From the CringeRuss Files

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: From the CringeRuss Files

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:14 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:20 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:04 pm
You'll never convince me the refs in those Lakers/Kings series weren't crooked or tangibly biased. And also that game 7 between the Sonics and the Phoenix Barkleys. Or the umps at Yankee stadium the past 20 years. Or SB XL. Who or what motivated them is the question.
How exactly does it work?
Russian mafia? :lol:

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:16 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:37 pm
Russell finally has a decent Drive
Trevor Lawrence performed a Russell Wilson tribute at the goal line. Great show of respect ..

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:44 pm

Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:14 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:04 pm
You'll never convince me the refs in those Lakers/Kings series weren't crooked or tangibly biased. And also that game 7 between the Sonics and the Phoenix Barkleys. Or the umps at Yankee stadium the past 20 years. Or SB XL. Who or what motivated them is the question.
I love how someone provides examples of games and series whose outcomes were blatantly dictated by officiating - and some people are like "there's no way they could do that" when the evidence is sitting in front of thier face. The Phoenix Suns shot 67 free throws in a game seven to ensure a Barkley/Jordan finals matchup instead of the Sonics (who were beating the Suns up and down the court that day) - I can still remember the commentators were like "C'mon, this is getting ridiculous." First time I ever thought the fix was in. NBA is easy to rig - read the Donaghey book (of course no one will do that). So is the NFL. The ability is already there. Pretending it isn't is laughable. Was the Seattle'Pitt SB 'fixed of rigged" to ensure Bettis gets his win in his home town as he rides off into the sunset? Maybe, maybe not - but the only story line after that game was the officiating. That's not saying all games are rigged or fixed - it's saying there is a built in device that can make it happen - the problem is people who do not have enough imagination to realize just how easy it is. It's almost willful ignorance. Those Kings/Laker series and even the Blazers/Lakers series were blatantly tilted in the Lakers favor because it was in the best interest of the league for larger markets and more marketable games.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:01 pm

You don't think if Donaghey could have exposed a league system to fix games he wouldn't have done it? Okay, then you explain how exactly it's done, it starts with the commissioner himself? Is this standard procedure with commissioners in general? Who else is involved, how far down the chain of command does it go? And how exactly is it dictated to the officials? They are threatened with losing their jobs if they don't participate? Of course these are the same officials that would actually lose their jobs and perhaps go to jail if they were caught fixing games? And all this has been kept totally secret from the press. The biggest sports story easily of the century. If it was ever exposed it destroy the league responsible. And again, what's is it they gain exactly to risk so much?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:09 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:01 pm
Okay, then you explain how exactly it's done, it starts with the commissioner himself? Is this standard procedure with commissioners in general? Who else is involved, how far down the chain of command does it go? And how exactly is it dictated to the officials? They are threatened with losing their jobs if they don't participate? Of course these are the same officials that would actually lose their jobs if they were caught fixing games? And all this has been kept totally secret from the press. The biggest sports story easily of the century. If it was ever exposed it destroy the league responsible. And again, what's is it they gain exactly to risk so much?
It would be no different than the CEO of Goldman Sachs instructing their traders to trade using illegal insider info. They all go to prison. NFL officials aren't going to risk that for a damn part time job. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:12 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:44 pm
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:14 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

I love how someone provides examples of games and series whose outcomes were blatantly dictated by officiating - and some people are like "there's no way they could do that" when the evidence is sitting in front of thier face. The Phoenix Suns shot 67 free throws in a game seven to ensure a Barkley/Jordan finals matchup instead of the Sonics (who were beating the Suns up and down the court that day) - I can still remember the commentators were like "C'mon, this is getting ridiculous." First time I ever thought the fix was in. NBA is easy to rig - read the Donaghey book (of course no one will do that). So is the NFL. The ability is already there. Pretending it isn't is laughable. Was the Seattle'Pitt SB 'fixed of rigged" to ensure Bettis gets his win in his home town as he rides off into the sunset? Maybe, maybe not - but the only story line after that game was the officiating. That's not saying all games are rigged or fixed - it's saying there is a built in device that can make it happen - the problem is people who do not have enough imagination to realize just how easy it is. It's almost willful ignorance. Those Kings/Laker series and even the Blazers/Lakers series were blatantly tilted in the Lakers favor because it was in the best interest of the league for larger markets and more marketable games.
Totally agree there are hundreds of examples of officials being HORRID at their jobs, just don't think it is an intentional conspiracy....Risk going to jail for Jerome Bettis? Did he promise to send them a cake with a file in it to their prison cell....
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:09 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Okay, then you explain how exactly it's done, it starts with the commissioner himself? Is this standard procedure with commissioners in general? Who else is involved, how far down the chain of command does it go? And how exactly is it dictated to the officials? They are threatened with losing their jobs if they don't participate? Of course these are the same officials that would actually lose their jobs if they were caught fixing games? And all this has been kept totally secret from the press. The biggest sports story easily of the century. If it was ever exposed it destroy the league responsible. And again, what's is it they gain exactly to risk so much?
It would be no different than the CEO of Goldman Sachs instructing their traders to trade using illegal insider info. They all go to prison. NFL officials aren't going to risk that for a damn part time job. lol
It's more than that, it destroy the integrity of the game, who the heck is going to be interested in the NFL if it's exposed the games are fixed. And for what? Because they want to promote RW? Give me a break, fans are going to spin the turnstiles whether Russell is star or not. There is no reason for the league to risk their relationship with fans trying to fix games to make him one. The league doesn't give a crap who's a star, all they want is to continue to develop them. Fixing games wouldn't be the way to do it

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:00 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
You don't think if Donaghey could have exposed a league system to fix games he wouldn't have done it? Okay, then you explain how exactly it's done, it starts with the commissioner himself? Is this standard procedure with commissioners in general? Who else is involved, how far down the chain of command does it go? And how exactly is it dictated to the officials? They are threatened with losing their jobs if they don't participate? Of course these are the same officials that would actually lose their jobs and perhaps go to jail if they were caught fixing games? And all this has been kept totally secret from the press. The biggest sports story easily of the century. If it was ever exposed it destroy the league responsible. And again, what's is it they gain exactly to risk so much?
The legalities begin with signed NDA's and go from there. the 'chain of command' is irrelevent.

This is a very simple concept - do you believe officiating in the NBA/NFL is influencing/affecting or dictating the outcomes of games?
Yes or no?
That is where this conversation begins and ends.
Yes or no?
I'll bet you won't commit to an answer.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
You don't think if Donaghey could have exposed a league system to fix games he wouldn't have done it?
It's a waste of time to argue with anyone who writes a sentence like this.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:00 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:31 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
You don't think if Donaghey could have exposed a league system to fix games he wouldn't have done it?
It's a waste of time to argue with anyone who writes a sentence like this.
His question is valid and can most likely be found in legal speak - the terms of his sentencing, etc - if he 'disclosed' this stuff he could 100% be prosecuted as it violates the NDA's at a minumum. The stuff in the book is likely public record via FBI files, public court records, etc, not the mention the basic notion that if he exposed that, the people benefitting/profitting from it might put him in the ground - since he was invloved in some serious mafia types.

That said, it's not relevent to this discussion. This discussion is whether or not games can/are at risk of outside influence. I have check mated him with my question. If he claims his position is that officiating is not influencing the outcomes, then he's making a fool of himself - the evidence is beyond overwhelming. He loses that fight. If he agrees officiating is influencing games - which we know it is - he proves my point. Now we know the possibility of 'fixing' is greater than zero percent - making it plausable - which I have been saying for years - which is different than saying I KNOW games are being fixed - of which I have never claimed to know.

He was playing checkers, I was playing chess. :D