JSN Rising

Cascade Kid

JSN Rising

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:31 pm

JSN over his last three games has produced 13 Rec, 162 yards, and 2TDs. This while playing against two of the best pass defenses in the NFL. Taking a moment to live in the world of 'small sample sizes', if JSN were to sustain this three game production throughout a full season his slash would be 74rec/918yds/11tds. He's having an incredible run over that timeframe given his start. It's great to see him blooming into the WR we all thought he would become.

Michael K.

Re: JSN Rising

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:22 pm

Just over 900 yards in 17 games, IMO, is the problem. Odd that a guy with his skill set isn’t used down field at all. Of course? 900 is a lot of yards for a #3. Still, I’d like to see them stretch the field. Maybe the line just can’t hold up long enough for that to happen?

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:30 pm

Geno is blitzed an average number of times statistically, facing 71 blitzes so far this year. He has remained in the pocket for an average of 2.4 seconds which is about average for an NFL QB in 2023. And he's been sacked 18 times this year which is around average for an NFL QB in 2023. But, he's been hurried 33 times which ranks him 4th as QBs hurried the most in 2023 (Mahomes is the most hurried QB in 2023).

Statistically Geno seems to be holding up fairly well in the pocket given that the OL has trouble maintaining the pocket against an average defensive rush, thus pressuring Geno 33 times under an average number of blitzes so far this season. But objectively, is being hurried 1.2 times more per game than an average NFL QB in 2023 the real reason Geno has suffered at times? I don't think so.

Geno is spending an average amount of time in the pocket which is enough time for WRs to hit their breaks and defenses to respond. I just think he isn't always seeing the entire field to understand what is given to him. He does well when playing within the script of the first few series, but afterward he seems to have a bit of trouble with anticipating the defense.

I do really love seeing JSN's confidence go up and up. He's going to be a difference maker on offense if this team can get its shit together in the 2nd half of the season. I'm hopeful Lucas returns later next week and gets ready to play. This could help the confidence of the RBs, OL and Geno when he does return.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:48 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:31 pm
JSN over his last three games has produced 13 Rec, 162 yards, and 2TDs. This while playing against two of the best pass defenses in the NFL. Taking a moment to live in the world of 'small sample sizes', if JSN were to sustain this three game production throughout a full season his slash would be 74rec/918yds/11tds. He's having an incredible run over that timeframe given his start. It's great to see him blooming into the WR we all thought he would become.
Good to see but that early drop was a momentum changer...
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:53 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:30 pm
I'm hopeful Lucas returns later next week and gets ready to play. This could help the confidence of the RBs, OL and Geno when he does return.
Most of what you said makes complete sense, but I truly don't think the O Line is the biggest issue. It's Geno and the play calling. I don't see Lucas changing that. They like shoving the ball up the Center's ass on first and second down and seem to thinkfacing third and long is just fine. I don't know why, but since they refuse to adjust to that I have to assume it's what they want.

Abe isn't going to change that. Fuck, maybe if we made an effort to run outside I'd think adding a Tackle will help, but the only thing at this moment that I think would help is a brain transplant for the QB and OC, and for the HC to finally have enough of the shit he is watching. Which, for some reason, he seems to be just fine with this offense.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:55 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:53 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
I'm hopeful Lucas returns later next week and gets ready to play. This could help the confidence of the RBs, OL and Geno when he does return.
Most of what you said makes complete sense, but I truly don't think the O Line is the biggest issue. It's Geno and the play calling. I don't see Lucas changing that. They like shoving the ball up the Center's ass on first and second down and seem to thinkfacing third and long is just fine. I don't know why, but since they refuse to adjust to that I have to assume it's what they want.

Abe isn't going to change that. Fuck, maybe if we made an effort to run outside I'd think adding a Tackle will help, but the only thing at this moment that I think would help is a brain transplant for the QB and OC, and for the HC to finally have enough of the shit he is watching. Which, for some reason, he seems to be just fine with this offense.
:lol: You have a way with words, brother!! lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:55 pm

It has literally been what watching them try to run the ball looks like. Maddening as shit. Walker averaged 4.6 per carry last year. I realize that is boosted by some games against bad run defenses, and some real big runs where he changed directions and made lemonade out of lemons, but for him to average 1.8 per carry against Baltimore? 2.5 per carry against Detroit? 3.3 per carry against Cincy? It honestly is like they just call the most basic dive play just so they can claim they made an effort...now it's Geno time! And the Goal Line is worse. Deep shotgun handoff into a stacked line...oh shit, it didn't work? WTF?

Waldron is fucking dumb ass, and Pete pisses me off for not getting it. This team needs to run the football, and I have zero faith we will be able to with the guys making decisions.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:01 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:55 pm

It has literally been what watching them try to run the ball looks like. Maddening as shit. Walker averaged 4.6 per carry last year. I realize that is boosted by some games against bad run defenses, and some real big runs where he changed directions and made lemonade out of lemons, but for him to average 1.8 per carry against Baltimore? 2.5 per carry against Detroit? 3.3 per carry against Cincy? It honestly is like they just call the most basic dive play just so they can claim they made an effort...now it's Geno time! And the Goal Line is worse. Deep shotgun handoff into a stacked line...oh shit, it didn't work? WTF?

Waldron is fucking dumb ass, and Pete pisses me off for not getting it. This team needs to run the football, and I have zero faith we will be able to with the guys making decisions.
I know it. Not rocket science. I mean we are not asking for double reverse flea flickers. How about run outside instead of into a brick wall over and over and over! An what happened to the fake hand off and then naked bootleg with the throw to a wide open TE. That play works 100% of the time for a 20+ yard game and then NEVER do it any more. Insanity!!!
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:53 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying that the OL is the biggest issue. But the return of a primary starting OL tackle will have impact. Perhaps this tallies into 1 or 2 extra first down conversions because there are less hurries. Or more effective pulling power plays. Or more effective up field blocking schemes. This is why it 'could help' the confidence on the offensive side of the ball.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:08 pm
How about run outside instead of into a brick wall over and over and over! An what happened to the fake hand off and then naked bootleg with the throw to a wide open TE. That play works 100% of the time for a 20+ yard game and then NEVER do it any more. Insanity!!!
Agreed.