Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

D-train

Re: Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:03 pm

This is Geno's 15th season being a major college QB or NFL QB and he doesn't have the sense to not call a run up the middle in that situation??? Not a smart man.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:06 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:22 pm
“It would have been a really good call if we would have made it,”
So... kinda like the botched SB call?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:30 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:06 pm
I think shit like this is a big part of the reason I just don't like Pete anymore.

1. We had a good gameplan if they would have just run the ball.
2. That would have been a great play if it worked.
3. We had a chance to win late and really that's all you can ask.

There are a million more I am sure, but he wouldn't say that kind of bullshit anywhere but here. He won his ring, he can do whatever the fuck he wants from now on, as was evident by Always ComPete going out the window when some players and most coaches needed to be held accountable. By shittping guys like Golden Tate off because Russ didn't want him here anymore. By pissing off the entire team by never holding Russ or Bevell accountable for second and goal. But I think mostly just his fucking antics that grow old.

For once, come out after a loss and own it. Not the sunshine and lollipop BS that is always spewed. Yesterday was a debacle. The play calling on third down was atrocious and so was the clock management. As for the penalties? Jesus, what a joke. Same old shit, and same old excuses.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:52 pm

Reminded me of going to Disneyland and sitting through It's a Small World. All the jaws clacking at the same time singing the exact same words they have been since 1966.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:02 pm

In the last seven games the Seahawks have scored three touchdowns in the 2nd halves. Either they are playing differently (i.e. more conservatively) in 2nd halves or they are consistently losing the battle of making half-time adjustments. Either way, it points to a deficit in coaching.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:04 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:02 pm
In the last seven games the Seahawks have scored three touchdowns in the 2nd halves. Either they are playing differently (i.e. more conservatively) in 2nd halves or they are consistently losing the battle of making half-time adjustments. Either way, it points to a deficit in coaching.
Playing differently in 2nd halves, or just didn't play? I posed the question in another thread... what would this team be capable of if they played an ENTIRE game of football?

Consistently losing the battle of making half-time adjustments... my question... what adjustments?

As Michael stated, 'Same old shit and same old excuses'.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:15 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:30 pm
douche wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:06 pm
I think shit like this is a big part of the reason I just don't like Pete anymore.

1. We had a good gameplan if they would have just run the ball.
2. That would have been a great play if it worked.
3. We had a chance to win late and really that's all you can ask.

There are a million more I am sure, but he wouldn't say that kind of bullshit anywhere but here. He won his ring, he can do whatever the fuck he wants from now on, as was evident by Always ComPete going out the window when some players and most coaches needed to be held accountable. By shittping guys like Golden Tate off because Russ didn't want him here anymore. By pissing off the entire team by never holding Russ or Bevell accountable for second and goal. But I think mostly just his fucking antics that grow old.

For once, come out after a loss and own it. Not the sunshine and lollipop BS that is always spewed. Yesterday was a debacle. The play calling on third down was atrocious and so was the clock management. As for the penalties? Jesus, what a joke. Same old shit, and same old excuses.
Agreed. The reality is this... Hands down, SEA is the most fun team to play for in the entire league. The players love PC, which is great. But coaches have shelf lives, and Pete's about due. That's just reality. He's been with them since 2010.

I just wonder who replaces him. Tough decision for the Seahawks brass when the time comes.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:38 pm

ddraig wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:52 pm
Reminded me of going to Disneyland and sitting through It's a Small World. All the jaws clacking at the same time singing the exact same words they have been since 1966.
By FAR my least fav ride. Disneyland's first foray into Globalism! lol
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:56 pm

My dad wanted to take his grandson on It's A Small World a number of years ago. So I grinned and went with him. Not only did the kid sleep through the entire ride, but I was bored out of my mind and sat in the boat and counted the number of times they sang, "It's a small world after all'. 66 times. It was complete torture.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:27 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:56 pm
My dad wanted to take his grandson on It's A Small World a number of years ago. So I grinned and went with him. Not only did the kid sleep through the entire ride, but I was bored out of my mind and sat in the boat and counted the number of times they sang, "It's a small world after all'. 66 times. It was complete torture.
The only reason I liked it the last time I was there was because it was incredibly unseasonably warm and humid out, and that ride had shade! Otherwise? It sucks.