Precision_Marching_Band_wearing_chef_hats.jpg (68.69 KiB) Viewed 278 times

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:49 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:39 am
Similar thing happened in 2022. They didn't attend the NCAA tournament in Milwaukee. A highschool band took their place that time. The reason being it was spring break. Believe it was the same dates as the tournament in Spokane. So it would be spring break again.

The marching band is in the music department and is supported by an endowment which I'm going to guess is pretty fat. The band is considered a scatter band, that is it doesn't aim for precision, it's known for its pranks.
FOX6 News was told Yale is on spring break right now. Many of the members of the marching band had already made plans to be elsewhere – and they couldn't make it to Milwaukee.
Good find. So they didn't think there was any chance that their 23-9 basketball team that just beat Auburn in the first round would win the Ivy league tourney? Sounds like they need a new band....
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:49 am
Donn Beach wrote:

Good find. So they didn't think there was any chance that their 23-9 basketball team that just beat Auburn in the first round would win the Ivy league tourney? Sounds like they need a new band....
If you go to Yale, I'm not sure you've spent much time thinking about sports.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:30 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:13 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:49 am
Donn Beach wrote:

If you go to Yale, I'm not sure you've spent much time thinking about sports.
Agree re: most students but the Band literally exists to play at sporting events.
dt