Re: New HC thread

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:36 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:37 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:30 pm
I was being factious, there was a headline I miss read. Washington is no longer a clown car, new ownership. Along the lines of the Mets or dodgers no longer being clown cars
Ahh and like the Broncos. We'll see.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:22 pm

I'm not saying getting new ownership garrantees anything, but so far the Washington ownership has been making smart moves, like hiring Adam peters as the GM. Peters was the leagues hot target for a gm
Why did Peters pick Washington?
He had his choice of jobs, with the Los Angeles Chargers and Las Vegas Raiders also interested. But those interviews never occurred. And, last year, Tennessee and Arizona wanted him, but he rejected their overtures.

Peters was entrenched in San Francisco, with only coach Kyle Shanahan and president of football operations/general manager John Lynch ahead of him on the football side.

But the Commanders have a new owner, the No. 2 pick in the draft and five picks in the top 100 -- in addition to cap room. Plus, Peters is Washington's top football executive.

Multiple league sources pointed to Washington as one of the most -- if not the most -- attractive job openings after the franchise's ownership change. Multiple league sources cited Harris, the cap space and draft picks plus a market they view as having untapped potential following 24 years of erosion under former owner Dan Snyder.

"All of those things were so appealing to me," said Peters, who signed a five-year contract. "This was the best opportunity in my mind in the NFL."
Johnson could view things along the same lines

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:37 pm

When the Hawks hire Quinn, it will be interesting to see how many fans lose their fucking minds.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:31 pm

acctingman wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:37 pm
When the Hawks hire Quinn, it will be interesting to see how many fans lose their fucking minds.
They would have hired him already. If Johnson goes to Washington, MacDonald isn't going to turn down a HC job with us to remain a DC.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:46 pm

Agreed. I think the guy(s) Schneider is really interested in is/are still in the playoffs.

Although I suppose they could still end up hiring Quinn.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:52 pm

It's unfortunate that SEA never had the chance to interview Raheem Morris. Nothing but praise for this guy from around the league.

raheem.png
raheem.png (85.13 KiB) Viewed 335 times

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:19 am

ESPN analyst Field Yates still has a feeling that Quinn will eventually wind up in Seattle.

“It felt like just within hours of that announcement dropping, it was already ‘Dan Quinn to Seattle’ had generated a lot of steam,” Yates said via Seattle Sports’ Wyman and Bob. “And it’s logical in the sense that, of course, Dan knows pretty much everybody that’s been in the building for quite some time. He’s been a head coach himself so you kind of have an idea of what he can bring to the table, he’s a defensive-minded man, which of course is important for a team that I think right now is in really good shape offensively and just needs to really, really figure it out on defense. My general sense is that we’re still heading towards the Dan Quinn conclusion.”
That's pretty much my feeling. One reason to take their time finalizing it is to let the issue of his last game die down

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:32 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:36 pm
:lol:

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:35 am

Yeah at this point it's gotta be MacDonald, Slowik, or outside shot of Vrabel. To me at this point I've just basically penciled in Johnson to Washington.