Spring Training TRIP thread

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Spring Training

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:57 am

Big Dumper cracks Keith Law's Top 45 list at number 8. Sad that Tom Murphy couldn't crack his list though. Murph is gonna be hungry this year.

https://theathletic.com/4172536/2023/02 ... rutschman/

8. Cal Raleigh, Mariners
B: B T: R HT: 6-3 WT: 234

WAR: 3.8
Slash line: .211/.284/.489 OPS+: 122
HR: 27 RBI: 63 SB: 1
FRM: 8.2 DRS: 14 CS: 32%

Last spring training, the Mariners didn’t even know whether Raleigh would make the team as a backup catcher; now, he’s top eight in the sport. He did a tremendous job behind the plate in 2022, shutting down the running game and tallying 14 DRS. He hit 27 home runs in the regular season, including the walk-off blast that propelled the Mariners to the postseason for the first time in two decades.

Other notables:

26. Mike Zunino, Guardians
B: R T: R HT: 6-2 WT: 237

WAR: -0.8 OPS+: 44
Slash line: .148/.195/.304
HR: 5 RBI: 16 SB: 0
FRM: 2.2 DRS: -2 CS: 20%

Zunino has always been a special defensive catcher in terms of game calling and throwing out runners. He’s a well-below-average hitter but has 25-home run power. He missed most of last season after undergoing surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome in his left (non-throwing) arm. His health status, after playing in just 36 games last year, is the only reason he’s not higher on this list.

27. Austin Nola, Padres
B: R T: R HT: 6-0 WT: 198

WAR: 2.0
Slash line: .251/.321/.329 OPS+: 91
HR: 4 RBI: 40 SB: 2
FRM: -8.3 DRS: -6 CS: 13%

Nola is an offensive catcher. However, he caught every inning for the Padres in the playoffs and helped lead them to the NLCS against the Phillies (and his brother). However, he’ll have real competition this spring as the Padres are hoping Luis Campusano is ready to handle a bigger role behind the plate for them.

28. Omar Narváez, Mets
B: L T: R HT: 5-11 WT: 220

WAR: 0.2
Slash line: .206/.292/.305 OPS+: 71
HR: 4 RBI: 23 SB: 0
FRM: 7.5 DRS: 2 CS: 22%

I’ve always viewed Narváez as either a platoon or backup catcher, which will probably be the case with the Mets as he’s expected to share time with Tomás Nido until Francisco Álvarez becomes the everyday catcher. Narváez has a career slash line of .258/.343/.386 and 162-game averages of 14 home runs and 52 RBIs. The metrics grade his pitch framing much better than the scouts do, and his pop time is well below average.

Great podcast from Fangraphs with Ryan Divish dropping in. It's worth a listen: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/effectively ... white-sox/

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:57 pm

Address to the Crib

PROPERTY ADDRESS:
- 16437 North 152nd Court, Surprise, AZ 85374

St. Patty's day is Lynda's birthday so we will have an extra festive party night the first night on Friday.

Let me know if you have any questions. Still have an one open single bed at the moment.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:00 pm

Don't mess with the messer as my wife likes to say. lol
Hi Jeff,

I hope you are doing well. We are looking forward to staying at the place from March 17th - 21st.

Looks like my card will just be automatically charged for the remaining balance on the 3rd of March? That works well if so.

Friendly feedback on the pool heating charge. We rented this home because it has a pool. We are paying about $1000 a night. Charging an extra $50 a night to heat the pool given it is unusable that time a year if unheated is highly questionable.

We have a pool of similar size here in Boston and I would estimate it is maybe $5-10 a day to heat. We would obviously need the pool heated, if you would like to charge us we will be looking for another house for our annual trip next year.

Thanks so much,

Darren
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:00 pm
Hi Jeff,

I hope you are doing well. We are looking forward to staying at the place from March 17th - 21st.

Looks like my card will just be automatically charged for the remaining balance on the 3rd of March? That works well if so.

Friendly feedback on the pool heating charge. We rented this home because it has a pool. We are paying about $1000 a night. Charging an extra $50 a night to heat the pool given it is unusable that time a year if unheated is highly questionable.

We have a pool of similar size here in Boston and I would estimate it is maybe $5-10 a day to heat. We would obviously need the pool heated, if you would like to charge us we will be looking for another house for our annual trip next year.

Thanks so much,

Darren
Are you going through AirBnB? Just curious.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:26 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:05 pm
D-train wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much,

Darren
Are you going through AirBnB? Just curious.
I usually do VRBO but somehow I ended up with Evolve. We have a spot for you brother. Only cost you air fare.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:21 am

D-train wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much,

Darren
That’s bs might as well empty the fing thing and we will have a fucking roller derby and invite those hookers we invited 3 years ago lol

Donn Beach

Re: Spring Training TRIP Thread

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 am

Jrod checks in at 16 on MLB's top 100

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-network-to ... w-for-2023

D-train

Re: Spring Training TRIP thread

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:54 pm

The guy actually sent me a thorough note back so good for him. Can't believe it costs $1400 a month in AZ. Our Summer bills are maybe $300 a month.
Good afternoon Darren.
We appreciate the fact that you have chosen our home.
As far as the pool heat, we are always more than far as far as charges per day.
If we heat the pool for most of a month or a couple of weeks, the gas bill is about $1400/month.
Currently the water temperature is 43 degrees Fahrenheit. It takes approximately 20 hours to bring from that area to 94 degrees-- that pre-heating is done on our dime so that it is extremely comfortable upon arrival.
To maintain that temperature, the heater runs 16 hours a day, thereafter. We make zero money on the heat "fee", it's just a necessary item in order to make it feasible. There are no homeowners that we have ever met, that heat their own pools, for that reason.
The gas bill that I spoke of does not include the electricity bill that also doubles due to the pump running 16 hours a day and mostly at peak hour electric rates.

The add on fees are always such a bummer when renting as you are, and we fully understand this. We rent homes too, but completely understand why it's necessary. I will look at my rules as far as time of year rates for the heat, as I typically drop it to half once the ambient temperature starts climbing.

Please tell me whom you booked through, as some of the providers are NOT following my rules and are charging incorrectly.

Thank you for understanding and look forward to your reply on which platform you booked through.

Please feel free to reach out via phone if you have any questions or further concerns.

Thank you,
dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:44 pm

Might have missed this - been absent from the board lately. But (a) I'm super excited for the first game of ST today, and (b) are any of you all going to be there?

Go M's!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:51 pm

Big_Maple wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:44 pm
Might have missed this - been absent from the board lately. But (a) I'm super excited for the first game of ST today, and (b) are any of you all going to be there?

Go M's!
No we are going Mid March. 14th-21st for me. We still have a bed for you.
dt