Final Rankings for CFP

Michael K.

Re: Final Rankings for CFP

Post by Michael K. » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:13 pm
How ironic that BYU was handed a Natty because they were undefeated and FSU didn't even make the final 4 despite being undefeated...
The NCAA is like that! LOL

The thing is, the very reason BYU didn't deserve to be the National Champions is kind of why FSU isn't getting a shot. BUT, at least FSU would have had to prove it on the field. I posted it in here one time, but someone broke down every game BYU played that year, and it was an absolute embarassment. The computer ranked them something like outside of the top 30 on the year...but a bunch of dipshit writers saw a zero in the loss column and that was all it took. Complete Joke.

I realize that the Pac 12 fucked up, and don't even get me started on them voting down a $30 million per school offer from ESPN. BUT, if the NCAA wasn't a fucking jokeshow, things would have been much easier on the Pac. I am still amazed at the job of getting kids to come here that some of these coaches have done. They haven't sent a team to the playoffs since the Huskies in what, 2016? USC flirted with it last year, but other than that? Maybe when Herbert was at Oregon did the Conference have a chance?

Some of that is because they lost critical OOC games, but some of it is because it is a tough conference and going undefeated is VERY hard. You don't have the luxory of missing as many Conference foes as the Big and SEC do. The fact that Alabama and Georgia didn't play during the regular season this year is not a fluke, if you ask me. How many times is the SEC Championship a rematch? Not often at all. They set it up that way. Had Oregon won? I think they are in...but it sure would have left the door open for the committee to decide that FSU, Texas and Bama should join Michigan. That doesn't happen in the SEC because not only are there so many teams that they barely play over half the conference, but they make sure that is possible by playing one less conference game and scheduling St Mary's Catholic school for Nuns instead. In fricking November! Nice little built in bye week for these fuckers in the South.

I wish Bama would have been left out just so I could watch Feinbaum's head explode!

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:32 pm

Yeah just saw some guy on facebook saying that the SEC is so good that it cannibalizes itself. Read him the riot act on the 8 conference games and the fact that the bottom of their league is putrid. This is the first time since they went to 12 teams that a Pac team came through unscathed. Colorado and WSU were both ranked in the top 25 after the non conference schedule and finished in 12th and 11th place in the PAC. The Pac is easily the deepest conference top to bottom.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:26 pm

For years the Pac 12 has cannibalized itself. We have said it, the sports writers have said it, hell even ESPN has said this for years. So now with only 1 SEC team in the playoff this moron is taking our excuse (that I am sure he discounted at the time) and using it to prop up the SEC.
Pathetic!!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:57 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:32 pm
Yeah just saw some guy on facebook saying that the SEC is so good that it cannibalizes itself. Read him the riot act on the 8 conference games and the fact that the bottom of their league is putrid. This is the first time since they went to 12 teams that a Pac team came through unscathed. Colorado and WSU were both ranked in the top 25 after the non conference schedule and finished in 12th and 11th place in the PAC. The Pac is easily the deepest conference top to bottom.
This got me thinking, so I looked it up. If wiki is accurate, since 2000, Bama and Georgia have played 12 times. Not terrible, until you look and see that exactly half of those games were playoff games. Meaning? They have literally only been scheduled to play each other six times in 24 years! In that same time frame...the Huskies have played the Trojans 16 times! Six to sixteen. But yeah, the SEC beats up on each other. What a crock of shit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:42 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:31 pm

Literally brought a tear to me eye:
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:31 pm
Literally brought a tear to me eye:
Love it! Thanks DT.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:22 pm

Anyone have the lowdown on this guy????
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:35 pm

Transfer from Souix Falls (Deboer's old team). Had 11 Sacks in 11 games for them. His transfer got held up because he had previously been enrolled at North Dakota State and you have to sit out a calendar year before you can make a second transfer. His teammates say he is a beast in practice. I guess we will find out.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:40 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:35 pm
Transfer from Souix Falls (Deboer's old team). Had 11 Sacks in 11 games for them. His transfer got held up because he had previously been enrolled at North Dakota State and you have to sit out a calendar year before you can make a second transfer. His teammates say he is a beast in practice. I guess we will find out.
Thanks! Good stuff.
dt