So how are all those bats we wanted doing??

D-train

So how are all those bats we wanted doing??

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:02 pm

I wanted JRam, Olson, Suzuki, Bell and Schwarber.

Four huge hits and one strike out. How are the guys you wanted doing vs. the guy we ended up with. Never doubt Jerry. lol

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx? ... =&enddate=
dt

Captain 97

Re: So how are all those bats we wanted doing??

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:18 pm

While my plan A was Olson and Suzuki so I am really wishing that would have happened.

However I noticed you left Eugenio off of there. He has basically the same WRC+ and WAR as Bryant at this point.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:42 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:18 pm
While my plan A was Olson and Suzuki so I am really wishing that would have happened.

However I noticed you left Eugenio off of there. He has basically the same WRC+ and WAR as Bryant at this point.

Good call. Wow, Bryant's OBP 105 points higher but the same wRC+ because of Park factors. :shock:
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:37 pm

I really wanted Suzuki too but I also think pitchers and teams will figure him out after this year and adjust.
Long term I like our outfielders should Wanker return to the medium and Lewis stay healthy.
JK and Julio are just kids still trying to figure it out fighting themselves and the umpires.
When they do the future looks bright.
Hell, when anyone in the bottom of our lineup gets a productive hit we all go nuts like it's the 4th of July.
We've been so starved for offense!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Case_Of_The_Runs

Post by Case_Of_The_Runs » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:26 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:37 pm
I really wanted Suzuki too but I also think pitchers and teams will figure him out after this year and adjust.
Remember Dae Ho Lee? He was mashing it the first half of the season. Pitchers figured him out quickly, and he started striking out like crazy.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:39 pm

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:26 pm
Remember Dae Ho Lee? He was mashing it the first half of the season. Pitchers figured him out quickly, and he started striking out like crazy.
lol that is about as Apples to Orangutans comparison as you can possibly get. Lee was 34 yo and had a .892 in Korea which is like high A ball.

Suzuki is 27 and had a 1.072 OPS in Japan which is like AAAA. He is literally in the 90+ percentile for both chase rates and swing and miss rates. Think a cross between Ichiro and Matsui and Ohtani. Of course he will come down to earth from his current 1.500 OPS but I see him putting up a 900 OPS. Hopefully winker is near 800 by the end of the season IF he stays healthy.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:47 pm

OMG this article on Jerry's "brilliant" 2015-16 additions is HILARIOUS especially the LL tweets shining his balls. Check the scraps he brought in to try to push the core over the tops. Absolutely pathetic. :lol: btw one of the others was Dae Ho Lee.
But why were he and his staff furiously making moves to acquire players like Nate Karns, Joaquin Benoit, Steve Cishek, Nori Aoki, Leonys Martin, Steve Clevenger, Wade Miley and Adam Lind (among others)? The roster Dipoto inherited relied too much on the “what if” game. As we saw in 2014, there was the possibility of this squad, constructed how they were, of being successful.
https://thesportsdaily.com/2016/02/24/w ... offseason/
dt

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:56 pm

Yep.
Suzuki was big on my list but I also had
Chapman
Bryant
Olson
etc

Kinda funny on our thoughts:
Most ragged on JP for kinda pinky promising JP and France
but
Early returns have them looking like allstars

I also had eyes for Montas, Bassitt, Max, Verlander, etc, etc
BUT
I like Brash a lot more than some Anderson type

I like but don't love our 3 additions:
2B/OF lefty bat Frazier he had a decent line last yeAR but could be the 80 OPS+ bat he is now and was post-trade in 2021 and he was in 2020. I think and hope he rallies up but he is not Carlos C. to say the least.

Winker is a heavily platooned player and his stats looked great but having your 3 hitter with a glowing weakness is not ideal

Saurez has not been good for 2 years a bounce-back candidate.

2/3 are poor defenders.

Interesting thing about Suzuki, Bryant, etc is that if we had snagged one of them than you probably don't have one of JK, or JRod up at the begining but maybe called up after Hannigers Covid

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:26 pm
Suzuki has 20 PA and is hitting en even .400 with 4 HR. Dae-Ho after his first 20 PA was hitting .222 with 2 HR

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:41 pm

Funny. Literally my top two targets win Players of the Week honors.

https://www.mlb.com/news/seiya-suzuki-j ... rs-of-week
dt