Re: The New Election Interference Strategy

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:23 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:16 am
bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:48 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:30 am

Even if there are no directly damaged parties, seems odd to hope that someone who has inflated their assets to save hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes and coax banks into giving the company loans/insurance just goes scott free... While nepotism and favors are handed out to politicians all the time (and it's not right), Trump's purposeful infractions are pretty f'n egregious. If you or I did things this way we'd be in prison.

Seems odd that a guy is a favorite to run for president when he's barred from engaging in business in New York moving forward due to fraud. Not to mention the hundreds of contractors that have come forward and said they were never paid for work done on his properties. 3,500 lawsuits... many of which from ordinary Americans who were stiffed by Trump. Many of these lawsuits getting tied up in court for years until small businesses can no longer keep up with the legal bills.

Isn't the whole point regarding "draining the swamp" making it so we're rid of people who are so rich that the rules don't apply to them? That everyone plays under the same rules? Not saying Dems are any better, but Trump is in the top 1% of the swamp. People like him should be in prison... no matter their political affiliation.
You sure you want to hop back to the politics forum you Subaru driving hippie??

How did he save millions in taxes by saying his properties were worth more than the judge thought they were worth? That one's new to me, and sounds counterintuitive. Wouldn't you pay more taxes if you inflate the value?

When you apply for a loan, you list your assets and your estimate of their value. Then the bank does their own due diligence, and if the value is there, they'll make the loan.

The banks testified on his behalf.

The first couple minutes of this video summarizes the situation pretty well:
.https://youtu.be/3lngHZFZkEw?si=w4J0g7oQFiEBBHPW
I drive a Jeep and am probably the furthest thing from a hippie... well aside from I guess like a farmer or someone from small-town America.

I want the swamp drained as much as the next person. It sucks to work hard and have it mean very little in the face of really rich people constantly committing fraud and scamming their way to more millions. The swamp will never be drained with Trump at the helm. He is among the swampiest of the swamp. I want the rules to be the same for everyone... and if it takes a Republican to do that, great... but it won't be Trump.

Tim Pool's analysis isn't going to convince me that Trump is an angel who does business legitimately. Guy makes a lot of money grifting... what reason could he ever have for taking a particular viewpoint? $$$$$
How did he save millions in taxes by saying his properties were worth more than the judge thought they were worth?

Tim Pool didn't give analysis, he just said what happened. (Granted I just listened to the first few minutes where he lays out the situation)

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:32 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:23 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:48 am

You sure you want to hop back to the politics forum you Subaru driving hippie??

How did he save millions in taxes by saying his properties were worth more than the judge thought they were worth? That one's new to me, and sounds counterintuitive. Wouldn't you pay more taxes if you inflate the value?

When you apply for a loan, you list your assets and your estimate of their value. Then the bank does their own due diligence, and if the value is there, they'll make the loan.

The banks testified on his behalf.

The first couple minutes of this video summarizes the situation pretty well:
.https://youtu.be/3lngHZFZkEw?si=w4J0g7oQFiEBBHPW
I drive a Jeep and am probably the furthest thing from a hippie... well aside from I guess like a farmer or someone from small-town America.

I want the swamp drained as much as the next person. It sucks to work hard and have it mean very little in the face of really rich people constantly committing fraud and scamming their way to more millions. The swamp will never be drained with Trump at the helm. He is among the swampiest of the swamp. I want the rules to be the same for everyone... and if it takes a Republican to do that, great... but it won't be Trump.

Tim Pool's analysis isn't going to convince me that Trump is an angel who does business legitimately. Guy makes a lot of money grifting... what reason could he ever have for taking a particular viewpoint? $$$$$
How did he save millions in taxes by saying his properties were worth more than the judge thought they were worth?

Tim Pool didn't give analysis, he just said what happened.
People aren't just ordered to pay $450 million because they're unliked.

There's just zero shot that you or anyone else believes the dude runs his businesses legitimately. Maybe there's some bias on the court side against him... hell I'll grant you that. But he's not following the rules and has done so to an egregious standard.

"And now here we are... New York is trying to strip Trump of his assets and resources... because he is the opposition party leader." That's a slanted analysis. You can believe that's what is happening, but that's an opinion.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:34 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:32 am
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

There's just zero shot that you or anyone else believes the dude runs his businesses legitimately. Maybe there's some bias on the court side against him... hell I'll grant you that. But he's not following the rules and has done so to an egregious standard.

"And now here we are... New York is trying to strip Trump of his assets and resources... because he is the opposition party leader." That's a slanted analysis. You can believe that's what is happening, but that's an opinion.
Your TDS hasn't gotten any better.

Making claims you can't/won't back up because your hatred of Trump is all you can see.

🤡

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:36 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:34 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
bpj wrote:

Making claims you can't/won't back up because your hatred of Trump is all you can see.

🤡
I don't like Trump.

He doesn't have a single redeeming quality in my eyes. Narcissist in the truest form. But here we sit again, another court decision that has gone against him and many more to follow... crazy how he keeps ending up here.

But he's done nothing wrong. An angel in the truest sense who Americans should all love and praise. Ya, no.

The only evidence I need is a court deciding he's defrauded the state of New York and owes $450 million... that's the only evidence Trump needs lol

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:40 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:36 am
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

🤡
I don't like Trump.

He doesn't have a single redeeming quality in my eyes. Narcissist in the truest form. But here we sit again, another court decision that has gone against him and many more to follow... crazy how he keeps ending up here.

But he's done nothing wrong. An angel in the truest sense who Americans should all love and praise. Ya, no.
🤣🤣🤣

Exactly, you just hate Trump. Should have just said that instead of acting like you knew what he'd done, because now your TDS was outed and on full display. Orange man bad!

🤡

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:41 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:40 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
bpj wrote:

🤡
I don't like Trump.

🤣🤣🤣

Exactly, you just hate Trump. Should have just said that instead of acting like you knew what he'd done, because now your TDS was outed and on full display. Orange man bad!

🤡
I mean he is bad.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue otherwise. He's just not a good person. The vast majority of people who have interacted with him and owe no allegiance to him have said as much.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:45 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:41 am
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

I don't like Trump.

🤣🤣🤣

🤡
I mean he is bad.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue otherwise. He's just not a good person. The vast majority of people who have interacted with him and owe no allegiance to him have said as much.
🤡
Attachments
Screenshot_20240219_214307_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240219_214307_Gallery.jpg (477.59 KiB) Viewed 134 times

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:49 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:45 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
bpj wrote:

🤣🤣🤣

🤡
I mean he is bad.

🤡
I like what Ben Shapiro has to say about him. He says he knows he's a shitty human but with him in office his views/goals politically are pushed forward so he votes for him. I wish Trump supporters could just come out and say it rather than defending his terrible character.

But pretending that Trump is a pleasant, humble, business man who does everything legitimately is just digging your head in the dirt. He was known for being a conman long before he decided to run for president.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:02 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:49 am
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

I mean he is bad.

🤡
I like what Ben Shapiro has to say about him. He says he knows he's a shitty human but with him in office his views/goals politically are pushed forward so he votes for him. I wish Trump supporters could just come out and say it rather than defending his terrible character.

But pretending that Trump is a pleasant, humble, business man who does everything legitimately is just digging your head in the dirt. He was known for being a conman long before he decided to run for president.
That sounds like exactly how I feel about Trump. I don't care about his past because we've already seen how he did as president for four years.

He led the country exactly how he should have, despite being sandbagged by his own party. John McCain coming out of brain surgery to vote against Repeal & Replace of Obamacare as a prime example.

If we get to the point where we're electing a pastor, I'll oppose Trump.

But as long as he's the leading conservative candidate, and he continues putting Americs first, he's got my vote because Biden's actively trying to turn the country into a shithole.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:06 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:02 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:49 am
bpj wrote:

🤡

That sounds like exactly how I feel about Trump. I don't care about his past because we've already seen how he did as president for four years.

He led the country exactly how he should have, despite being sandbagged by his own party. John McCain coming out of brain surgery to vote against Repeal & Replace of Obamacare as a prime example.

If we get to the point where we're electing a pastor, I'll oppose Trump.

But as long as he's the leading conservative candidate, and he continues putting Americs first, he's got my vote because Biden's actively trying to turn the country into a shithole.
Good. Then it's not TDS to acknowledge he's a shitty person. I also just happen to not agree with his politics.

I don't love Biden's politics either. Not a fan of career politicians. Believe he's part of the swamp too.

If either party could ever legitimately put a candidate forward whose aim isn't to fuck over half the country and could get actual policy passed to do that... I'd vote for him. I just don't think a billionaire with massive character flaws and narcissistic tendencies is the guy to do that.