Re: Can LaPiedra be brave 4-30 gamethread

Post by Juliooooo » Wed May 01, 2024 4:47 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:35 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:30 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:26 am

All of those guys are significantly more proven than Julio. They deserve their money.

And yes, if I were a Braves fan I'd be livid... but they deserve the benefit of the down given their consistent performance.

Julio had one month last year... otherwise he was a league average hitter.

^^ when you've lost one of these guys...
They got their contracts long before they were proven though. Their management took a risk, they also surrounded them with other players to help them out
And they lived up to those contracts they got, didn't they?

Again... this circles back to how you treat Julio compared to everyone else in the way you comment.

It's annoying to see you rail against Dylan Moore but give Julio the fattest pass ever.

Bro has to grow the fk up, stop flashing the dumb X sign in center, stop being a giggly little school girl and hit the fkn baseball like the contract he signed depends on it.
So you just want me to call him a piece of shit. Will that make you happy? He needs to hit better. He needs to strike out less. He should have made the catch in CF to run the HR. He shouldn’t have been picked off to end the game. He’s not going to produce every time in big situations, but he certainly needs to do it more often. There are 7 other hitters that are also vastly underperforming as well. I’m not calling them out individually every time they strike out. I do get frustrated with mental errors and routine plays that people miss though.
Last edited by Juliooooo on Wed May 01, 2024 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed May 01, 2024 4:53 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:47 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:35 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:30 am

They got their contracts long before they were proven though. Their management took a risk, they also surrounded them with other players to help them out
And they lived up to those contracts they got, didn't they?

Again... this circles back to how you treat Julio compared to everyone else in the way you comment.

It's annoying to see you rail against Dylan Moore but give Julio the fattest pass ever.

Bro has to grow the fk up, stop flashing the dumb X sign in center, stop being a giggly little school girl and hit the fkn baseball like the contract he signed depends on it.
So you just want me to call him a piece of shit. Will that make you happy? He needs to hit better. He needs to strike out less. He should have made the catch in CF to run the HR. He shouldn’t have been picked off to end the game. He’s not going to produce every time in big situations, but he certainly needs to do it more often. There are 7 other hitters that are also vastly underperforming as well.
And at least 2 of those 7 hitters deserve equal ridicule and have been getting hammered here and everywhere else.

Others do not carry the same expectations either due to tenure, $$ or talent.

Julio is the face of this franchise. He needs to make those plays. He needs to get those hits.

He is the engine of this thing and this engine doesn't operate without him making the choice to finally separate himself and become a superstar. He's too much of a head case. Too aloof. He needs to focus up.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 01, 2024 5:14 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:52 am
Sims talking about Julio getting his average up. Zero mention of his Brendan Ryan like .627 OPS. Just an idiot.
I saw that. Half way into his sentence he pauses like, oh I fucked this fact up, oh well, I've gone this far, might as well keep going. Idiot

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 01, 2024 5:14 am

Millikin wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:55 am
Julio misses the ball with his giant homerun swing.

If I was his coach, and he would listen, I'd have him choke up on the bat with 2 strikes like a little leaguer, and tell him to just make contact.
If I was his coach I'd move his ass down in the order.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 01, 2024 5:15 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:21 am
How in the F does DeHart still have a job. this is his SIXTH season.
Amen brother! PREACH!!!

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 01, 2024 5:18 am

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:45 am
As soon as I bitch about Dylan he hits an RBI double. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 01, 2024 5:19 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:47 am
Wed May 01, 2024 2:45 am
As soon as I bitch about Dylan he hits an RBI double. :roll:
Could you bitch about Julio please
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 01, 2024 5:30 am

Our pitching has been other-worldly! The fact that we have held the Braves offense to ONLY 4 runs in 2 games is INSANE!!! Do you see the OPS's for that entire lineup top to bottom? Give our guys a little bit of credit.

We have a Top 5 bullpen and just won the series in the first 2 games against these guys. Voth and Miller were brilliant last night. Stanek and Munoz have 2.60-ish ERA'S which is decent for back end relievers. I blame the offense more than anything for the close games. This ballpark is cursed towards our hitters, I swear! Nobody who we bring over(-Nellie) it does NOT matter. The 2-3-4-5:hitters need to do better. It's nice to get another series win, but we are nowhere near firing on all cylinders!

Props to Rojas getting on base all 4 times tonight to set up the heart of the order. Josh is in a zone! He's been worth the Geno trade all by himself.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:00 am

Mariners win! We're HEROES!!!

Starting pitching AGAIN, and against THAT lineup, man. Castillo total money tonight.

The bad of course, is that Julio can't even hit cookies with that terrible swing of his, and Stanek sucks.

TLO Idaho

Post by TLO Idaho » Wed May 01, 2024 6:19 am

Wed May 01, 2024 2:49 am
Wed May 01, 2024 2:48 am
Another Julio moment.
He needs snort coke or something.
Somebody in this organization needs to grab him by short hairs and explain to him that he is not the only player on this team/....