Happy as hell wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:44 pm
bpj wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:16 am
Sibelius wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:11 am
What did Paxton injure this time?
Probably got a booboo as usual.

We must get the Canadians that flunk out of hockey because Michael Saunders, Erik Bedard and Paxton have not exactly been physical specimens, guys who play until they're broken and toothless..

They fold at the first sight of wind.
You mean like guys like Fergie Jenkins, Larry Walker, Joey Votto, Justin Morneau, Jason Bay....?
Well Justin Morneau fits the bill.

Vogelbomb

Re: Paxton to the IL

Post by Vogelbomb » Sun May 05, 2019 9:28 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:54 am
Left knee inflammation. 2.51 fip, 3.11 ERA, 12+k/9
He needs to find a way to fight through some pain. He's really figuring it out now, baseball wise.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Sun May 05, 2019 9:32 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:28 am
Hanjag wrote:
He's incredibly talented. When he's on the field.

He's pretty much Kershaws age. How long do ya wait...

I wish Paxton the best, but we all expected this. Next it'll probably be a blister or another hangnail. Probably while he's still rehabbing.

Very glad Dipoto cashed in while the cashin was good.
Was the cashin good? He didn't really get much. I think DTW might end up being the best guy. Frankly wish he woulda held out for Clint Frazier. He was expendable coming into the season for the Yanks (though now with Stanton AND Judge down, they're glad they held onto him)

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun May 05, 2019 10:54 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:32 pm
bpj wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:28 am
Hanjag wrote:
He's incredibly talented. When he's on the field.

He's pretty much Kershaws age. How long do ya wait...

I wish Paxton the best, but we all expected this. Next it'll probably be a blister or another hangnail. Probably while he's still rehabbing.

Very glad Dipoto cashed in while the cashin was good.
Was the cashin good? He didn't really get much. I think DTW might end up being the best guy. Frankly wish he woulda held out for Clint Frazier. He was expendable coming into the season for the Yanks (though now with Stanton AND Judge down, they're glad they held onto him)
Guessing it was the best offer on the table before the all star break. Which, who knows if Paxton will be healthy enough to trade by then, so the cashin being good remains to be seen, but it looks better than 2 injured years of paxton, yes.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Mon May 06, 2019 2:50 am

Yeah, I think the cashin probably would've been best last yr at the ASB but obviously we were hunting a playoff spot and there was no desire to look into that. It was the second trade Dipoto made and he was looking for pitching to add to the hitting that we already had, I suppose. Hopefully Sheffield -- who's still pretty young for his level -- will turn out to the player we need him to be. Swanson looks serviceable and DTW is looking good.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Mon May 06, 2019 3:31 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:50 am
Yeah, I think the cashin probably would've been best last yr at the ASB but obviously we were hunting a playoff spot and there was no desire to look into that. It was the second trade Dipoto made and he was looking for pitching to add to the hitting that we already had, I suppose. Hopefully Sheffield -- who's still pretty young for his level -- will turn out to the player we need him to be. Swanson looks serviceable and DTW is looking good.
Today Swanson was just a wee bit more than serviceable.............as a Major League pitcher. He was pitching like a #2 or #3 pitcher. Like to see him duplicate that next outing.
We all want Dom T-W to be a very good player in the ML. In AA Arkansas his numbers .316 \ .404 \ .520 \ .924 are trending upwards, just what the Mariners want to see.

And today, Servais was perfect in his handling of Swanny.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

ice99

Post by ice99 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:27 am

I heard on the radio that Carlos Beltran told Paxton that while he was on 2nd base, he could tell that Paxton was about to throw a breaking pitch. He knew that if Paxton's pitching hand went shallow into the glove during his windup and his knuckles were visible then it was a certain type of breaking ball. Paxton adjusted his mechanics to push his hands deep into his glove.

Did anyone catch that on the radio?

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Thu May 09, 2019 7:14 am

ice99 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:27 am
I heard on the radio that Carlos Beltran told Paxton that while he was on 2nd base, he could tell that Paxton was about to throw a breaking pitch. He knew that if Paxton's pitching hand went shallow into the glove during his windup and his knuckles were visible then it was a certain type of breaking ball. Paxton adjusted his mechanics to push his hands deep into his glove.

Did anyone catch that on the radio?
Nope but it's interesting.

Ziskmagic

Post by Ziskmagic » Thu May 09, 2019 9:09 am

I saw Paxton's delivery broken down on MLBtv...I think it was Smoltz or Leiter. I didn't know about Beltran's involvement though.
As a body we are alone, as a soul never.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 09, 2019 1:53 pm

Beltran retired 20 months ago. Am I missing something?
dt