Donn Beach

Re: Bob's grades

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:37 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:07 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:25 pm
The incredibly unimaginative run game floors me
The incredibly unimaginative everything floors me. And I think Donn is right when he says that Carroll doesn't want to offer anything of value to the press. Although he will unabashedly tell anyone who will listen (including the opposition) that he wants to run the ball. :lol:

I also think Michael is correct when he says that Pete threw away the dynasty. At the very least, a potential one. It's unfortunate.
Pete isn't about imagination, Pete is about preparation and production. This isn't about defending Pete but I think the criticism is off target, or perhaps the solution. They had plenty of success with walker last season running between the tackles, so what's wrong this season? For me it's about execution. It isn't coming up with fancier plays, it's executing the ones you have properly

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:53 pm

The interior O line, other than Bradford, sucks at run blocking and Bradford was out vs the Ravens. They shouldn't be trying to impose their will running it between the tackles. If Carroll wants to do that then they need to draft the best interior lineman available with their 1st rounder next year. Lewis and Haynes don't cut it, and i'm not sure Evan Brown does either.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:00 pm

They have given it up haven't they?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:00 pm
They have given it up haven't they?
They traded the 2nd rounder.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:15 pm

I realize they need a QB, but who's going to be left in the mid to late 1st round? Either improve the interior O line or stop trying to impose your will in the run game.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:26 pm

I don't believe all hope is lost, again, they managed it last season. Just not sure the answer is different plays

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:27 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:15 pm
I realize they need a QB, but who's going to be left in the mid to late 1st round? Either improve the interior O line or stop trying to impose your will in the run game.
There are ways to run the ball without trying to shove it up the Guard and Center’s ass. We just stopped doing it. No clue why, and no real reason why other than that’s just what they want to do.

With Geno this team won’t win without a run game, and the run game ain’t gonna happen if they continue to have the imagination of a 7th grade coach running the Wing T.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:28 pm

Maybe Penix, if you believe the mocks. That said, them trading away the second tells me they plan on trading back, and even if they don’t? I don’t think they use the only pick they have in the first two days of the draft on a QB that probably won’t start right away. But I could be wrong.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:06 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:37 pm
For me it's about execution. It isn't coming up with fancier plays, it's executing the ones you have properly
But to execute plays properly, don't you have to work with what the opposition is giving you? Meaning, you can't just impose your will on a team, you have to execute according to what might work given the defense that you're facing. Am I correct in saying this? Or completely off base?

I think this could be tied to PC's unwillingness to adapt. ?
Last edited by douche on Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:09 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:28 pm
Maybe Penix, if you believe the mocks. That said, them trading away the second tells me they plan on trading back, and even if they don’t? I don’t think they use the only pick they have in the first two days of the draft on a QB that probably won’t start right away. But I could be wrong.
think lock is next man up if they give up on smith. That's why they traded for him and why he's still around. They could grab a guy in the draft but I don't think it be where they had to commit to starting him