INJURIES / COVID / ROSTER UPDATES - Seattle Mariners

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: INJURIES / COVID / ROSTER UPDATES - Seattle Mariners

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:31 pm

LATEST NEWS
June 20: RHP Ken Giles reinstated from 60-day IL; INF Kevin Padlo recalled from Triple-A Tacoma; and LHP Roenis Elías and RHP Sergio Romo designated for assignment
Giles will make his Mariners debut with his first appearance after he began the season on the injured list with a right middle finger sprain. The 31-year-old, who missed all of the 2021 season because of Tommy John surgery, made nine rehab appearances with High-A Everett and Triple-A Tacoma, going 0-1 with a 13.50 ERA.

This is the second stint with the Mariners for Padlo, who was claimed off waivers from the Giants on June 11. Last season, the 25-year-old struck out in his lone at-bat with Seattle.

Romo made 17 relief appearances with Seattle this season, recording an 8.16 ERA with four walks and 11 strikeouts, and Elías had a 3.52 ERA in seven relief outings.

OH NO! Say it aint SO ROMO! He had a cool beard going tho for a 39yr old humped over closer of 85mph max. Luck of the Ms he'll go somewhere else and get into a World Series game.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:34 pm

Really shocking that Romo turned out to be horrible after he finished last season like this. Maybe they should offer more than $33k a year to join their analytics team.
romo.JPG
romo.JPG (53.26 KiB) Viewed 517 times
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:03 am

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:13 am

What i wonder is have they figured out what caused the ankle sprain and can they be sure it was a random event not likely to reoccur rather than a problem in the way he positions his plant foot before pushing off with it? Because that ankle will likely be more prone to that type of injury going forward and if it requires a change in his mechanics could mess with his ability to hit a baseball. But hopefully Mitch can get through a couple weeks looking like his old self and can then be traded away like they should have done last year.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:22 pm

If we are still way behind by the deadline....nice knowing you Mitch.

If we're in the hunt...I want every last once of baseball the guy has left.
We've seen him almost carry the team at times.

No way of knowing until mid July what he is.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:47 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:13 am
What i wonder is have they figured out what caused the ankle sprain and can they be sure it was a random event not likely to reoccur rather than a problem in the way he positions his plant foot before pushing off with it? Because that ankle will likely be more prone to that type of injury going forward and if it requires a change in his mechanics could mess with his ability to hit a baseball. But hopefully Mitch can get through a couple weeks looking like his old self and can then be traded away like they should have done last year.
I twisted and sprained my ankle about 15 years ago and it's never been quite the same. There's still a structural weakness that I can feel when walking or running, and I believe it's contributed to heel spurs. Of course, I never got any treatment or PT for it, whereas Mitch will get the best possible.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:50 pm

What i wonder is have they figured out what caused the ankle sprain and can they be sure it was a random event not likely to reoccur rather than a problem in the way he positions his plant foot before pushing off with it? Because that ankle will likely be more prone to that type of injury going forward and if it requires a change in his mechanics could mess with his ability to hit a baseball. But hopefully Mitch can get through a couple weeks looking like his old self and can then be traded away like they should have done 3 1/2 years ago
Fify ;)
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:58 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:47 pm
I twisted and sprained my ankle about 15 years ago and it's never been quite the same. There's still a structural weakness that I can feel when walking or running, and I believe it's contributed to heel spurs. Of course, I never got any treatment or PT for it, whereas Mitch will get the best possible.
I'm guessing yours was a completely different type of injury. His is in the ankle but a completely different ligament than what is typically sprained.

The typical ankle sprain hurts when you insert the ankle. The syndesmosis keeps the tibia and fibula together when you bear weight, so every step you take it puts pressure on it. In football they just wrap the hell out of the top of the ankle, give you toradol, and you play through it, then you have a week for the swelling to go down before the next game. Baseball you have to play every day, so you just need it to heel completely.

The rehab should strengthen all the muscles stabilizing the ankle, so that will help. It takes 6-8 weeks for ligament to heal, then they have to rehab and strengthen it after that.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:21 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:58 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:47 pm
I'm guessing yours was a completely different type of injury. His is in the ankle but a completely different ligament than what is typically sprained.

The typical ankle sprain hurts when you insert the ankle. The syndesmosis keeps the tibia and fibula together when you bear weight, so every step you take it puts pressure on it. In football they just wrap the hell out of the top of the ankle, give you toradol, and you play through it, then you have a week for the swelling to go down before the next game. Baseball you have to play every day, so you just need it to heel completely.

The rehab should strengthen all the muscles stabilizing the ankle, so that will help. It takes 6-8 weeks for ligament to heal, then they have to rehab and strengthen it after that.
I have done similar, so hard chipped the bone of the fibula it took a long time to get back to normal

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:48 pm

Ty France.
Freak (Toro) arm injury at first base.

Please Lord let it be a strain day to day and not under the knife! Amen.