Hakstol fired, new coach will be...?

DavidGee24

Hakstol fired, new coach will be...?

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun May 05, 2024 12:18 am

Signs are pointing at Ron Francis going all-out to get Rod Brind'amour, the Carolina Hurlicanes coach. They're good friends who played together and Brind'amour is highly regarded. Hopefully this happens.

And then go out and sign a couple guys who can put the damn puck in the goal.

XpertDBA

Re: Hakstol fired, new coach will be...?

Post by XpertDBA » Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 pm

Who's to blame for us losing the entire 4th line from last year? Francis or Hakstol?

I think those 4th line guys were the key to that season and wish we hadn't have lost any of them, especially Sprong.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:35 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 pm
Who's to blame for us losing the entire 4th line from last year? Francis or Hakstol?

I think those 4th line guys were the key to that season and wish we hadn't have lost any of them, especially Sprong.
Definitely Francis. If anything, they should have kept Geekie. He's only 25, relatively cheap, and thriving playing for the Ruins.

When we hired Francis and Hakstol, fans from their prior teams told us we'd regret it and for the most part that's been true. We weren't going to do what Vegas did, but at the very least they should already have a perennial playoff team.

douche

Post by douche » Wed May 08, 2024 7:51 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 12:18 am
Signs are pointing at Ron Francis going all-out to get Rod Brind'amour, the Carolina Hurlicanes coach. They're good friends who played together and Brind'amour is highly regarded. Hopefully this happens.
Seems doubtful, CAR really wants him to stay. And I don't think he's interested in moving across the country.