Re: GT Seattle Mariners vs. Anaheim Angels of Anaheim 6/9/2021

Post by seth8734 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:04 am

bpj wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:49 am
seth8734 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:46 am
D-train wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:43 am
Wow, think about all the contributors tonight: Marco, Shed, Fraley, Steck, JP, Mitch, JT, France
Marco really settled down really needed him tonight. Bullpen is lights out as always. Wow. Sewald getting a night off good we did not need to use him. This team is fun. Down 3-0 they needed to come back from this. Continuing the fight. They will not go down.
That is good news, have a good chance to stop any rally when he's available.
He has been money for us late. Strikeout machine.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:06 am

seth8734 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:04 am
bpj wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:49 am
seth8734 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:46 am

Marco really settled down really needed him tonight. Bullpen is lights out as always. Wow. Sewald getting a night off good we did not need to use him. This team is fun. Down 3-0 they needed to come back from this. Continuing the fight. They will not go down.
That is good news, have a good chance to stop any rally when he's available.
He has been money for us late. Strikeout machine.
I saw someone say here in early June that he was looking like an elite reliever. Definitely living up to that billing.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:09 am

I'll tell you what, the fans got a real treat tonight. They got to see a historically great player (Ohtani) hit one of the longest home runs they will ever see. And they got to see the Mariners win a game in dramatic fashion with a late inning grand slam by their current most popular player. And all that on a perfectly beautiful day in Seattle. That's about as good as it gets. Really wish I could have been there to witness it.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:13 am

Another good win against a good team. LAA has some offense currently like a 104 OPS+ with Trout, Upton, and Rendon.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:16 am

Pharmabro wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:13 am
Another good win against a good team. LAA has some offense currently like a 104 OPS+ with Trout, Upton, and Rendon.
Rendon giving Mike Stanton a run for his money for this decades Pussitis Crown.

Who can go on and off the injured list more often?

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:21 am

Fun win.

But I won't get drunk on the short term.

Pretty sure it's time to DFA Bauers, option Trammell and bring up Kelenic and Raleigh.

Trade Murphy to the White Sox as Yasmani Grandal just had knee surgery.

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:25 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:21 am
Fun win.

But I won't get drunk on the short term.

Pretty sure it's time to DFA Bauers, option Trammell and bring up Kelenic and Raleigh.

Trade Murphy to the White Sox as Yasmani Grandal just had knee surgery.
After just giving up Cassetta-Stubs for Bauers, I doubt he is DFAd

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:48 pm

A good night for the Mariner franchise. Crawford has to get half the credit for that eighth.... his 9 pitch AB was a masterpiece against a lefty with a 50% strikeout rate against lefties. The table was set for Haniger and the pitcher was stressed and gassed by Crawford as evidenced by his first two pitches against Haniger out of the zone.

And for me, I'm happy because Haniger's trade value may have spiked a little out of the wreckage of his last two week;'s performance...and out minor league took three out of four with only low A losing and the AquaSox offensive juggernaut in full gear again tonight.

This game was won by the young guys on the team also.... great bullpen work, clutch hitting by Long, France, defensive speed by Bauers, Fraley, and Moore... I have confidence in Fraley continuing to improve at the plate and hopeful confidence that Moore will reclaim his bat, because his speed and versatility make him a unique potentially valuable guy going forward.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Wanted to see the highlights so went to my recording of mlb quick pitch the game was the first one and showed Ohtanis hit about 3 times they highlighted right up to the game being tied at 3 for 3 then went back to Ohtani again and never showed Mitch nor the bases loaded work.... I didn’t record the game but recorded Poker night in America on root and low and behold the last 3 innings of the game were recorded...lol

What a game everybody contributes and we still have a chance. Mitch hasn’t heard anything from the front office on an extension and Jerry is running on empty with his status as GM. Makes you wonder what the f..k Stanton is doing with his billion $ sports team.......

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:16 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:48 pm
A good night for the Mariner franchise. Crawford has to get half the credit for that eighth.... his 9 pitch AB was a masterpiece against a lefty with a 50% strikeout rate against lefties. The table was set for Haniger and the pitcher was stressed and gassed by Crawford as evidenced by his first two pitches against Haniger out of the zone.

And for me, I'm happy because Haniger's trade value may have spiked a little out of the wreckage of his last two week;'s performance...and out minor league took three out of four with only low A losing and the AquaSox offensive juggernaut in full gear again tonight.

This game was won by the young guys on the team also.... great bullpen work, clutch hitting by Long, France, defensive speed by Bauers, Fraley, and Moore... I have confidence in Fraley continuing to improve at the plate and hopeful confidence that Moore will reclaim his bat, because his speed and versatility make him a unique potentially valuable guy going forward.
Definitely a team win, coming back from 3 runs down. If they ever get 8 better hitters on the team they should worry about Crawford.

Until then, you're right, he's earned his spot and even has room to improve.

Seeing the young kids put it together makes it easy to imagine them keeping Mitch, adding one bat and continuing to let the majority of these guys play.

Dipoto and Servais seem as reluctant to buy into Fraleys success as they did last season when Moore was on fire. Something to keep an eye on imo.

It took you guys like three days to realize Fraley belonged in the top half of the lineup on this team. Here we are 30 or so games later and Servais finally moves him up.

I think Servais is a bit slow. I guess you could say he isn't reactionary in his moves. Probably just slow though.