Anti-Israel Protesters Block Golden Gate Bridge

maoling

Anti-Israel Protesters Block Golden Gate Bridge

Post by maoling » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:04 pm

These clowns. I can't believe the cops are supposed to just stand there and let them do this. They should drag them all out by the hair or throw them over the side. This is ridiculous.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bay-a ... r-BB1lESAt

D-train

Re: Anti-Israel Protesters Block Golden Gate Bridge

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:00 pm

dt

gil

Post by gil » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:45 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:00 pm
I've always felt the same way, but it sure seems that a lot of people get involve in blocking highways to bring attention to their cause. In the US it seems like it's mostly leftists, but in Canada and France there were right-wing anti-government protests in the last few years that involved blocking highways. In my opinion, the right to free speech does not cover preventing access to a public facility like the Golden Gate Bridge or I-5 in Seattle.

I wish there were a way that all the protesters could be rounded up (with no injuries to anyone, including the police of course) and all the cases swiftly tried (at no expense to the public). I guess I'm being idealistic again.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:04 pm

dt

gil

Post by gil » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:12 pm

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 pm

My view on this matter has already been completely expressed in the opening. And there is nothing I can say to improve upon that. I yield back my time to the chair.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:04 pm
"a society being obliterated". Another American idiot who would have been a "good German" in the 1930's.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:32 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:45 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:00 pm
I've always felt the same way, but it sure seems that a lot of people get involve in blocking highways to bring attention to their cause. In the US it seems like it's mostly leftists, but in Canada and France there were right-wing anti-government protests in the last few years that involved blocking highways. In my opinion, the right to free speech does not cover preventing access to a public facility like the Golden Gate Bridge or I-5 in Seattle.

I wish there were a way that all the protesters could be rounded up (with no injuries to anyone, including the police of course) and all the cases swiftly tried (at no expense to the public). I guess I'm being idealistic again.
You're right, it has nothing to do with Free Speech. But that other little item in the First Amendment is the kicker.....
Assembly!!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

But I understand your intent.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:45 pm

Blocking a bridge in which people cannot turn around and are thus trapped for hours is not PEACEFUL assembly. It is a form of Hostage taking and should be illegal with significant criminal penalties.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:10 pm

I5 was blocked during the vietnam war protests. I brought it up before since I participated. The same sorts of criticism was leveled then. Protesting should be held in such a way that doesn't conflict with others having a happy peaceful day. But ultimately that's not what protesting is about. It's about shutting down a freeway, setting off a bomb or invading a government facility. Its about pissing people off, getting their attention, demanding it.