Re: Very good assessment from USS Mariner

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:42 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:39 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:48 pm
Assuming Toro moves to 3B next season, what would we prefer. Correa at SS and Moore at 2B or JP at SS and Semien at 2B??? I doubt we would consider buying both thus my question....
Correa at ss hands down. He will be 27 he is an mvp he has extensive playoff experience. It’s going to be expensive since he turned down 6/$120 Probably north of$25 per yr for 7, but we need that mvp and I could give 2 shits about the last 2 yrs of that contract if he gets us a World Series invitation.......
I'd be in on Correa too. Mostly because I thought we were gonna be able to land him right up until Houston swiped him from us at #1.
I like it too. Make it so! :D
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:54 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:42 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:

Correa at ss hands down. He will be 27 he is an mvp he has extensive playoff experience. It’s going to be expensive since he turned down 6/$120 Probably north of$25 per yr for 7, but we need that mvp and I could give 2 shits about the last 2 yrs of that contract if he gets us a World Series invitation.......
I'd be in on Correa too. Mostly because I thought we were gonna be able to land him right up until Houston swiped him from us at #1.
I like it too. Make it so! :D
Attachments
200.gif
200.gif (112.66 KiB) Viewed 948 times

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:01 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
D-train wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:48 pm
Assuming Toro moves to 3B next season, what would we prefer. Correa at SS and Moore at 2B or JP at SS and Semien at 2B??? I doubt we would consider buying both thus my question....
Yes, I agree. More expensive but worth it. Also I like Moore better than JP given his pop and Grand Slams to beat ASStros. :)
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:29 pm

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not both Semien and Correa? Sign Paxton off injury, weaken the Astros, jettison Seager, give JRod, Kirby and Hancock a cup of coffee this summer when the rosters expand and retain Moore. See what this "home grown" farm team can accomplish next year with veterans Semien, Correa, and Haniger anchoring the lineup. We'd have a team where everybody could run, and a solid defense. The outfield would be young but in that lineup, the pressure would be less to perform. And we could give Evan White another chance to play.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:42 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:29 pm
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not both Semien and Correa? Sign Paxton off injury, weaken the Astros, jettison Seager, give JRod, Kirby and Hancock a cup of coffee this summer when the rosters expand and retain Moore. See what this "home grown" farm team can accomplish next year with veterans Semien, Correa, and Haniger anchoring the lineup. We'd have a team where everybody could run, and a solid defense. The outfield would be young but in that lineup, the pressure would be less to perform. And we could give Evan White another chance to play.
I’m all for it...we can easily afford it and really that would make our lineup scary good....Semiens speed and bat would put us over the rainbow.......

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:47 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
I would rather sign Walter Johnson's skeleton than Paxton...They aren't going to sign two premium FAs.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:48 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:42 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
I’m all for it...we can easily afford it and really that would make our lineup scary good....Semiens speed and bat would put us over the rainbow.......
So am I. Big Ugly is not.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:47 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
I would rather sign Walter Johnson's skeleton than Paxton...They aren't going to sign two premium FAs.
Ya wasn’t referring to Big pussy on that all in....Besides won’t Paxton be worthless till about Christmas 2022....guess he’s actually been worthless all year lol, but recovery time takes 18 months does it not?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:57 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:55 pm
D-train wrote:
AT Fresno wrote:
Ya wasn’t referring to Big pussy on that all in....Besides won’t Paxton be worthless till about Christmas 2022....guess he’s actually been worthless all year lol, but recovery time takes 18 months does it not?
Oh I know you were just in on the studs. I just checked an it was a forearm surgery not TJ so maybe about August 2024. lol
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:00 pm

D-train wrote:
I would rather sign Walter Johnson's skeleton than Paxton...
Unfortunately, I don't think Walter Johnson's skeleton will be available. You know what that means...