QB Anthony Richardson
19%
CB Devon Witherspoon
No votes
Edge/OLB Tyree Wilson
11%
Edge/DE Myles Murphy
No votes
Trade Down (Please feel free to write-in your TD pick)
11%

Total votes: 27

SeattleAddict

Re: Who's Your Pick At #5

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:56 pm

ddraig wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:14 pm
Was listening to the radio this AM on my way in to work. The guys there were saying that the Hawks have, at times, overlooked "red flags" on certain players. They mentioned Frank Clark, Bruce Irvin, and our favorite, Malik McDowell. All were major personality risks. Two of the three worked out pretty well. Both Clark and Irvin were fairly good. But what do all three have in common? D-Linemen. So a track record on two out of three may warrant taking a chance. If Carter can learn and play well alongside Reed and Jones, we may have the potential to rival the 49er D-Line.
Clark and McDowell were 2nd round picks, though - a lot different than #5 overall. I don't remember Irvin having character concerns. I remember him just being a reach because he wasn't that good, but it's been a minute so if you tell me there were character issues I'll take your word for it. One other thing they had in common was talent. McDowell turned out horribly, but he was a good player coming out of college.

Carter makes me nervous. He's the most talented football player in the draft, but the red flags are waving pretty damn hard. I'd absolutely risk the #20 pick, but #5 needs to be a home run.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:06 pm

The Seahawks are sending a heck of an entourage to the Ohio State pro-day today. I suspect they’ll all be on a bit of a road trip. It’s Alabama tomorrow (Bryce Young) and Kentucky on Friday (Will Levis). On March 30th, it’ll be Florida and Anthony Richardson.

You’ve got to do due-diligence on these players. There are four quarterbacks slated to go early. You pick fifth. It’s no big secret you’re considering taking one at #5 and nobody would believe the Seahawks if they suggested they weren’t considering it. Go and get the intel. Compare and contrast.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:13 pm

While he's obviously the main attraction, there's a lot more to watch at Ohio State than Stroud - Paris Johnson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Dawand Jones, Luke Wypler, Ronnie Hickman, and probably some lower ranked guys are all worth watching.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:24 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:13 pm
While he's obviously the main attraction, there's a lot more to watch at Ohio State than Stroud - Paris Johnson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Dawand Jones, Luke Wypler, Ronnie Hickman, and probably some lower ranked guys are all worth watching.
Absolutely. I suspect Seattle has some interest in a majority of these players.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:46 pm

Anderson Please!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:23 pm

The Draft contest is going to be absolutely Epic here.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:32 pm

Draft projection from NFL.com. And they have Carter going to the Lions at #6.

gonzalez.png
gonzalez.png (55.46 KiB) Viewed 180 times

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:18 am

Athletic mocks Jalen Carter to the Hawks after the attempt at selling being interested in a QB fails
"If the board falls this way, the Seahawks will likely attempt to trade down, which is what I tried to do in this mock. There weren’t any takers, which might be the case on draft night if a team like Las Vegas feels Seattle and Detroit are uninterested in drafting quarterbacks. So Seattle selects the best player available at a position of need — if Carter passes what amounts to a background check because of the concerns that have emerged during the pre-draft process."

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:21 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:32 pm

gonzalez.png
That's is my pick as well!
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:50 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:32 pm

gonzalez.png
Seattle taking a corner at 5??? This has to be the most obtuse take of all time. Seattle focused on the secondary last year with huge results. They added another piece in free agency. Suggesting they are going to invest MORE cap space - first round $$$ - in an area that is already a major strength - while ignoring the biggest weakness on the team - the front seven - is bordering on retarded. An improved front seven will make the back end even better by greatly improving run support which will reduce that stresser on the back end - and an upgraded pass rush will shorten plays and make QB's release faster or get sacked. Unless this guy writes for The Onion and this is meant to be parody - he's a complete idiot. I always wonder if these people even bother to think this shit through. How in the hell can he possibly come to this conclusion? If seattle made this pick I would be legit furious. No way in hell JS does this.