New Sherriff in town

douche

Re: New Sherriff in town

Post by douche » Mon May 06, 2024 11:04 pm

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 07, 2024 4:39 pm

It seems simple enough. I have to have them turn the tunes down all the time, but I coach teenage girls.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:59 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:39 pm
It seems simple enough. I have to have them turn the tunes down all the time, but I coach teenage girls.
Heck, I don't even let them listen to music during practice

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Wed May 08, 2024 1:02 am

douche wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:23 am
I also enjoyed how PC revealed his game plan to the entire world before that matchup against DAL. 'We're going to run the ball'. And that's exactly what he tried to do. But not only did he tell everyone what he was planning to do, he made no game time adjustments to compensate for the team's actual inability to run the ball.

The Pete Carroll era ended that day. At least for me.
And just straight up having Thomas run into the Dallas locker room like a School Boy- B

Anyone remember the botched On/Side- Pooch kick dysfunction blown call- Miss-communication episode of nonsense about 2-3years ago ?

Bye Dinosaur -

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu May 09, 2024 12:40 am

Now that the draft is over, both are positions where the Seahawks could use some depth and could consider veteran options.

One free agent who remains an option, league sources say, is former Seahawk Jamal Adams, who could help at both spots.

Adams was cut by the Seahawks in March in a move that saved them more than $6 million in cap space for the 2024 season. Adams remains unsigned, as does fellow veteran safety Quandre Diggs, who was cut on the same day.

Seahawks president of football operations John Schneider said after Adams was released that the door remained open for his return.

League sources say the Seahawks have kept in touch with Adams and remain in contact with him, and that the interest in a possible return is regarded as legitimate.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 09, 2024 10:04 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:40 am
Now that the draft is over, both are positions where the Seahawks could use some depth and could consider veteran options.

One free agent who remains an option, league sources say, is former Seahawk Jamal Adams, who could help at both spots.

Adams was cut by the Seahawks in March in a move that saved them more than $6 million in cap space for the 2024 season. Adams remains unsigned, as does fellow veteran safety Quandre Diggs, who was cut on the same day.

Seahawks president of football operations John Schneider said after Adams was released that the door remained open for his return.

League sources say the Seahawks have kept in touch with Adams and remain in contact with him, and that the interest in a possible return is regarded as legitimate.
Yeah be sure to bring bad players from last season's horrid defense that literally no other team wants to mold your new defensive identity. Brilliant.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Fri May 10, 2024 6:06 pm

From seahawks.com:

"When Macdonald talked to high school coaches at a coaching clinic put at the University of Washington earlier this spring, he touched a bit on how having players who love the game but also how playing for each other can help him reach one of his goals for the team, which is to have it play with "shocking effort. It should pop off the screen like, 'Holy crap, how do they play like that?' Then it all starts from there."

When I watch a football game, I love to see 'shocking effort' popping off the screen. Which is probably why I lost interest in Carroll's approach. I think this new era is going to be a lot of fun.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2024 6:43 pm

douche wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:06 pm
From seahawks.com:

"When Macdonald talked to high school coaches at a coaching clinic put at the University of Washington earlier this spring, he touched a bit on how having players who love the game but also how playing for each other can help him reach one of his goals for the team, which is to have it play with "shocking effort. It should pop off the screen like, 'Holy crap, how do they play like that?' Then it all starts from there."

When I watch a football game, I love to see 'shocking effort' popping off the screen. Which is probably why I lost interest in Carroll's approach. I think this new era is going to be a lot of fun.
Shocking Effort. I can get down with that.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 pm

That could be bad news for Riq. Keep half-assing it on those tackling efforts and they have already drafted your replacement.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2024 9:54 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 pm
That could be bad news for Riq. Keep half-assing it on those tackling efforts and they have already drafted your replacement.
Still can't believe him on that Tush Push play at the goal line. He got out of the way like it was Molten Lava from a Volcanic eruption...
dt