Maui Wildfires and Mr. Empathy

Donn Beach

Re: Maui Wildfires and Mr. Empathy

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:49 am

If he didn't vote for him then I stand corrected

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 am

Trump mentioned Floods. Obviously inappropriate but I don't remember a single life lost vs. an entire town of 10,000 people burnt to the ground with over 10% of the population being incinerated beyond recognition. Feels a bit different different to me....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:08 am

Trump is back on X formerly Twitter. lol

[tweet]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump[/tweet]
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:12 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 am
Trump mentioned Floods. Obviously inappropriate but I don't remember a single life lost vs. an entire town of 10,000 people burnt to the ground with over 10% of the population being incinerated beyond recognition. Feels a bit different different to me....
Yeah, flooding is more routine, that's why trump was complaining about the press covering it instead of his Nobel peace prize nomination. It wasn't astounding, more funny, typical trump. The guy lacks empathy, just a fact. Again, complaining about empathy and tolerating trump's lack seems inconsistent to me

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:02 am

I don't want to debate if Biden has empathy or not. But I would find it hard to imagine going through his tragedy and not at least trying to connect with others that have lost loved ones. Not to mention losing Beau

After speaking at the Lahaina civic center
He also greeted many personally, spending nearly two hours there to offer hugs and condolences.

Speech he gave in 2012 on grief
https://youtu.be/GwZ6UfXm410?si=hVOh2dtq-mRwLOjE
Last edited by Donn Beach on Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:34 am

Trump has shown empathy at times, thinking it tends to be things that aren't publicized, genuine moments. He tends to struggle at it at official empathy moments. It's probably in large part insecurity. He tends to blunder into self promotion. He bragged about the size of his crowds to grieving families of a mass murder. He promoted his hats on a tour of devastated New Orleans

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:22 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:12 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 am
Yeah, flooding is more routine, that's why trump was complaining about the press covering it instead of his Nobel peace prize nomination. It wasn't astounding, more funny, typical trump. The guy lacks empathy, just a fact. Again, complaining about empathy and tolerating trump's lack seems inconsistent to me
And if/when Obama got any nomination to any nationally recognized prize, he was the lead story on the news [for days].
And you don't see the difference?
Par for the course with you.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:22 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:34 am
Trump has shown empathy at times, thinking it tends to be things that aren't publicized, genuine moments. He tends to struggle at it at official empathy moments. It's probably in large part insecurity. He tends to blunder into self promotion. He bragged about the size of his crowds to grieving families of a mass murder. He promoted his hats on a tour of devastated New Orleans
When he got the word that RBG died, he had a very nice moment. But you probably don't remember that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:56 pm

Where the reporter tells him? Yeah, I think that kinda fits my model, caught off guard, a private moment that happened to be filmed. It's when he has an audience I think he feels compelled to bring things around to being about him

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:05 pm

Trump is a self-centered megalomaniac.
Everyone knows this.

But his policies are better than any other politicians because he is a business man, NOT A POLITICIAN.

The swamp never wanted him.
The first 18 months in office he fought with both sides of the isle.
The next 12 months he was able to get things accomplished once the Republicans got in line.
Then the last 18 months he fought off two bogus impeachments.

Just think what our economy could have been if he had a full 48 months will full Republican support.

Do I like him.....Fuck NO.
Is he good for the country.......Fuck YES.

In the debates, they labeled him the most hated politician in the country. I believe they were half right as he is also the most popular politician in the country.

He is what he is. He is the only President in my lifetime to try to follow through with his campaign promises.....and that means something to me.

A vote for Biden is a vote for Harris in this next Presidential election....and this country cannot endure 5-6 years of Joe then put up with her shit for another 2 or 3.