Super Bowl

Donn Beach

Re: Super Bowl

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:36 pm

Interesting, yeah the coin flip didn't matter. And really isn't that what you want?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:42 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:36 pm
Interesting, yeah the coin flip didn't matter. And really isn't that what you want?
Yeah they have stumbled upon a perfect system. Pretty shocking really. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:42 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Had SF stopped the Chiefs and forced a FG, then won after converting a couple of first downs and making a long FG to win the Super Bowl? People would have bitched that the Chiefs deserved another shot. "They kicked two FGs in two possessions, the Chiefs only got one chance to answer, that's not fair." In the modern era, there is no such thing as perfect. Someone will bitch about everything.

I also thought putting ten minutes on the clock was pretty stupid. The Chiefs were going to get a possession, and the ten minutes didn't matter. Then? Had it still been tied? The game would have gone to sudden death. Were they planning on having another halftime if the game went that long? They certainly weren't planning on having the game end in a tie...what was the point of putting 10 minutes on the clock if it was going to expire and not even matter?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:43 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
Had SF stopped the Chiefs and forced a FG, then won after converting a couple of first downs and making a long FG to win the Super Bowl? People would have bitched that the Chiefs deserved another shot. "They kicked two FGs in two possessions, the Chiefs only got one chance to answer, that's not fair." In the modern era, there is no such thing as perfect. Someone will bitch about everything.

I also thought putting ten minutes on the clock was pretty stupid. The Chiefs were going to get a possession, and the ten minutes didn't matter. Then? Had it still been tied? The game would have gone to sudden death. Were they planning on having another halftime if the game went that long? They certainly weren't planning on having the game end in a tie...what was the point of putting 10 minutes on the clock if it was going to expire and not even matter?
Ha. Great point. I am only surprised there is almost no bitching that I have seen about the officials..
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:51 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:43 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:

Only reason to (btw it was 15 minutes) was to switch sides of the field after the 5th quarter.

An encore performance for Usher between the 6th and 7th quarters??? :lol:
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 pm

Ha. Great point. I am only surprised there is almost no bitching that I have seen about the officials..
Yeah, not a lot of complaining at all. The usually shit about too much T Swift, but if they are going to show Blake Lively? I'm all about that! LOL

There are a few clips flying around about the Chiefs holding, which they do a lot. The problem is? If someone showed similar clips when the Niners had the ball I doubt it would be much different.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:19 pm

Is this the most dead time of the year for Seattle sports? Seems like there isn't much going on besides College basketball and since there isn't a college hoops team worth following out here it leaves us with the Kraken, who have just picked up two losses following a 12 day break without a game. Nothing going on in Marinerland or Seahawkville now that all the coaching hires have been made.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:24 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:19 pm
Is this the most dead time of the year for Seattle sports? Seems like there isn't much going on besides College basketball and since there isn't a college hoops team worth following out here it leaves us with the Kraken, who have just picked up two losses following a 12 day break without a game. Nothing going on in Marinerland or Seahawkville now that all the coaching hires have been made.
Yeah it sucks. Worst month of the year by FAR. I don't care about the Kraken. The highlight of my Sports viewing this month was watching the Cougs beat the Ducks. They are actually going to make the Dance if they don't Coug it.

Tomorrow Pitchers and Catchers report to ST but the 1st game isn't until the 24th.... :cry:
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:02 am

As far as i can tell, Brock & Salk almost never talk about the Kraken and if they do it's for just a couple minutes
Even the hosts on KJR, the station that carries Kraken games, hardly discuss them ever. But this is definitely a hockey town lol.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:08 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:02 am
As far as i can tell, Brock & Salk almost never talk about the Kraken and if they do it's for just a couple minutes
Even the hosts on KJR, the station that carries Kraken games, hardly discuss them ever. But this is definitely a hockey town lol.
Fascinating. I don't even get how you talk about Hockey or Soccer. That guy skates fast or he is a real bruiser. 107 mph exit velo on that slap shot?

What is even discussed. They need to score more or the Goalie gives up too many goals?
dt