Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

AZOldDawg

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:27 am

I think we haven't tipped our hats enough to the job done by the new staff. They created perhaps the most exciting offense in the country while having to compete with a very mediocre defense with what appeared to me to be a horrible secondary. I swear I could get open on Perryman and I'll be 77 in a couple of weeks. Sorry Mikey but I'm going to have to take Grubb over you for OC. :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:40 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:27 am
I think we haven't tipped our hats enough to the job done by the new staff. They created perhaps the most exciting offense in the country while having to compete with a very mediocre defense with what appeared to me to be a horrible secondary. I swear I could get open on Perryman and I'll be 77 in a couple of weeks. Sorry Mikey but I'm going to have to take Grubb over you for OC. :lol:
For the first time in some time? I think the guy we have is better than me! LOL

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:22 pm

Anyone see the tweet by Grubb? Said the Huskies are 9 and 0 at home this year, alluding to the fact that Eugene and Pullman are our house! LOL, only way that would be better is if he included Corvalis and said they were 10 and 0!

I also found it funny that the Cougars were so prepared to lose they had a team of security ready to run out to the Logo and rope it off...fearing that we would be as classless as they are. A few players commented they didn't need that, just needed to take the trophy back home. No fans storming the field of the road team, no asshate like Borghi drawing personal fouls for excessive celebration because they don't know how to win, and no jack ass planting a flag on the 50. I guess that is good, but I sure would have been fine with us doing all of it. I know, real mature, but they started it! LOL

And tip of the cap to ZTF....everyone knew what it meant, and was no where near drawing a flag. Only way it would have been better is if Borghi and De Laura had to sit through it. Of course, neither of those idiots would have had the balls to act the way they did if they hadn't known they'd never have to play in another Apple Cup!

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:19 pm

Next time they play in Pullman, if there is snow on the ground, they should bring purple food coloring for snowballs! There, I can beat your immaturity! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:29 am

USC going down and down goes the Rose Bowl for the Dawgs.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:45 am

Jeez!
There is a really good possibility that if we would have won the ASU game that we would be in the Playoff.
It would have been us killing the Trojans tonight and sitting at 12-1.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:42 am

Looks like Utah and SC will swap places in the rankings. Won't, or shouldn't,move us up unless SC drops out of the top 10. But there is a chance Utah bumps us down to 10.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:29 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:42 am
Looks like Utah and SC will swap places in the rankings. Won't, or shouldn't,move us up unless SC drops out of the top 10. But there is a chance Utah bumps us down to 10.
Utah has three losses. Zero chance they jump up to 4. All this does is move us out of a New Years six bowl and let’s Ohio State back in the Final 4. Fucking SC. What a crock. Up 17 to 3 with the ball and take a six yard sack on 2nd and 1. Not long after they turn it over in downs and Utah dominated from their on out. Crazy.

I don’t know when the Heisman votes are cast, but if it is next week? Williams lost it last night.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:55 am

Jesus I JUST found out USC lost now. East Coast bias is real.
dt