Zorn - undrafted
Krieg - undrafted
Kitna - undrafted
Hasselbeck - 6th rounder
Jackson - 2nd rounder
Wilson - 3rd rounder
Smith - 2nd rounder
Lock - 2nd rounder

Hell, even Moon was undrafted (but he's an anomaly and wasn't drafted for reasons we won't get into).

Mirer was their only 1st round pick at the position and we all know how that turned out.

We can talk about our dream QBs all day long but my point is that I really don't see Carroll & Co. drafting/trading for a 1st round quarterback. Not as long as PC is running the show.

i totally disagree. Remember just a few short seasons ago we found out about the Cringeruss meltdown when he found out JS was scouting QB's - you know, like a good GM is supposed to do. Schneider is always looking to improve, upgrade, find value - always. Carroll has no say in this matter anymore - in fact - we seem to be long past the 'should they or shouldn't they' phase and have moved into the 'when' phase of the next QB for Seattle. It's not Geno and it's not Lock - this is a decent class for QB's - I fully expect them to pull the trigger on someone. Couple that pick with another strong draft class and this team is well positioned for the future. Schneider takes swings, he takes chances, and he evaluates well, there is no reason he would pull the trigger - and I expect him to. It's time, we're past the point of debating it. The QB room needs upgrading - it's not an opinion anymore it's just a fact. I don't think he'll reach - but he could surprise us - I will be shocked if they don't address it this draft. They need a young gun to go along with this young roster. Let him/her (heheh) get tutored by Geno if need be - but the next wave is coming and I do not see Lock being the guy. Also, the history of seattle QB's is irrelevent to this current administration. Cool data, but it matter not to this team's current status.

D-train

Re: Drew's Team Now for the rest of 23?

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:34 pm

Yeah agree they might take one in the first round and it is actually more likely in 2024. The "they have never done it so they never will" argument went out the window with them taking a CB this last draft.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:34 pm
Yeah agree they might take one in the first round and it is actually more likely in 2024. The "they have never done it so they never will" argument went out the window with them taking a CB this last draft.
Like I said, they might not have done it, but they have always been in on them. They just haven't been able to work out the trade to move up, or the guys available weren't worth the spot they were picking in. It's kind of like the long armed CB debate. It's only a thing, until it isn't.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:54 pm

I'd be shocked if they weren't heavily in on most if not all the big name prospects. If there's ever a year to go big on a franchise caliber type QB it's this year. It may not be Caleb but the rest are definitely in play.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:47 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:24 pm
douche wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:22 pm
Seahawks QBs:

Zorn - undrafted
Krieg - undrafted
Kitna - undrafted
Hasselbeck - 6th rounder
Jackson - 2nd rounder
Wilson - 3rd rounder
Smith - 2nd rounder
Lock - 2nd rounder

Hell, even Moon was undrafted (but he's an anomaly and wasn't drafted for reasons we won't get into).

Mirer was their only 1st round pick at the position and we all know how that turned out.

We can talk about our dream QBs all day long but my point is that I really don't see Carroll & Co. drafting/trading for a 1st round quarterback. Not as long as PC is running the show.

i totally disagree. Remember just a few short seasons ago we found out about the Cringeruss meltdown when he found out JS was scouting QB's - you know, like a good GM is supposed to do. Schneider is always looking to improve, upgrade, find value - always. Also, the history of seattle QB's is irrelevent to this current administration. Cool data, but it matter not to this team's current status.
Of course JS is scouting, but I've yet to see them draft or trade for a first round QB (and to clarify, I'm not implying that they should). Every GM in the league window shops. But to my knowledge, everything football in SEA has to be approved by Carroll.

And yes, history is irrelevant, but it's all we've got. Which is why nobody can predict the stock market.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:10 pm

douche wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:47 pm
auroraave wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:24 pm
douche wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:22 pm
Seahawks QBs:

Zorn - undrafted
Krieg - undrafted
Kitna - undrafted
Hasselbeck - 6th rounder
Jackson - 2nd rounder
Wilson - 3rd rounder
Smith - 2nd rounder
Lock - 2nd rounder

i totally disagree. Remember just a few short seasons ago we found out about the Cringeruss meltdown when he found out JS was scouting QB's - you know, like a good GM is supposed to do. Schneider is always looking to improve, upgrade, find value - always. Also, the history of seattle QB's is irrelevent to this current administration. Cool data, but it matter not to this team's current status.
Of course JS is scouting, but I've yet to see them draft or trade for a first round QB (and to clarify, I'm not implying that they should). Every GM in the league window shops. But to my knowledge, everything football in SEA has to be approved by Carroll.

And yes, history is irrelevant, but it's all we've got. Which is why nobody can predict the stock market.
Yes, taking a selfie with a QB(s) doesn't not = in on them.... That whole charade was basically a fun guys trip because they could. lol
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:44 am

The Hawks look at it as an opportunity not only to scout for the draft but also to scout for guys who may come available down the line through trade or free agency.

trharder

Post by trharder » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:48 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:54 pm
I'd be shocked if they weren't heavily in on most if not all the big name prospects. If there's ever a year to go big on a franchise caliber type QB it's this year. It may not be Caleb but the rest are definitely in play.
One win at home against the slumping Eagles with a Hurts sick and now Pete is safe as can be? The four game losing streak was
nothing to worry about? We are just a QB away?

If Pete is untouchable, he will be allowed to draft a 1st round QB, but if Pete is not long for this job, the new guy should be able to pick their QB.
Think about it.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:51 am

Gametime wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:52 pm
douche wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:59 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:42 pm

I love me some Jake Browning but I feel like his fit is very scheme specific. I don't think he'd survive the way the Hawks try to play football on offense.
Then change the offense. Or create one.

Do you draft/acquire a guy to fit your existing offense? Or do you draft/acquire a guy and build your offense around him?

I'm sure Carroll has an answer.
Pete wants to be a running heavy team. But have Dk, Tyler and Jaxon??? Let’s not fit to talent.
That's what gets repeated but the fact is they run very little, they really don't run enough, why seems a mystery. But even if you are run heavy you want great receivers. Passing is always going to be a significant aspect to any modern offense

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:55 am

Gametime wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:55 pm
Draft Cross and Abe who were air raid tackles. And have 3 stud receivers and still want to be run heavy.

Great plan.

Or become another team. Have YAC type WRs and awesome receiving back and a yac TE and build an offense. To match (the Niners).

Pete is Pete.
They don't run heavy, they are sixth in terms of percentage of pass plays in the NFL