New HC thread

D-train

Re: New HC thread

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:35 am

douche wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:52 pm
It's unfortunate that SEA never had the chance to interview Raheem Morris. Nothing but praise for this guy from around the league.

raheem.png
Do you not have internet access??? lol Personally I am elated we didn't hire a checked box with a 21-38 record.
According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, the Seahawks are working to set up second interviews with five different candidates.

That list includes Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, Las Vegas Raiders defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, New York Giants offensive coordinator Mike Kafka, Los Angeles Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris, and perhaps most notably, Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:37 am

douche wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:52 pm
It's unfortunate that SEA never had the chance to interview Raheem Morris. Nothing but praise for this guy from around the league.

raheem.png
So his former boss said nice things about him.... :roll:
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:38 am

Been meaning to post more of Peter King's comments. Think you guys go for Vrabel, he's sort of the opposite of PC's rah rah approach. He's more the Bill belichick

“There is not a more perfect match in this coaching season than Mike Vrabel and John Schneider with the Seattle Seahawks," King said on NFL on NBC. "Look, Pete Carroll, fantastic for that organization but in my opinion I think that one of the things that probably a lot of guys in that team in that organization, they just started rolling their eyes at the end about Pete Carroll and the cheerleader stuff.

“I don't think you're going to roll your eyes at Mike Vrabel because he's one of those guys from the Belichick school, you do it my way or it's the highway. John Schneider has proven over time that he can bring in the players, that he can go find a quarterback with the 75th pick. I love Mike Vrabel in Seattle and I think that would be a match made in heaven for the Seahawks.”
This from an article on the introduction of Brian Callihan and how he's different from Vrabel, huggy and feely. How about some fire raging from the head? Think the Hawks could use an kicker just about now
I don’t yet know Brian Callahan. But at first glance, he seems the furthest thing from Mike Vrabel the Titans could have found.

That was my takeaway from Callahan’s introductory news conference.

Maybe it was when he quoted Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool’s soccer manager. Maybe it was when he spoke about being demanding of players without “having fire rage from your head.” Maybe it was about his willingness to change what he wants to do as a coach if it’s not what players wanted, and how he’d even find that out: “You have to have those guys feel like they’re in a place where they can say what they need to say.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:39 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:35 am
Yeah at this point it's gotta be MacDonald, Slowik, or outside shot of Vrabel. To me at this point I've just basically penciled in Johnson to Washington.
If Johnson goes to Washington then yes I think its MacDonald. I think both Slowik and Vrabel are out or they would be hired by now.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:41 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:38 am
Been meaning to post more of Peter King's comments. Think you guys go for Vrabel, he's sort of the opposite of PC's rah rah approach. He's more the Bill belichick

“There is not a more perfect match in this coaching season than Mike Vrabel and John Schneider with the Seattle Seahawks," King said on NFL on NBC. "Look, Pete Carroll, fantastic for that organization but in my opinion I think that one of the things that probably a lot of guys in that team in that organization, they just started rolling their eyes at the end about Pete Carroll and the cheerleader stuff.

“I don't think you're going to roll your eyes at Mike Vrabel because he's one of those guys from the Belichick school, you do it my way or it's the highway. John Schneider has proven over time that he can bring in the players, that he can go find a quarterback with the 75th pick. I love Mike Vrabel in Seattle and I think that would be a match made in heaven for the Seahawks.”
This from an article on the introduction of Brian Callihan and how he's different from Vrabel, huggy and feely. How about some fire raging from the head? Think the Hawks could use an kicker just about now
I don’t yet know Brian Callahan. But at first glance, he seems the furthest thing from Mike Vrabel the Titans could have found.

That was my takeaway from Callahan’s introductory news conference.

Maybe it was when he quoted Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool’s soccer manager. Maybe it was when he spoke about being demanding of players without “having fire rage from your head.” Maybe it was about his willingness to change what he wants to do as a coach if it’s not what players wanted, and how he’d even find that out: “You have to have those guys feel like they’re in a place where they can say what they need to say.”
I wouldn't mind him at all. Had a long successful playing career which I think players would respect. Seems like a dude's dude as well.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:43 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:46 pm

Riddle me this though Batman. Why in the F would teams NOT be allowed to interview OCs and DCs that that had Byes (MacDonald) but are allowed to interview guys that didn't have byes like Slowik and Johnson?? How does that make sense???????? You would think it would be the opposite since the guys with byes would have two weeks to interview AND have time to prepare their squads. NFL is run by clowns. I've never been more convinced of this.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:06 pm

Belichick on Vrabel the player
“Mike was a very cerebral player, smart player, played inside linebacker for us when we needed him — which wasn’t often, but he could do it. He was the kind of guy that at practice would take reps at every position, free safety, strong safety, occasionally defensive line. If there was a certain player we were trying to replicate, he would jump in there and do that.

“It was competitive, especially with him and [Tom] Brady, quite entertaining at times, to be honest with you. Mike had a great personality, great love for the game, passionate, high energy, very strong. Mike’s really strong, physically strong player, handled the tackles, obviously could handle tight ends, good power rusher and had enough moves to go with it. His strength was his length and his power and his intelligence. He was a good tackler.”

“No surprise that he went into coaching, no surprise he’s been successful,” Belichick said. “Good, smart football player and coach, good fundamentals.”

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:49 pm

Being inducted into the Patriots HOF influenced his being fired
. “This was Amy Adams Strunk making the decision based on a lot of things,” NFL insider Ian Rapoport said about how Vrabel's conduct potentially impacted the Titans' decision. “Including what happened when he went to New England for the Hall of Fame thing, Including not dispelling rumors, in-house, that he was going to be Patriots coach. There was a lot there.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:05 pm

2nd interview today for this guy:
dt