Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Michael K.

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by Michael K. » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:06 pm

I don't think anyone wants the decision made, just curious why a guy supposedly competing for a starting spot never gets starters reps.

As far as who I want? I'm good with what we have. No need to invest in a veteran QB on this team.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:09 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:07 pm
3rd down and red zone drills could be what decides it
. “Third down and red zone are really big deals,” Carroll said. “That’s where the quarterbacks get challenged the most and it’s the most difficult. The defenses make it the hardest on you and that usually is a true indicator of how far someone is coming along.”
I saw it reported yesterday (I think, might have been day before), that the two combined 0/20 in the red zone for the day. They gave credit to the defense, but damn, this is not the LOB... I feel like a starting caliber QB should be able to complete a pass if given 20 tries.

I remain of the opinion that regardless who wins the competition, we still have no quarterback.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:38 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:29 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:56 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:54 am
Guess the actual competition hasn't started yet, Lock says he knows the offense
]
So when does it is start. I'm on a budget and can't afford TNT.
"Carroll and offensive coordinator Shane Waldron have each been asked, multiple times, if and when Smith and Lock will alternate snaps with the starting offense in this training camp. “You’ll see. I’m not telling you that,” Carroll said."
Told you they would eventually alternate....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:38 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
. “Third down and red zone are really big deals,” Carroll said. “That’s where the quarterbacks get challenged the most and it’s the most difficult. The defenses make it the hardest on you and that usually is a true indicator of how far someone is coming along.”
Thanks.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:41 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:10 pm
Yeah, god forbid the team let the players play out the competition through training camp and into the preseason games to see who is the better option. Nope, we have to know within two days of training camp opening. Because the last time Seattle let the competition play itself out you got Russell Wilson instead of Flynn. I suppose all roster spots should be cemented at the start of camp, rather than post camp and somewhere in the preseason games, you know, so the fans can feel more comfortable. My brain is not capable of understanding this type of thinking. ALL decisions should be rushed into, not played out or thought out. No one wants that. better to just give the gig to Matt Flynn rather than see what someone else might have to offer.
Pinning our hopes on Geno and Drew honestly is a recipe for disaster.

So, what's your solution? garoppolo? What specifically would you do in this situation? This is how a rebuild works - they just had one solid draft - they have a ton of draft capitol for the next draft where the QB class is stronger then this past one - this is exactly what they should be doing. This team is not a QB away from a SB run - they just had Wilson who took them exactly nowhere in a hurry. For the love of god PLEASE tell me your solution to this - I cannot wait to hear this.
Here is my prediction. If Geno plays any reg. season games when Lock is healthy we will draft a QB in 2023, if Lock plays every game or only misses a one or two due to injury we won't draft a QB.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:42 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:09 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
I saw it reported yesterday (I think, might have been day before), that the two combined 0/20 in the red zone for the day. They gave credit to the defense, but damn, this is not the LOB... I feel like a starting caliber QB should be able to complete a pass if given 20 tries.

I remain of the opinion that regardless who wins the competition, we still have no quarterback.
0-20 seems suboptimal...
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:11 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:10 pm
Yeah, god forbid the team let the players play out the competition through training camp and into the preseason games to see who is the better option. Nope, we have to know within two days of training camp opening. Because the last time Seattle let the competition play itself out you got Russell Wilson instead of Flynn. I suppose all roster spots should be cemented at the start of camp, rather than post camp and somewhere in the preseason games, you know, so the fans can feel more comfortable. My brain is not capable of understanding this type of thinking. ALL decisions should be rushed into, not played out or thought out. No one wants that. better to just give the gig to Matt Flynn rather than see what someone else might have to offer.
So, what's your solution? garoppolo?
You're being a bit dramatic.
It's not just me and a couple of fellow travelers on this forum wondering why Lock isn't getting any snaps with the 1st unit. The media is literally
saying there can't be real competition unless they split reps. They are asking Pete and he's basically saying STFU. Which is fine with me.
I'm pressing the point because I think Geno is going to be the starter and some people don't, so I'm messing with them.
I could go either way with getting someone else like Jimmy G. I think Jimmy G. would be more fun than Geno or Lock, even if its just to hate on,
but I'm in no way thinking Jimmy G would be the long term answer. I think Pete is setting up the future and starting QB is not on this year's agenda.
Which is fine with me too. As long as I see the start to another dominant defense.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:58 am

You think Pete doesn't take the QB or Lock seriously? Then why did he trade for him?

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:23 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:58 am
You think Pete doesn't take the QB or Lock seriously? Then why did he trade for him?
Are you translating me again? I generally mean what I say.
To answer your two questions -
No.
If I answered "no", the second question doesn't apply.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:40 am

Translate? Trying to understand what you're getting at