Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

D-train

Re: Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:31 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:18 am
Maybe he'll be DeBoer's replacement at Alabama after they can him in a couple years. :idea:
Which would mean Alabama would no longer be a desirable place to go.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:04 pm

In a 135 years of husky football four coaches have leveraged the position into another job, Gil Dobie, Darrell Royal, Steve sarkisian and Kalen DeBoer. I'm sure now it's going to become a stepping stone to all sorts of other programs around the country

Dobie was the dude, went on to coach Navy
Dobie achieved his greatest success at the University of Washington in Seattle, where he had a 58–0–3 record as a head coach. During his tenure, Washington had a forty-game winning streak, which is the second longest in NCAA Division I-A/FBS history. His coaching career at Washington also comprised virtually all of Washington's 64-game unbeaten streak — still a college football record.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:58 pm

Honestly all the hand wringing and pearl clutching by Husky fans reminds me of a Jr. high girl that was "deeply in love" until her boyfriend left her for another girl. Now a new boy likes her but oh my goodness he just broke up with another girl before asking her out. Even though his previous girlfriend was his first ever GF she is CONVINCED he will leave her the first chance he gets. lol So pathetic.
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:27 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:31 am
AZOldDawg wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:57 am
Good hire. Now we see about the rebuild
What is the general sentiment about him down there. I assume you are surrounded by at least a few AZ fans???
You don't hear anything Arizona out here in the west end. 80 % snowbirds

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:48 pm

Or it’s a cautionary tale? I would throw into Donn’s list Slick Rick, since he tried to leverage UW into another job, but it got his ass fired. The grass hasn’t been greener. It took Sark how many years to crawl out? If DeBoer moves on, and isn’t a smashing success, Bama will can his ass. The shine will then be off. The guy that couldn’t lose anywhere will become the guy that couldn’t even win at Bama!

IMO, there are two jobs in the Country no one would leave. Georgia and Bama. What pisses me off the most about this, besides how gross college football is now? Is that this seems to have all been orchestrated by the agent who represents all these coaches. Also? Fuck Bama. If they actually interviewed DeBoer while he was supposed to be prepping for a NC Game, and before Saban even announced he was leaving? Fuck them, can you imagine the outrage down South if the roles were reversed!?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:25 pm

I predict Alabama goes 9-3 next regular season and misses the playoffs and DeBoer's balls in a noose in year 1.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (28.96 KiB) Viewed 214 times
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:51 pm

Haha, they play Georgia in that bullshit SEC schedule like once every five years, and KDB gets them year 1!? Sorry, I don’t think Oklahoma beats them, and LSU wasn’t very good on defense last year and win games because if the QB and WRs. Aren’t they all gone?

I think he’ll lose two. Just not sure what the other one will be. That isn’t that tough if a schedule, TBH.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:26 pm

Missouri, Tennessee were ranked teams, Georgia, Oklahoma, doesn't look like an easy schedule

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:47 pm

Article about it, his ability to recruit is still a question
There’s an easy game to circle: DeBoer’s SEC debut at home against Georgia on Sept. 28. A win there could spark a run to the top of the conference and set DeBoer’s tenure on a perfect track; even if against a fellow powerhouse, a loss could spell trouble.

Two weeks earlier, the Tide will travel to Wisconsin. Next season’s schedule also includes road trips to Tennessee, LSU and Oklahoma.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 210943007/

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:06 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:26 pm
Missouri, Tennessee were ranked teams, Georgia, Oklahoma, doesn't look like an easy schedule
Yep, I will keep us all posted on how the team that I didn't think I could possibly hate and worse does next season. :)
dt