Democratic National Convention

maoling

Democratic National Convention

Post by maoling » Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:59 pm

DNC begins tonight in Chicago. They are expecting violence and 100,000 anti-Israel protestors shouting, “Genocide Joe” and “Killer Kamala Go Back Home."

Hmmm, that doesn’t quite jibe with the message of Joy and Unity that the Dems and media are shoving down our throats.

Disgusting, disingenuous and disgraceful, as usual. If the Dems weren't lying about something, they would have no talking points at all. That explains why the cock-gobbler that is Kamala hasn't bothered to sit down for an interview or hold a press conference since being handed the top of the ticket without a vote. She is a gutless coward and political hack, just like FJB.

gil

Re: Democratic National Convention

Post by gil » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:09 pm

maoling wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:59 pm
DNC begins tonight in Chicago. They are expecting violence and 100,000 anti-Israel protestors shouting, “Genocide Joe” and “Killer Kamala Go Back Home."

Hmmm, that doesn’t quite jibe with the message of Joy and Unity that the Dems and media are shoving down our throats.

Disgusting, disingenuous and disgraceful, as usual. If the Dems weren't lying about something, they would have no talking points at all. That explains why the cock-gobbler that is Kamala hasn't bothered to sit down for an interview or hold a press conference since being handed the top of the ticket without a vote. She is a gutless coward and political hack, just like FJB.
Israel/Palestine is a HUGE fracture within the Democrats and their potential supporters. I suspect we will see something on the convention floor this week as well.

The past 8 weeks or so have been an amazing time with huge game changers (i.e., the debate, the assassination attempt, Vance as VP pick, Biden stepping aside, Walz as VP pick). Something tells me we are not done with game changers before the November election.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:20 pm

Still almost 3 months away. A lifetime in Politics...
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:05 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:09 pm
maoling wrote:

Israel/Palestine is a HUGE fracture within the Democrats and their potential supporters. I suspect we will see something on the convention floor this week as well.

The past 8 weeks or so have been an amazing time with huge game changers (i.e., the debate, the assassination attempt, Vance as VP pick, Biden stepping aside, Walz as VP pick). Something tells me we are not done with game changers before the November election.
I agree with all that except for "Biden stepping aside," which implies he nobly and gracefully made the decision to not run. In reality, he was forced out of a nomination that he had rightfully earned in what amounted to a silent coup by corrupt and deceitful Democrat leaders like Obama, Nasty Nancy, two-faced Chuck Schumer and the rest of his power-mad party.

All this to gift-wrap the nomination for a brainless piece of shit who doesn't even have the decency to answer to the press or to the American public.

He didn't step aside. All reports are that he is bitter and pissed that he was kicked out. No spin, please.

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:58 pm

I'm guessing this has a part in Biden getting steamrolled-

gil

Post by gil » Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:15 pm

maoling wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:05 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:09 pm
maoling wrote:

I agree with all that except for "Biden stepping aside," which implies he nobly and gracefully made the decision to not run. In reality, he was forced out of a nomination that he had rightfully earned in what amounted to a silent coup by corrupt and deceitful Democrat leaders like Obama, Nasty Nancy, two-faced Chuck Schumer and the rest of his power-mad party.

All this to gift-wrap the nomination for a brainless piece of shit who doesn't even have the decency to answer to the press or to the American public.

He didn't step aside. All reports are that he is bitter and pissed that he was kicked out. No spin, please.
I see your point. Although I'm inclined to think of it more as "place intrigue" rather than a coup. Point still remains that it was one major event in the past two months and I wonder if we will have others, and how many, before Election Day.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:14 pm

What bothers me the most about this is that Harris was just given Biden's delegates without earning them. Basically, she just slid into place with not debate or discussion of what the 4-5 candidates stood for on the important issues.

Basically, I am pissed that the Democrat party didn't follow their protocol of tearing one another up to earn the delegates and in the process, letting the American Peoples know where they stand on the the important issues.
:cry:

gil

Post by gil » Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:47 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:14 pm
What bothers me the most about this is that Harris was just given Biden's delegates without earning them. Basically, she just slid into place with not debate or discussion of what the 4-5 candidates stood for on the important issues.

Basically, I am pissed that the Democrat party didn't follow their protocol of tearing one another up to earn the delegates and in the process, letting the American Peoples know where they stand on the the important issues.
Yes. She also got all the money Biden had raised. How a party chooses its nominee is its own business, as far as I know, i.e., the Democratic National Committee (or whatever organization) gets to set the rules, interpret them, react if something unexpected happens. The money, however, would seem to be subject to some sort of campaign finance laws ... but maybe we don't have those anymore. :?

I think it might be different that Biden-Harris was a "ticket" and they were elected together 4 years ago, so it might be different than if Biden has said "if not running, and I'm supporting Josh Shapiro." I think most Democrats feel that Harris was "next in line."

And if, God forbid, a president died right before a convention with a nomination sewn up, what then? "The party" seems to have the right to choose how it wants to go about replacing that candidate.

Anyway, very nice to see how so many Republicans are caring about Joe Biden's feelings, and especially, how many care about how "democratic" the Democrats are being. My acquaintance with people who identify as Democrats has turned up a lot of the former but no serious amount of the latter. Essentially, as I said, I think they feel that Harris is "next in line" as VP.

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:29 am

Remember that the Democratic
Party isn't alive anymore!
I was a Democrat for years and
believe me this is NOT the
Democratic Party of years ago.
This country will be a Third
World Country if they win!

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:29 am

gil wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:47 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:14 pm

Yes. She also got all the money Biden had raised. How a party chooses its nominee is its own business, as far as I know, i.e., the Democratic National Committee (or whatever organization) gets to set the rules, interpret them, react if something unexpected happens. The money, however, would seem to be subject to some sort of campaign finance laws ... but maybe we don't have those anymore. :?

I think it might be different that Biden-Harris was a "ticket" and they were elected together 4 years ago, so it might be different than if Biden has said "if not running, and I'm supporting Josh Shapiro." I think most Democrats feel that Harris was "next in line."

And if, God forbid, a president died right before a convention with a nomination sewn up, what then? "The party" seems to have the right to choose how it wants to go about replacing that candidate.

Anyway, very nice to see how so many Republicans are caring about Joe Biden's feelings, and especially, how many care about how "democratic" the Democrats are being. My acquaintance with people who identify as Democrats has turned up a lot of the former but no serious amount of the latter. Essentially, as I said, I think they feel that Harris is "next in line" as VP.
You seem to be framing it in a very simplistic, casual manner compared to what actually happened.

The problem was everyone knew Joe was a vegetable all along. We joked about it plenty here.

They waited until after the primaries to admit it so they could install Kamala and continue their puppet government.

They didn't want to let people vote on RFK Jr., or Bootygag, or Pocahontas, or any other Dem options in a primary because Kamala had been thorougly demolished in the 2020 primary and they knew she probably wouldnt win, so they dragged Joe along acting like he was still a serious candidate until they could hand it to her.

I think it's funny how they treat their voters like absolute bozos and they just eat it up and say, "Thank you, master."

Kamala was unpopular as a candidate in 2020 then hid most of the last 4 years and had the lowest approval numbers ever recorded as a VP, but now we're supposed to believe she's their preferred candidate? Not buying it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240821_003503_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240821_003503_X.jpg (319.46 KiB) Viewed 140 times