So how are all those bats we wanted doing??

D-train

Re: So how are all those bats we wanted doing??

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:13 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:48 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:00 pm
Suzuki says Analytics Smanalytics. Hasn't even looked at opposing pitcher data. Imagine the excitement level around this team if he was on it.

https://www.mlb.com/news/seiya-suzuki-m ... bs-vs-rays
If you look at his heat chart, he's gotten some real meatballs down the middle that he's taken advantage of. I predict a different result the next 10 games.
So you are taking the under on a .429 BA and a 1.500 OPS for the next ten games. Bold prediction brother. :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:13 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:54 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:24 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:00 pm
Suzuki says Analytics Smanalytics. Hasn't even looked at opposing pitcher data. Imagine the excitement level around this team if he was on it.

https://www.mlb.com/news/seiya-suzuki-m ... bs-vs-rays
“Kelenic is so much better”
JD’s thought process
Hard NOT to be better than last year yet his average is still below his average from last season. How is that better? Maybe they are talking about his defense?
He said it all Spring Training.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:43 pm

So like the Administration telling us the inflation is caused by Trump, the petroleum companies, us, etc. Just because they say it, it must be true!

I seem to remember a certain news anchor, the most trusted man in America, telling us that if what he said about a President wasn't true, it should be! He then lost his job.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:58 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:43 pm
So like the Administration telling us the inflation is caused by Trump, the petroleum companies, us, etc. Just because they say it, it must be true!

I seem to remember a certain news anchor, the most trusted man in America, telling us that if what he said about a President wasn't true, it should be! He then lost his job.
Owners love Jerry, he won't be losing his job.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:59 pm

Jerry is likely here as long as he wants. You rarely hear Stanton talk about bringing a championship to Seattle. Sure he has said it but there’s little chance given the current payroll that they ever get there. Little chance

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:10 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:59 pm
Jerry is likely here as long as he wants. You rarely hear Stanton talk about bringing a championship to Seattle. Sure he has said it but there’s little chance given the current payroll that they ever get there. Little chance
You have to be a blind deaf and dumb dead vegetable to not realize that giving a guy who failed to make the playoffs in SIX seasons two extensions AND a promotion is a bit of a sign that winning it all is secondary.
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:00 am

I think Jerry is here for a few more years, but will ultimately move on. I think the ideal scenario for him would be several years in a row of postseason appearances that he can then parlay into a President OR CEO role in NY, Boston, or Chicago. I doubt it's about money. I see it as more about status and ego with him.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:43 am

Suzuki should have been in our pockets. Best player in Japan, the legacy of his last name, the extra excitement he would have brought. But either ownership went cheapo and gambled on Haniger/JK/K-Rod/Lewis, or Ichiro is telling ownership not to sign Japanese stars who could eclipse him. Ohtani should have been in our pockets too.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:19 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:43 am
Suzuki should have been in our pockets. Best player in Japan, the legacy of his last name, the extra excitement he would have brought. But either ownership went cheapo and gambled on Haniger/JK/K-Rod/Lewis, or Ichiro is telling ownership not to sign Japanese stars who could eclipse him. Ohtani should have been in our pockets too.
I think probably they looked at the roster and saw a lot of right-handed corner outfield types with a decision pending soon on whether to extend Haniger, and so they didn't pursue quite as hard as they probably should have.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:06 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:00 am
I think Jerry is here for a few more years, but will ultimately move on. I think the ideal scenario for him would be several years in a row of postseason appearances that he can then parlay into a President OR CEO role in NY, Boston, or Chicago. I doubt it's about money. I see it as more about status and ego with him.
You know he is currently president of baseball operations. I think he was given that title to block it from being offered by another organization