January 6th prime time shit show

gil

Re: January 6th prime time shit show

Post by gil » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:04 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:37 pm
Gil,
Here is a little something about Liz Cheney. I found it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9Mn2RqELs
Thanks. I don't agree with Cheney on a lot of issues, and I certainly don't agree with everything she said in the video clips shown. But that segment seems to be exaggerating Cheney's motivation and goals. She wants Pelosi to remain as speaker? She is aligned with the far left? On what? (I might have missed something but Laura Ingraham seemed to make it pretty much a blanket statement while showing left-wing demonstrations.)

I see it as a one sided opinion piece, the kind that I expect gets shown on MSNBC and CNN (which I don't watch, and wouldn't care to even if I had cable).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cheney #3 in House Republican leadership until she voted to impeach Trump (the second impeachment, regarding the January 6 events)? Ingraham makes it sound like Cheney is angrily lashing out because she was removed. As best I can tell, all of Cheney's flaws (such as allegedly being a globalist and clearly having a leg up because of her father) were just fine with House Republicans until she voted to impeach.

I know there was a lot in the 8+ minutes and I'm sure I'm missing some things. What did you find most important about this?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:26 pm

gil wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:04 pm
Gil,

Thanks. I don't agree with Cheney on a lot of issues, and I certainly don't agree with everything she said in the video clips shown. But that segment seems to be exaggerating Cheney's motivation and goals. She wants Pelosi to remain as speaker? She is aligned with the far left? On what? (I might have missed something but Laura Ingraham seemed to make it pretty much a blanket statement while showing left-wing demonstrations.)

I see it as a one sided opinion piece, the kind that I expect gets shown on MSNBC and CNN (which I don't watch, and wouldn't care to even if I had cable).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cheney #3 in House Republican leadership until she voted to impeach Trump (the second impeachment, regarding the January 6 events)? Ingraham makes it sound like Cheney is angrily lashing out because she was removed. As best I can tell, all of Cheney's flaws (such as allegedly being a globalist and clearly having a leg up because of her father) were just fine with House Republicans until she voted to impeach.

I know there was a lot in the 8+ minutes and I'm sure I'm missing some things. What did you find most important about this?
Take your pick at any part of the monologue. It all resounds true with me.
-Trump never went against the Constitution
-Trump never called for a violent mob to enter the Capitol
-She is old swamp
-She only got elected because of her father
-She lies

gil

Post by gil » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:39 pm

Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:26 pm
gil wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:04 pm
Gil,

Take your pick at any part of the monologue. It all resounds true with me.
-Trump never went against the Constitution
-Trump never called for a violent mob to enter the Capitol
-She is old swamp
-She only got elected because of her father
-She lies
I won't argue against any of those. But I'm still willing to let the facts be revealed from the committee testimony and elsewhere. I'll be interested when/if we see some of the tape from Cipplone's testimony under oath on Friday. I didn't agree with Ingraham's take on that. He was subpoenaed but apparently showed up voluntarily (not everyone who has been subpoenaed has shown up).

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:45 pm

"Facts" from a 100% biased committee. :|
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:32 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:45 pm
Do you mean what the committee members (e.g., Cheney or Schiff) say? No, that isn't what I mean. I'm referring to things like testimony under oath that is corroborated.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:11 pm

gil wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:32 pm
D-train wrote:
Do you mean what the committee members (e.g., Cheney or Schiff) say? No, that isn't what I mean. I'm referring to things like testimony under oath that is corroborated.
Under oath like the person that said President Trump [basically] attacked a SS agent trying to get to the steering wheel.

Under oath is all about what THIS committee "wants to" hear and not necessarily the truth.

gil

Post by gil » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:31 pm

Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:11 pm
gil wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:32 pm
D-train wrote:
Under oath like the person that said President Trump [basically] attacked a SS agent trying to get to the steering wheel.

Under oath is all about what THIS committee "wants to" hear and not necessarily the truth.
I concur completely that "under oath" is not the same thing as truth. But don't you think it's evidence?

And the steering wheel thing ... what she said under oath was what people said to her, but I still don't think that is the big story.

For example of what I think is a big story (and I pretty much accept as fact): Justice Department officials (e.g., Acting AG Rosen - Trump appointee) said under oath that the claims of election fraud were investigated and found not to be true, and they told Trump this. Former AG Barr said the same thing in his taped interview. So Trump continued with his speeches claiming fraud, and approved actions on his behalf to try to get states to change their slate of electors, and wanted to get the Justice Department to say there was fraud -- all this was under oath and corroborated by the 3 Justice Dept officials. Unless Trump really didn't believe his own appointees' conclusions, he was just doing anything he could to remain as president despite being told there was no fraud that would have changed the election results.

What do you think of this?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:38 pm

All I had to do was get to this part of your post.....
I concur completely that "under oath" is not the same thing as truth. But don't you think it's evidence?
How can you believe that anything is evidence if it isn't truth?

In my world evidence is truth. The rest is hearsay and bullshit.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:10 pm

Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:38 pm
All I had to do was get to this part of your post.....
How can you believe that anything is evidence if it isn't truth?

In my world evidence is truth. The rest is hearsay and bullshit.
"Witness" "Trump assaulted a Secret Service Agent and violently grabbed the steering wheel!"
Secret Service agent "No he didn't. Happy to testify to that under oath."

Unnamed person: "I'd like to see testimony corroborated!"
Witness using third party hearsay "I heard Trump assaulted so and so...."
Alleged victim of assault "Call me to testify, happy to corroborate the opposite, if you're loking for the truth"
Pelosi "Nah, no need for 'the other side" to be heard. This committee is totally fair and unbiased, remember?"
Unnamed person "No one will corroborate the most salacious testimony of the entire hearing? Oh, don't worry, it's not that important."

Dems for three years "Trump colluded with Russia! We have teh evidence! We really mean it this time!"
FBI "No he didn't"

Dems: "Trump is responsible for Jan 6th!"
FBI "MMM, no he isn't."

Nancy Pelosi "Wants a fair and inpartial committee"
Committee SHE appoints: Stacked exclusively with "Anti Trumpers" including raging anti-Trumper Liz Cheney who is so hated among the GOP she is now losing her reelection bid in Wyoming by a reported 30 points.

American people "We're getting killed by inflation, gas prices, the border crisis, expected food shortages. Please help us!"
Dems "January 6th! January 6th! January 6th! January 6th!"
Americans: "We don't give a shit about that! We need help with policy! We're struggling!"
Dems: "January 6th! Janaury 6th! January 6th!"
Americans "Please, we're begging you for help - this is really hurting our lives!!"
Dems "January 6th! January 6th! January 6th! January 6th!"
Americans "What about stimulus checks?"
Dems" "Sorry, we only have money to send to Ukraine. P.S... January 6th January 6th January 6th!"

"I'm gonna need more evidence...." that the dems and this committee are being unfair. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:25 pm

I'm hoping Nancy and her crew of lackey hypocrites announce a new round of Jan. 6 hearings to be held just before the midterms. And then every January 6 forevermore, they gather at the Capitol to sing God Bless America and burn Trump in effigy. Because the Democrat business of America is avoiding the business of America -- and instead distracting us with bullshit and nonsense.

BTW, still waiting on the police dashcam footage of that drunk-ass, Porsche-wrecking philandering crook husband of yours, Nancy.